Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:07 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm pretty sure it is impossible for Texas to secede from the union. Secondly, the whole reason for ICE being a presence is to keep anti-illegals shut up. It is an organization centered around keeping these people content for what ever time. Once tensions begin to gruel once again, ICE is sent in for another immigration bust. This is what I am seeing currently. I honestly don't believe the federal government will dip their hands in the paint since illegal labor is used wide spread throughout the more populous illegal states such as California and Texas. These two states also happen to be the biggest with the most money, they supply the federal government with billions every year.

Really if we want to crack down on illegal immigrants is for the states to say "We are going to crack down on illegal immigrants" and one by one will start leaving their jobs and flee either back to Mexico or to another state. In the end what will that solve? Only some of the states' problems. Look at Oklahoma, all they did was swat the flies and killed a few. The others fled into other states which in essence only scape goated their problem.

Those bust you talk about are going on now in TEXAS everyday....

This is just fro you PL....on the 6PM local news they just picked up another load of illegals....today....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 05:09 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Those bust you talk about are going on now in TEXAS everyday....
And who's complaining the most..?

Old 01-09-2008, 05:11 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,686 times
Quote:
The only thing the school books covered last year was about Texas seceding from Mexico and joining the union. Any how, I want to see a valid source on the agreement was made that they could secede.
Read the Texas Constitution. I believe you'll find the information right there.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:12 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Read the Texas Constitution. I believe you'll find the information right there.
Want to tell me what section? Theres hundreds.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:19 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,255 times
Quote:
And who's complaining the most..?
Seems to be the illegals..... {:>)

Old 01-09-2008, 05:21 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:
Think of it as a school project.

Who knows, perhaps you can write a paper on it for extra credit!

Old 01-09-2008, 05:27 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
As far as I know, Texas does not have the authority to secede.

This is from www.texasseced.com (broken link)

Neither the Texas Constitution, nor the Constitution of the united States, explicitly or implicitly disallows the secession of Texas (or any other “free and independent State”) from the United States.

However, I wish it DID, since I live here..

Old 01-09-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I know, I've read it, along with the U.S. Constitution, the California Constitution, and now the Wyoming Constitution. I just finished a semester with a History of Wyoming course. I had to know all of the U.S. Constitution and the Wyoming Constitution and compare and contrast the two on my mid-term exam. Anyone transferring in from any out of state college must do the same, no matter what point they are at in their education. If my old brain can do it, your younger brain should be able to read the Texas Constitution and figure out which article contains the right for Texas to secede from the Union.

I'll give you a hint. It won't be in the articles regarding water rights, education, municipal or county organizations, public lands, or militia.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:32 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
As far as I know, Texas does not have the authority to secede.

This is from www.texasseced.com

Neither the Texas Constitution, nor the Constitution of the united States, explicitly or implicitly disallows the secession of Texas (or any other “free and independent State”) from the United States.

However, I wish it DID, since I live here..
it also says "Joining the “Union” was ever and always voluntary, rendering voluntary withdrawal an equally lawful and viable option (regardless of what any self-appointed academic, media, or government “experts”—including Abraham Lincoln himself—may have ever said).

Old 01-09-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
it also says "Joining the “Union” was ever and always voluntary, rendering voluntary withdrawal an equally lawful and viable option (regardless of what any self-appointed academic, media, or government “experts”—including Abraham Lincoln himself—may have ever said).
I went to high school in Texas years ago, but I believe that it is worded similarly in the Constitution.

My high school history teacher used to like to joke about Texas having the right to secede from the Union if the rest of the country didn't straighten up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration