U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-04-2015, 07:28 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

Under the proposal, illegal immigrants under 30 years of age who came to the America illegally before they were 16 will be protected from deportation and can apply for a two-year work visa (which can be renewed indefinitely) given that they have lived in the United States continuously for at least five years, have not committed any crimes, have a high school diploma (or GED equivalent), or have served (or are currently serving) in the military.

Is Obama Right to Grant Young Illegal Immigrants Work Permits?

Is this "POTUS" that damn stupid? Illegal aliens CAN'T serve in the US military. The "crime" part; if enforced, would kick out MOST Dream Act people right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-04-2015, 07:47 AM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Under the proposal, illegal immigrants under 30 years of age who came to the America illegally before they were 16 will be protected from deportation and can apply for a two-year work visa (which can be renewed indefinitely) given that they have lived in the United States continuously for at least five years, have not committed any crimes, have a high school diploma (or GED equivalent), or have served (or are currently serving) in the military.

Is Obama Right to Grant Young Illegal Immigrants Work Permits?

Is this "POTUS" that damn stupid? Illegal aliens CAN'T serve in the US military. The "crime" part; if enforced, would kick out MOST Dream Act people right there.
Obama means not "convicted" of a crime. How does Obama think that those of that age group were able to survive without working? They either had to have committed felony ID theft or tax evasion by working under the table but I guess all is forgiven.

You're right, according to our laws illegal aliens cannot serve in our military. So why would Obama even bring that up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 11:06 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Reputation: 3602
Granting work permits to the illegals is so stupidly wrong it could only come from Obama.

The correct method:

Immigrants come into the country by legal means. This would require a change in the border policy, but that could be legally decided on.

If anything other than legal immigration they should be caught and deported.

Anchor babies should be deported. They are only here because their parent(s) broke the law to come here and should not benefit from their illegal act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 11:34 AM
 
723 posts, read 618,291 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Under the proposal, illegal immigrants under 30 years of age who came to the America illegally before they were 16 will be protected from deportation and can apply for a two-year work visa (which can be renewed indefinitely) given that they have lived in the United States continuously for at least five years, have not committed any crimes, have a high school diploma (or GED equivalent), or have served (or are currently serving) in the military.

Is Obama Right to Grant Young Illegal Immigrants Work Permits?

Is this "POTUS" that damn stupid? Illegal aliens CAN'T serve in the US military. The "crime" part; if enforced, would kick out MOST Dream Act people right there.
Yes because you or your ancestors were first illegal immigrant before becoming US citizens.
Are you an American Indian? I mean , we hear lots of folks blaming Obama on daily basis about this immigration issue.
Those who hate that much immigration should blame themselves or their ancestors for immigrating to the U.S in the past.
Fair ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 01:07 PM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,269,291 times
Reputation: 5901
Default Obama Right to Grant Young Illegal Immigrants Work Permits?

Good, it'll get 'em to start paying taxes (then they can help provide welfare benefits for all the deadbeat "natives")!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 01:21 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Yes because you or your ancestors were first illegal immigrant before becoming US citizens.
Are you an American Indian? I mean , we hear lots of folks blaming Obama on daily basis about this immigration issue.
Those who hate that much immigration should blame themselves or their ancestors for immigrating to the U.S in the past.
Fair ?
How do you know that Packard Fan's ancestors came here illegally? This isn't the old "native American" argument again is it? Their ancestors and all of our ancestors from long ago all migrated here from somewhere else. There were no "native" Americans back then. You can't be a native and have migrated here from somewhere else. Back then there were no immigration laws and all of us born from those ancestors long ago on U.S. soil are American citizens. We aren't here illegally.

We don't hate "immigration" we object to illegal immigration. In today's modern world all countries have immigration laws and quotas for legal immigration and they all object to illegal immigration and that is fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 04:04 PM
 
11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Reputation: 9861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How do you know that Packard Fan's ancestors came here illegally? This isn't the old "native American" argument again is it? Their ancestors and all of our ancestors from long ago all migrated here from somewhere else. There were no "native" Americans back then. You can't be a native and have migrated here from somewhere else. Back then there were no immigration laws and all of us born from those ancestors long ago on U.S. soil are American citizens. We aren't here illegally.

We don't hate "immigration" we object to illegal immigration. In today's modern world all countries have immigration laws and quotas for legal immigration and they all object to illegal immigration and that is fair.
Thank you, Oldglory!

It amazes me that so many people appear to think that American Indians just sprouted up from the ground

In fact, there is some debate as to whether they were the first people here. Some believe that the Solutreans were here first:

Solutrean hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way, when the pilgrims came here there was no USA, thus no immigration laws. Funny how invasion cheerleaders seem to forget that fact...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 04:22 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Thank you, Oldglory!

It amazes me that so many people appear to think that American Indians just sprouted up from the ground

In fact, there is some debate as to whether they were the first people here. Some believe that the Solutreans were here first:

Solutrean hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way, when the pilgrims came here there was no USA, thus no immigration laws. Funny how invasion cheerleaders seem to forget that fact...
I've heard that lame "native" American argument so many times from the pro-illegals I could upchuck. First off most here illegally are the descendants from tribes that settled below our southern border. They didn't settle within our borders. The descendants of the tribes that did are all full fledged U.S. citizens today and for that reason. No one's ancestors owned the entire continent. The different tribes settled all over this continent and they warred with each other if another tribe dared trespass on their tribal lands. You are correct the invasion cheerleaders seem to ignore history to make such lame claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 06:26 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Yes because you or your ancestors were first illegal immigrant before becoming US citizens.
Are you an American Indian? I mean , we hear lots of folks blaming Obama on daily basis about this immigration issue.
Those who hate that much immigration should blame themselves or their ancestors for immigrating to the U.S in the past.
Fair ?
It doesn't matter in 2015; the American Indians got taken down kinda like what the Aztecs did to weaker tribes before 1492.

The SAME can be said about the Spanish people who went to what's now LatAm.

Too; the American Indians also came from Asia way back in the day AND they had their ugly wars with each other too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2015, 08:27 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Funny that the illegal aliens and their supporters who are making claims of ownership to the entire continent (and this country in particular) via their indio ancestors aren't beating down Canada's door and demanding entry, isn't it? Last I looked Canada is a part of the No. American continent also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top