Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 06:39 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How is it a better life without the nurturing of a parent to raise them and love them? Grandparents can be loving also but they can never replace having a mom or dad in your life. Money isn't everything.
It is in Honduras........you just have no idea.

One of my x-sister-in-laws lives in the capitol.

One night when I was there she wanted some milk.....to cook something.......milk is expensive to drink.

I had money.........we could not buy milk.........there was none to be bought.

Life there is hard.

When I come home from a visit.......I just bring my documents to travel and the clothes I have on.

I leave everything I can for my family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 06:45 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It is in Honduras........you just have no idea.

One of my x-sister-in-laws lives in the capitol.

One night when I was there she wanted some milk.....to cook something.......milk is expensive to drink.

I had money.........we could not buy milk.........there was none to be bought.

Life there is hard.

When I come home from a visit.......I just bring my documents to travel and the clothes I have on.

I leave everything I can for my family.
I still don't understand how parents can leave their children behind if it is so terrible in their homelands. If coming here illegally unless they are truly in danger of their lives they cannot claim refugee status simply because of economic reasons. They make their problems America's problems. Sorry but we have enough of our own poor and destitute to worry about.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
I still don't understand how parents can leave their children behind if it is so terrible in their homelands. If coming here illegally unless they are truly in danger of their lives they cannot claim refugee status simply because of economic reasons. They make their problems America's problems. Sorry but we have enough of our own poor and destitute to worry about.
I am 100% for sealing our borders.

But, I do understand how they can leave their children..........they want them to go to good schools and have a chance in life.

Just like parents here.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
I am 100% for sealing our borders.

But, I do understand how they can leave their children..........they want them to go to good schools and have a chance in life.

Just like parents here.
That doesn't give them the right to come here illegally. By doing so and taking jobs that Americans need, reducing their wages and taking more from our tax coffers than they pay in they are hurting American families who are the rightful citizens of this country. If you can't afford to care for own your kids or you have to desert them by breaking the law then don't have them.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
That doesn't give them the right to come here illegally. By doing so and taking jobs that Americans need, reducing their wages and taking more from our tax coffers than they pay in they are hurting American families who are the rightful citizens of this country. If you can't afford to raise your kids without breaking the law then don't have them.
No it does not give them the right.

And it has been going on for years.........Obama made it a lot worse.......when he meddled in their politics.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:15 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
So you're saying the US are suckers?

So you're saying it isn't that dangerous, if they are willing to leave their children behind?
Hey now!!! Those Latin American people, and their countries are so wonderful, and overflowing with inclusive, kind, understanding, friendly and non-racist, non-violent, and way smarter and harder working people then here in the US, that no one wants to live in those countries.... so of course they come to the US.

Only the good Latino people come to the US, not the ones who messed up their own countries so badly that people risk life and limb to come to the US. Oh, and the criminals and malcontents don't come to the US either.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:35 AM

62 posts, read 70,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
I have a few questions about the central american illegals:

If the central american illegals were truly refugees - the way refugees like syria have gone into neighboring countries like Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, etc. - why are they bypassing so many hispanic countries which share their language and culture, many with good economies, to reach the US?

If they were so destitute and war weary, suffering from so much hardship, why aren't they simply going "next-door" to one of the local countries, instead of paying thousands of dollars, traveling treacherously for thousands of miles to reach the US?

Couldn't be because of the welfare and handouts in the US now could it?

2) If things were truly so dangerous in central america, why are the illegal aliens willingly leaving their children - the most important thing in most parents' lives - in these "war zones" while they head up to the US? If these areas were truly as dangerous as they claim, what kind of parent would willingly leave their children in such a terrible place for YEARS while they sneak into the US?

Could it be that they are lying, and that these areas are not as dangerous as they claim them to be to US border officials?

How come the leftwing media in this country is so unwilling to ask and investigate these questions?
These countries does not have good economies, they might be a little bit better but hardly good. The situation of economies in Latin America is only degrading with the populism from left wing governments, Venezuela, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil all going into recession due very bad governments.

They still get lot of refugees or immigrants, there was a ton of people from Bolivia, Haiti and Africa fleeing to Brazil while the economy was doing better.

I can't imagine how hard would be leaving a child behind in the hopes of gathering money to bring them later. But some people went through different upbringing.

I don't think the border official should the judge if a country is dangerous or not. US have embassies in all these places that can attest if the countries is dangerous, they are there to gather data.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
No it does not give them the right.

And it has been going on for years.........Obama made it a lot worse.......when he meddled in their politics.
Many of us are Republicans and we aren't in control of what Obama does. My point is that we innocent, law abiding Americans should not have to tolerate an illegal invasion of our country for any reason.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Hey now!!! Those Latin American people, and their countries are so wonderful, and overflowing with inclusive, kind, understanding, friendly and non-racist, non-violent, and way smarter and harder working people then here in the US, that no one wants to live in those countries.... so of course they come to the US.

Only the good Latino people come to the US, not the ones who messed up their own countries so badly that people risk life and limb to come to the US. Oh, and the criminals and malcontents don't come to the US either.
You might use the sarcastic icon in your posts as some people may not understand that you are being sarcastic.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Many of us are Republicans and we aren't in control of what Obama does. My point is that we innocent, law abiding Americans should not have to tolerate an illegal invasion of our country for any reason.
I agree with you.....but, nothing is going to change much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration