U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 07:22 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,507,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I do all of the same. It appears that money, power and votes are all that counts with our politicians these days. Even when you elect someone because they claim to be anti-illegal immigration and anti-amnesty they double cross you after they are in office. I don't know what it is going to take to elect politicians who will keep their word and put the American people first. I am truly saddened by all of this.
I, too, am truly saddened by all of this, Oldglory

It's insulting to say to those of us who are trying to make a difference that we failed our kids and grandkids

I know politicians do double-cross their constituents. When one of my senators, Warner, was governor, he passed some measures that got tough on illegals. He's a democrat, so it was even more impressive. So I voted for him. Once he got in office, he started voting the way Obama wanted dems to vote and he supports amnesty for illegals. Did I ever feel duped I didn't make the same mistake when he was up for re-election but sadly, he eked out a win by 17,000 votes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 08:28 PM

31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I, too, am truly saddened by all of this, Oldglory

It's insulting to say to those of us who are trying to make a difference that we failed our kids and grandkids

I know politicians do double-cross their constituents. When one of my senators, Warner, was governor, he passed some measures that got tough on illegals. He's a democrat, so it was even more impressive. So I voted for him. Once he got in office, he started voting the way Obama wanted dems to vote and he supports amnesty for illegals. Did I ever feel duped I didn't make the same mistake when he was up for re-election but sadly, he eked out a win by 17,000 votes!
Unfortunately, I don't trust any of them from either party these days.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:27 PM

1,347 posts, read 775,025 times
Quote:
^This is insulting.

How, exactly, did I fail her? Far too many people are either in denial about this problem and then there are the invasion cheerleaders who push for even more illegals.

My rep and senators hear from me quite a bit on this issue. Before voting, I take a look at the candidates and where they stand on this issue.

I've even taken to the streets with like-minded people in protest regarding this issue and even talked to the press.

I've donated money to groups who are pushing for change.

If change doesn't happen, it won't be because I failed to do something about it. My daughter and grandkids will know that my husband and I did all that we could.

Yet, according to you, I'm somehow failing future generations.

What more do you want from those of us who care and are working to make positive change?
I am insulting you, I am insulting me, our government, the rest of the complacent citizenry who have allowed corporate america and the scumbag democratic party to have put us into this situation, and insulting everyone else including any bleeding heart, clueless liberals/useful idiots claiming either idiocy: "but we are a nation of immigrants" or "but we are americans so we should be compassionate towards those less fortunate"...

I am insulting everyone one of us, because lunatic scenarios like the total mis-reading of the 14th amendment has been applied towards allowing every bottom-feeding leech from around the world to sneak in and soak up our tax dollars, and has continued for decades.

You can march in every protest, scream in every letter to the editor, but until enough people rise up and literally threaten the government with a revolution/rebellion, NOTHING will happen, NOTHING.

We are all guilty of having failed, because we have sat complacently watching corporate-fed, soothing garbage to calm the masses like pro football, TV shows, etc., when we could have been getting off of our a$$es and done something - but we didn't, and haven't.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:03 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
I am insulting you, I am insulting me, our government, the rest of the complacent citizenry who have allowed corporate america and the scumbag democratic party to have put us into this situation, and insulting everyone else including any bleeding heart, clueless liberals/useful idiots claiming either idiocy: "but we are a nation of immigrants" or "but we are americans so we should be compassionate towards those less fortunate"...

I am insulting everyone one of us, because lunatic scenarios like the total mis-reading of the 14th amendment has been applied towards allowing every bottom-feeding leech from around the world to sneak in and soak up our tax dollars, and has continued for decades.

You can march in every protest, scream in every letter to the editor, but until enough people rise up and literally threaten the government with a revolution/rebellion, NOTHING will happen, NOTHING.

We are all guilty of having failed, because we have sat complacently watching corporate-fed, soothing garbage to calm the masses like pro football, TV shows, etc., when we could have been getting off of our a$$es and done something - but we didn't, and haven't.
I can't help it if you feel guilty but don't project your sense of failure on to the rest of us.

I've done all that I, AS ONE PERSON, can do. I am not a failure.

What have you done about the issue of illegal immigration lately? It sounds like you haven't done anything and you have no answers.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I can't help it if you feel guilty but don't project your sense of failure on to the rest of us.

I've done all that I, AS ONE PERSON, can do. I am not a failure.

What have you done about the issue of illegal immigration lately? It sounds like you haven't done anything and you have no answers.
LOL, you're missing the big picture, you could have been working on this issue 24/7 for years and it wouldn't have mattered; we have over 30 million illegals here, millions of anchor babies born, hundreds of thousands if not millions of H1B visa holders killing whole sections of the economy, and most of these people will not be leaving the US unless drastic action is taken.

My point is that I am not mocking or questioning your effort, I am attacking the results that we as a generation have not succeeded in our fight against the corporate/democratic party interests who have opened the floodgates to the world's mass poor, leading to a fundamentally damaged culture, over-crowded cities, and financially crushed state governments. I will not get into the more than 100 hospitals closed due to the high number of local illegals using their services for free...

While your and the efforts of such righteous groups as FAIR have been noble, and are to be commended, nothing has been accomplished despite them.

As for MY solution, it is to deport every single illegal going back to 1950, with an elimination of the concept of anchor babies going back to 1864. The reality is that only a mass uprising / rebellion will force the government, including the scum-g democrats to stop the flow and remove those here illegally.

