Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 09:52 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I understand your concerns, I just don't see this being done outside of the normal processes. Congress has oversight, as mentioned in this article concerning funding issues:
_[/url]
I envy your optimism--and I'm willing to concede that it COULD be justified--maybe. Stranger things have happened, I guess. And as I said in my previous post, it doesn't matter anyway what I want--or you want-- it's pretty much inevitable that "what's going to happen is going to happen". You and I will not be consulted, I'm afraid.
Still, I must tell you I have MANY reservations. I don't trust those in power anymore--(wish I could, but I just can't). You state that "Congress has oversight"---is this a GOOD thing, or a BAD thing? Remember that Congress has oversight in matters of immigration, too. Any comments on the job they're doing in THAT particular area? How responsive, in your opinion, have they been in listening to their constituents? Do you see any 'bias' on the part of Congress toward "Big Contributors", who may personally benefit from a flood of cheap labor? Do you see any POSSIBLE chance that OTHER Big Players might try to influence Congress in the future? I certainly do...And I don't see Congress at any time soon, suddenly developing a 'conscience'. Wish I could share your optimism....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 09:58 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
New, you don't believe that this is just another stepping stone to the NAU? I guess you have much more faith in our government than do I. First, the very first "myth versus fact" statement has already been proven to be a lie by our government.

From the SPP website; remember - "There was no agreement or treaty, nothing was signed (I'm paraphrasing)." But yet there was an agreement signed while there was no authority to do so. I don't like our executive branch determining policies that can and will change this country without public scrutiny; under the radar, so to speak.

The NAU is coming in direct response to the trade imbalances with China, the falling dollar, and the formation of the EU. This is just another step in that direction, next will come the Amero and then the borders will essentially be erased - all without approval by the citizens of this Republic.

We'll be an open union free to move anywhere within, and the corruptness of Mexico will invade our country like a plague. Sure, there are corrupt people in Canada and the U.S. for sure (just look at the people initiating this), but to a minute degree compared to Mexico. Joining the United States to a third world country will mean our standard of living will go down while theirs will come up.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:08 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I envy your optimism--and I'm willing to concede that it COULD be justified--maybe. Stranger things have happened, I guess. And as I said in my previous post, it doesn't matter anyway what I want--or you want-- it's pretty much inevitable that "what's going to happen is going to happen". You and I will not be consulted, I'm afraid.
Still, I must tell you I have MANY reservations. I don't trust those in power anymore--(wish I could, but I just can't). You state that "Congress has oversight"---is this a GOOD thing, or a BAD thing?

My take, which is very different from the preponderance of Immigration Forum posters is that the US isn't being subverted from within the Federal structure. Time will tell who has a more accurate view here, but I don't share the concerns of the posters that we are evolving into a single entity.

I have more trust of those in power than fellow posters. I think that competing interest, turf issues, coordination, funding, communication and other things make policy and execution very difficult, but I don't believe there is an effort to overthrow our sovereignty. I have no problems with discussing and evaluating changes in how we relate and cooperate with our neighboring countries, and those overseas.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:16 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
My take, which is very different from the preponderance of Immigration Forum posters is that the US isn't being subverted from within the Federal structure. Time will tell who has a more accurate view here, but I don't share the concerns of the posters that we are evolving into a single entity.

I have more trust of those in power than fellow posters. I think that competing interest, turf issues, coordination, funding, communication and other things make policy and execution very difficult, but I don't believe there is an effort to overthrow our sovereignty. I have no problems with discussing and evaluating changes in how we relate and cooperate with our neighboring countries, and those overseas.
Like macmeal said, I wish I could share your optomism New.

Peace.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:16 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Quote:

The way I look at it is that our governments don't CARE about their sovereignty. They're much more interested in MONEY. If this means more money in the pockets of the fat cats, that's what they'll want. And, in fact, they want a One World government with the rich elites in power, and the rest of you (I'll be dead, I hope) basically as slaves.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:35 AM

100 posts, read 151,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
North American Union is a great idea. We live in a global world and this would be a very progressive step toward a more unified North America. Giving citizens of these three countries the chance to work and live anywhere in North America is a great idea!!I would love to work and live in Canada without having to become a citizen. Let's do it!

Would you love to live and work in Mexico for their wages and living conditions. No we and Canada would be the big losers here if Mexico can just keep walking in.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:46 AM

100 posts, read 151,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Still, I must tell you I have MANY reservations. I don't trust those in power anymore--(wish I could, but I just can't). You state that "Congress has oversight"---is this a GOOD thing, or a BAD thing? Remember that Congress has oversight in matters of immigration, too. Any comments on the job they're doing in THAT particular area? How responsive, in your opinion, have they been in listening to their constituents? Do you see any 'bias' on the part of Congress toward "Big Contributors", who may personally benefit from a flood of cheap labor? Do you see any POSSIBLE chance that OTHER Big Players might try to influence Congress in the future? I certainly do...And I don't see Congress at any time soon, suddenly developing a 'conscience'. Wish I could share your optimism....
I agree. When I watched the documentary movie "The Border", at the end Chris Brouchard is speaking to a person who worked in the government. He wouldn't say on tape the government representative, but he said, "they aren't just making millions any more they are making billions of dollars". He was speaking of the special interests.

Now, I didn't believe it before, but after seeing Vicente Fox on Larry King Live months ago, I do. Larry asked him during the conversation on this subject, "so are you saying we will have a currency similar to the Euro?" Fox replied, "oh that is way down the road, Chavez decided to go independent .. . . ."

Then the light bulb came on. We have been lied to by Canadian, Mexico, and USA leaders.

I believe that Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo, both, believe they are trying to institute a NAU.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:00 PM

902 posts, read 718,061 times
In the first place, there is NO oversight if the Congress of elites wants the same thing as the President, and most of the time they do.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:02 PM

902 posts, read 718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPatriot1 View Post
I agree. When I watched the documentary movie "The Border", at the end Chris Brouchard is speaking to a person who worked in the government. He wouldn't say on tape the government representative, but he said, "they aren't just making millions any more they are making billions of dollars". He was speaking of the special interests.

Now, I didn't believe it before, but after seeing Vicente Fox on Larry King Live months ago, I do. Larry asked him during the conversation on this subject, "so are you saying we will have a currency similar to the Euro?" Fox replied, "oh that is way down the road, Chavez decided to go independent .. . . ."

Then the light bulb came on. We have been lied to by Canadian, Mexico, and USA leaders.

I believe that Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo, both, believe they are trying to institute a NAU.
Of course they are and I am sorry, but anyone that does not believe it is simply quite naive or plain ignorant. They have been after this for a very long time, much longer than most in here could even comprehend.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:42 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Of course they are and I am sorry, but anyone that does not believe it is simply quite naive or plain ignorant. They have been after this for a very long time, much longer than most in here could even comprehend.
The first meeting was in Canada in 2005, and they started making their "plans" for us then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration