U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 11:26 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Caught and deported? How do you imagine this be done and the impact it will have on society? Mexican illegals do jobs that American citizens would only do for at least twice the cost.
I just went through these costs to Kansans here: Brownback cuts school funding Post #18

We have over 50,000 illegal immigrants in our workforce in KS according to the stats, I believe it is probably higher. They are the ones that can afford to have children because those little anchors mean INCOME, free money from US citizens. I see they dip into our Medicaid funding and right now, funding for our adult son who is 28 years old and functions at the 40 month level is being cut, why not just e-verify and save money there? We have the population to do the work but those in government positions like the governor listen to big business who wants to pay low wages and have us the taxpayers of Kansas pick up the tab for whatever those low wages do not cover.

My ancestors did not come in with their hands out for free stuff from the government; my relatives came rolling up their sleeves to build the country, to be Americans, fly the American flag and learn to speak the English language so I see no comparison between my ancestors and the illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 03:13 PM

31,480 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I just went through these costs to Kansans here: Brownback cuts school funding Post #18

We have over 50,000 illegal immigrants in our workforce in KS according to the stats, I believe it is probably higher. They are the ones that can afford to have children because those little anchors mean INCOME, free money from US citizens. I see they dip into our Medicaid funding and right now, funding for our adult son who is 28 years old and functions at the 40 month level is being cut, why not just e-verify and save money there? We have the population to do the work but those in government positions like the governor listen to big business who wants to pay low wages and have us the taxpayers of Kansas pick up the tab for whatever those low wages do not cover.

My ancestors did not come in with their hands out for free stuff from the government; my relatives came rolling up their sleeves to build the country, to be Americans, fly the American flag and learn to speak the English language so I see no comparison between my ancestors and the illegal immigrants.
Thank you and an excellent and truthful post.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:31 AM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times
[quote=mateo45;38306229]Good, it'll get 'em to start paying taxes (then they can help provide welfare benefits for all the deadbeat "natives")! [/QUOT

Sorry, but I just recently heard that they are going to still get freebie federal government benefits, including, cash for 3 years back. I heard it on Lou Dobbs. I don't know who the speaker was, but he said we all need to make our reps aware of our wishes, and we don't wish this to happen. He said they didn't get enough votes to defund this idea the first time, which is so hard to believe. They know what we want, we shouldn't have to keep on at them to do their darn job! They said if someone walked over the border, and they were of retiring age, then they could go draw social security without ever having to earn one red cent. Now that, I do not understand. That is our money that we have worked for. I didn't think anyone could give our social security away!

Old 02-08-2015, 06:54 AM

31,480 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Free up the jobs that these illegals are holding instead by implementing e-verify and our so-called "deadbeat" citizens will go back to work and they in turn would be able to support our truly needy and poor that can't work through the income taxes that they would pay.....next.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:39 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,856,225 times
This whole "they do jobs Americans don't" is pro illegal lies. I worked in restaurants and they were mostly illegals. Those jobs such as dishwasher, bus boy and sometimes even cook were done years ago by working class Americans or more likely teens. An older friend (he's in my mid 50's now)told me when he was a teen he got a job as a dishwasher being paid minimum wage. Now you have illegals being paid to do this job very cheaply because the owner wants to pay cheaply so more money for him. Meanwhile I would see desperate Americans come into these restaurants and BEG for these jobs but they were being taken by people who shouldn't be here. Like was mentioned while many work, many other don't and yes they don't hesitate to take welfare. There are plenty of stats where it is stated way over half (in some cases around 75%)of illegals receive welfare. Some work at these jobs that "no American wants" but others don't work at all.

There is nothing good about illegals, nothing. It's insulting to legal immigrants too. My paternal grandmother was a British immigrant but she had to jump through hoops to come here and stay here. Yet she was married to an American (my grandfather was in the army when they met), she never took welfare, she worked sometimes (though was usually a housewife, this was the 50's)but mostly low paying jobs and of course spoke English. Every year she had to register to stay here and could have been deported for the simplest things. Who would you rather have here her or an illegal stealing jobs and welfare? and before someone uses the race issue my boyfriend is Mexican and his family aren't illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration