Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:11 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
Those are non-combatant troops. They are there like the Corps of Army Engineers and like the ACE I,ll bet they are not armed. Up to now it has been against the law to deploy armed combat troops within the Unites States. Obama seems to have changed all that.
Both Seebees and Army Engineers are fully capable of performing combat operations if need be as they are equipped as infantry. However their primary duty is construction/engineering.

It was an Army engineer battalion that teamed up with Army Military Police to throw the VC out of Saigon in 1968 ...

My grandfather was a Seebee in World War II and they were fully trained and equipped as infantry ... and served as such on several occasions. They were right there alongside the Marines.

Army engineers were in the first wave at Omaha Beach. My dad had a professor in his college days who served with an engineer company that suffered 80% casualties that morning.

Just because they arent infantry, armor/cavalry, special forces, aviation, or artillery does not mean they are not combat capable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 04:37 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,383,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Both Seebees and Army Engineers are fully capable of performing combat operations if need be as they are equipped as infantry. However their primary duty is construction/engineering.

It was an Army engineer battalion that teamed up with Army Military Police to throw the VC out of Saigon in 1968 ...

My grandfather was a Seebee in World War II and they were fully trained and equipped as infantry ... and served as such on several occasions. They were right there alongside the Marines.

Army engineers were in the first wave at Omaha Beach. My dad had a professor in his college days who served with an engineer company that suffered 80% casualties that morning.

Just because they arent infantry, armor/cavalry, special forces, aviation, or artillery does not mean they are not combat capable.
Being a veteran I am well aware of that and that's not what I'm saying. For example: When the Army Engineers were working on the Mississippi levees or when they are used to help clean up disaster areas, are they armed. Of course not because the law in the prohibits that in the continental USA. Well until New Years Day 2012 now I have no idea. On the other hand NGs dispatched by a state government can be armed (Kent State, remember that?). Everything you mentioned in your post was about military action outside of the USA. Omaha Beach was not in Nebraska it was in France and Saigon is in Viet Nam not in LA.

Also every single man in the US Army, including General Peterus, has one primary MOS ...rifleman!!!!. Everyone, engineer, medic, clerk typist or cook has to go through basic infantry training and must qualify with a rifle. Shweesh WTF did I say they are not combat ready?Try reading what really i wrote instead of what you think I wrote before you start a usless lecture lecture. Thank you

Old 01-24-2012, 05:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Its a shame that we can deploy our military to protect anyone and everyone around the world, but to use them to protect our own borders and our own citizens is questionable. Every citizen killed by an illegal, raped by an illegal, victimized by an illegal is a crime that could have been prevented. They are crimes that should have been prevented. The notion that some how illegals make our crime go down or lack of illegals place us at greater risk is a flat out misrepresentation of facts. We can only hope that with troops returning from Iraq that a few thousand will be deployed to our border to work with the border patrol.

I so agree with you tinman01;

I have many friends and family, that would like to see our borders protected, like you, they have said, we seem to be every where else around this world, But where we should be, protecting our borders.

I have very good mexican friends that will not even go into Mexico anymore, they actually know more of what is going on then we do. They tell us it is pretty dang bad.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Being a veteran I am well aware of that and that's not what I'm saying. For example: When the Army Engineers were working on the Mississippi levees or when they are used to help clean up disaster areas, are they armed. Of course not because the law in the prohibits that in the continental USA. Well until New Years Day 2012 now I have no idea. On the other hand NGs dispatched by a state government can be armed (Kent State, remember that?). Everything you mentioned in your post was about military action outside of the USA. Omaha Beach was not in Nebraska it was in France and Saigon is in Viet Nam not in LA.

Also every single man in the US Army, including General Peterus, has one primary MOS ...rifleman!!!!. Everyone, engineer, medic, clerk typist or cook has to go through basic infantry training and must qualify with a rifle. Shweesh WTF did I say they are not combat ready?Try reading what really i wrote instead of what you think I wrote before you start a usless lecture lecture. Thank you
Please chill. I DON'T think WIHS2006 was trying to be a jerk and insult you.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:01 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

I have very good mexican friends that will not even go into Mexico anymore, they actually know more of what is going on then we do. They tell us it is pretty dang bad.
Its probably as bad as it gets.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:39 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
...Also every single man in the US Army, including General Peterus, has one primary MOS ...rifleman!!!!. Everyone, engineer, medic, clerk typist or cook has to go through basic infantry training and must qualify with a rifle...

Battle of the Bulge
(1965):

Charles Bronson: "Wait a minute, where are you men going?"

"To the shelter."

Charles Bronson: "Take off those aprons and grab your rifles."

"...But we're cooks!"

Charles Bronson: "Lunch is over..."

Old 01-26-2012, 12:25 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post

that is called a declaration of war. it is high time to start using troops on our border. start putting armored units and boots on the ground to keep the criminals and mexican soldiers out of the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration