U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-12-2015, 03:53 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus77 View Post
These countries does not have good economies, they might be a little bit better but hardly good. The situation of economies in Latin America is only degrading with the populism from left wing governments, Venezuela, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil all going into recession due very bad governments.

They still get lot of refugees or immigrants, there was a ton of people from Bolivia, Haiti and Africa fleeing to Brazil while the economy was doing better.

I can't imagine how hard would be leaving a child behind in the hopes of gathering money to bring them later. But some people went through different upbringing.

I don't think the border official should the judge if a country is dangerous or not. US have embassies in all these places that can attest if the countries is dangerous, they are there to gather data.
Then ANY person crossing the US border ILLEGALLY assuming there's no way to prove otherwise, needs to be arrested and locked up. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-12-2015, 04:08 PM
 
1,347 posts, read 775,294 times
Reputation: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I still don't understand how parents can leave their children behind if it is so terrible in their homelands. If coming here illegally unless they are truly in danger of their lives they cannot claim refugee status simply because of economic reasons. They make their problems America's problems. Sorry but we have enough of our own poor and destitute to worry about.
It's a farce: "oh it's so terrible, it's so dangerous ...but I'll leave my kids down there, with grandma to protect and defend them from the gangs..."

Yeah, ok.

If there was not big business and the democratic party seeking the entrance of mass illegals behind this invasion, it would not be happening. We have failed as a country, as citizens we have allowed the despicable corporate interests and democratic vote buying party to undermine the foundations of our nation. Our children will never forgive us for it.

Last edited by MadisonR; 02-12-2015 at 04:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2015, 04:10 PM
 
1,347 posts, read 775,294 times
Reputation: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am 100% for sealing our borders. But, I do understand how they can leave their children..........they want them to go to good schools and have a chance in life. Just like parents here.
That's nice...by leaving them in an alleged war zone down there? If it's so dangerous, how can the parents leave their children in such a place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2015, 04:15 PM
 
11,501 posts, read 5,515,070 times
Reputation: 9869
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
It's a farce; "oh it's so terrible, it's so dangerous ...but I'll leave my kids down there, with grandma to protect and defend them from the gangs..."

Yeah, ok.

If there was not big business and the democratic party seeking the entrance of mass illegals behind this invasion, it could not even remotely be justified. We have failed as a country, as citizens we have allowed the despicable corporate interests and democratic vote buying party to undermine the foundations of our nation. Our children will never forgive us for it.
As a parent, I can't even imagine leaving my child behind in a war zone. Even worse, some of those who leave their kids behind start new families in this country.

Some even hire coyotes to smuggle their kids into this country, thereby leaving their kids to be exploited, raped or killed while in the hands of the coyotes.

Shaking my head.

I do worry what our country will be like for my grandkids when they are grown. At least my daughter knows that I do all that I can as one person to put an end to this nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2015, 04:15 PM
 
1,347 posts, read 775,294 times
Reputation: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus77 View Post
These countries does not have good economies, they might be a little bit better but hardly good. The situation of economies in Latin America is only degrading with the populism from left wing governments, Venezuela, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil all going into recession due very bad governments.

They still get lot of refugees or immigrants, there was a ton of people from Bolivia, Haiti and Africa fleeing to Brazil while the economy was doing better.

I can't imagine how hard would be leaving a child behind in the hopes of gathering money to bring them later. But some people went through different upbringing.

I don't think the border official should the judge if a country is dangerous or not. US have embassies in all these places that can attest if the countries is dangerous, they are there to gather data.
It is not the US' responsibility to take in the poor of the world, and where is the hispanic "solidarity" when it comes to helping their fellow latinos? We see so much of the hispanic pride in their cultures, yet when it comes to helping each other, it is up to the white US to have to clean up their messes?

If the scum hole news media in this country had an ounce of credibility, it would be shedding light with significant coverage on these issues, but instead - it is considered "politically incorrect" to point these things out, so they get hidden, excused away, or one is called "racist" for pointing the obvious out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2015, 04:20 PM
 
1,347 posts, read 775,294 times
Reputation: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
As a parent, I can't even imagine leaving my child behind in a war zone.
That's my point; if these countries were truly in such bad shape, no caring parent in their right mind would even consider leaving their kids there - but of course, the dung pretending to be reporters in the media never ask or pursue the obvious questions about this.

Quote:
Even worse, some of those who leave their kids behind start new families in this country.
...worsening the overpopulation we are beginning to suffer from in both central america and the US.

Quote:
I do worry what our country will be like for my grandkids when they are grown. At least my daughter knows that I do all that I can as one person to put an end to this nonsense.
But you have failed her, as the rest of us have failed our kids, and there is no forgiving it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2015, 05:10 PM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,860,258 times
Reputation: 5888
Agree with those who mention welfare. Since a majority of them are on welfare it's fair to say they come for my money. I bet if we got rid of birth right (like other countries have or are going to)and got rid of welfare for them they would leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2015, 06:09 PM
 
11,501 posts, read 5,515,070 times
Reputation: 9869
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post



But you have failed her, as the rest of us have failed our kids, and there is no forgiving it...
^This is insulting.

How, exactly, did I fail her? Far too many people are either in denial about this problem and then there are the invasion cheerleaders who push for even more illegals.

My rep and senators hear from me quite a bit on this issue. Before voting, I take a look at the candidates and where they stand on this issue.

I've even taken to the streets with like-minded people in protest regarding this issue and even talked to the press.

I've donated money to groups who are pushing for change.

If change doesn't happen, it won't be because I failed to do something about it. My daughter and grandkids will know that my husband and I did all that we could.

Yet, according to you, I'm somehow failing future generations.

What more do you want from those of us who care and are working to make positive change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2015, 06:23 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,259,394 times
Reputation: 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
That's nice...by leaving them in an alleged war zone down there? If it's so dangerous, how can the parents leave their children in such a place?
What are they going to do???

The people I know left their kids with the grandmother.

One part the we in the USA do not understand........to be safe.....they have to pay the local gang.

The money sent from their parents helps keep them safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2015, 06:46 PM
 
31,512 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8372
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^This is insulting.

How, exactly, did I fail her? Far too many people are either in denial about this problem and then there are the invasion cheerleaders who push for even more illegals.

My rep and senators hear from me quite a bit on this issue. Before voting, I take a look at the candidates and where they stand on this issue.

I've even taken to the streets with like-minded people in protest regarding this issue and even talked to the press.

I've donated money to groups who are pushing for change.

If change doesn't happen, it won't be because I failed to do something about it. My daughter and grandkids will know that my husband and I did all that we could.

Yet, according to you, I'm somehow failing future generations.

What more do you want from those of us who care and are working to make positive change?
I do all of the same. It appears that money, power and votes are all that counts with our politicians these days. Even when you elect someone because they claim to be anti-illegal immigration and anti-amnesty they double cross you after they are in office. I don't know what it is going to take to elect politicians who will keep their word and put the American people first. I am truly saddened by all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top