Some I've spoken with have suggested eliminating all welfare even for anchor babies and cracking down on business owners with jail time, but even getting those ideas passed is beyond the activists' ability without an uprising.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:53 AM

601 posts, read 410,092 times
Quote:
LOL, you're missing the big picture, you could have been working on this issue 24/7 for years and it wouldn't have mattered; we have over 30 million illegals here, millions of anchor babies born, hundreds of thousands if not millions of H1B visa holders killing whole sections of the economy, and most of these people will not be leaving the US unless drastic action is taken.

My point is that I am not mocking or questioning your effort, I am attacking the results that we as a generation have not succeeded in our fight against the corporate/democratic party interests who have opened the floodgates to the world's mass poor, leading to a fundamentally damaged culture, over-crowded cities, and financially crushed state governments. I will not get into the more than 100 hospitals closed due to the high number of local illegals using their services for free...

While your and the efforts of such righteous groups as FAIR have been noble, and are to be commended, nothing has been accomplished despite them.

As for MY solution, it is to deport every single illegal going back to 1950, with an elimination of the concept of anchor babies going back to 1864. The reality is that only a mass uprising / rebellion will force the government, including the scum-g democrats to stop the flow and remove those here illegally.

Jimmy freaking Carter addressed Congress about his concerns about "undocumented aliens" in 1977, and that commie pinko Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to millions in 1986. This is NOT a Democrat issue, in the present, or the past.

Some I've spoken with have suggested eliminating all welfare even for anchor babies and cracking down on business owners with jail time, but even getting those ideas passed is beyond the activists' ability without an uprising.
The Chamber of Commerce wing of the Republicans, which is all of them, want cheap labor at ALL costs. They love illegal immigration. This is not solely a Democrat issue. Securing the border and deporting and otherwise villainizing illegal immigrants is a distraction from the root of the issue - PEOPLE WILL HIRE THEM. Individuals and businesses small and large LOVE hiring illegal immigrants. They are part of the large class of the working poor in America, who live on a combination of welfare and work.

Villainize the people that hire and directly support illegal immigrants, if you must villainize anyone.

Jimmy freaking Carter addressed Congress with his concerns about "undocumented aliens" in 1977, and that pinko commie Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to millions in 1986. This is NOT solely a Democrat issue, in the past, or present.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:23 AM

31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchmen View Post
The Chamber of Commerce wing of the Republicans, which is all of them, want cheap labor at ALL costs. They love illegal immigration. This is not solely a Democrat issue. Securing the border and deporting and otherwise villainizing illegal immigrants is a distraction from the root of the issue - PEOPLE WILL HIRE THEM. Individuals and businesses small and large LOVE hiring illegal immigrants. They are part of the large class of the working poor in America, who live on a combination of welfare and work.

Villainize the people that hire and directly support illegal immigrants, if you must villainize anyone.

Jimmy freaking Carter addressed Congress with his concerns about "undocumented aliens" in 1977, and that pinko commie Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to millions in 1986. This is NOT solely a Democrat issue, in the past, or present.
Correction. It is both the Democrats and the GOP politicians that are advocates for cheap, illegal labor because they are in cohoots with the businesses that hire them.

From what I understand it is the Democrats that oppose e-verify to put an end to these illegal hiring practices. The Senate bill which included a watered down version of e-verify would only take effect after 5 years and it would not include making those already working to pass it. I don't care what you claim the majority of Americans do not hire illegal aliens at least not knowingly.

Yes, Reagan was wrong to grant an amnesty but he was fooled into thinking that our borders would be secured. Well they weren't. It is our present Democrat president that has implemented DACA, stay of deportations for those with U.S. citizen children with work permits, constant promises of amnesty and instructed Homeland Security not to detain or deport any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted" criminals. What other president did that?

Old 02-13-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't care what you claim the majority of Americans do not hire illegal aliens at least not knowingly.
I'm sorry that the Chamber of Commerce wing of the Federal Government has led you to believe this - it just cannot be true. If I hire someone, it really is not be hard to verify their identity, should I CHOOSE to take the time and effort to do so properly. I've hired people for the small organization that I work for; we would never hire someone without doing a comprehensive background check.

Yes, I'm disappointed in the current administration when it comes to this issue. Very disappointed. But I don't think that Republicans have any solid solutions, other than silly distractions like securing the border. If anything, that is much more dastardly - throwing up distractions, saying that you are against illegal immigration out of one side of your mouth, while even more overtly being against things like businesses paying fair wages and taxes - illegal immigration oh so coincidentally solves those little issues, so what do you know, keeping the status quo while blaming welfare-loving bleeding heart liberals for all the ills of this county just so conveniently works out.

This is where I am right now.

The Liberal Case Against Illegal Immigration - The Daily Beast

Old 02-13-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchmen View Post

Uh, read my posts in this thread. I have as much hatred for the corporate wing of the republican party as I do for the entire democratic party, both are the scum of the earth an deserve to be placed on a ship and sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

No True Conservative that I know of wants to have anything to do with either the corporate wing or the religious wing of the GOP.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Uh, read my posts in this thread. I have as much hatred for the corporate wing of the republican party as I do for the entire democratic party, both are the scum of the earth an deserve to be placed on a ship and sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

No True Conservative that I know of wants to have anything to do with either the corporate wing or the religious wing of the GOP.
Nope, don't see it. It isn't just you, though. The entire anti-illegal immigration movement hinges incredibly on faulting Democrats.

Are the tea partiers the true conservatives now? Their 15 tenets, one of which directly addresses illegal immigration, also lean toward being business friendly.

About Us - Tea Party

Last edited by TheWatchmen; 02-13-2015 at 12:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or