Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:45 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I feel bad for the cop's family and that criminal illegal should be severly punished. It doesn't change the fact that majority of undocumented immigrants come here to work and stay out of trouble.

BTW, i have never focused my attention on mexicans illegals have i? When i think about undocumented immigrants , i don't ONLY think about mexicans as some of you guys do.

30 % of the Texas prison system is filled with illegals...30 on Texas death row are not American citizens......it does not say if they are illegal or not....

Death Row Offenders with Citizenship other than American (http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/nationalities.htm - broken link)

And I forgot to mention that Officer Johnson a Houston police officer was shot and killed by and illegal (from Mexico) last year, and he said he did it because he didn't want to be deported AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Undocumented immigrant is the proper term.
Even our liberal media here has gotten away from using that term (Undocumented immigrant), they mostly now use the term illegal immigrant...

Old 01-09-2008, 06:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Even our liberal media here has gotten away from using that term (Undocumented immigrant), they mostly now use the term illegal immigrant...
The word 'illegal' seems to be supplanting 'undocumented' here as well concerning immigrants who are not allowed in the USA.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:03 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,885 times
Quote:
30 % of the Texas prison system is filled with illegals...30 on Texas death row are not American citizens......it does not say if they are illegal or not....
Because you are not an American Citizen does not mean your illegal. Those individuals could be green card holders, considering 8 million people in this country hold a green card.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Because you are not an American Citizen does not mean your illegal. Those individuals could be green card holders, considering 8 million people in this country hold a green card.
Did you even read what wrote ? Doesn't look like it ! But one for sure is illegal.....

Old 01-09-2008, 07:09 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Did you even read what wrote ? Doesn't look like it ! But one for sure is illegal.....
I looked through that list and there is nothing to support the claim that one for sure is illegal. Btw, out of the 170 plus people on death row only 30 are non citizens.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:11 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,908 times
shouldn't be ANY... zero... none

Old 01-09-2008, 07:14 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
shouldn't be ANY... zero... none
Nothing shows that there is. They are greencard holders and temporary visa holders.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:22 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,149 times
Quote:
I feel bad for the cop's family and that criminal illegal should be severly punished. It doesn't change the fact that majority of undocumented immigrants come here to work and stay out of trouble.

BTW, i have never focused my attention on mexicans illegals have i? When i think about undocumented immigrants , i don't ONLY think about mexicans as some of you guys do.
"undocumented immigrants" .... that's like calling a burgular an uninvited houseguest. call em what they are homer, ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 07:24 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
I looked through that list and there is nothing to support the claim that one for sure is illegal. Btw, out of the 170 plus people on death row only 30 are non citizens.
Nearly 18% of death row inmates being non citizens seems pretty significant to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration