U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 04:08 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,321,316 times

Advertisements

Today, I was checking the newspaper to find info about the 5 hour power outage in the middle of the night. Well, I found the article yet no name and age of the person in the truck that hit the power pole but it said the person was not injured. Now, this is just about the first time that I haven't ever seen that information provided. The other time was when someone led the police on a high speed crash through a congested area in town because he had run a stop sign. Yes, run a stop sign and in the high speed crash he lost his life. We have hit and runs listed in the police reports more times than any other place we have lived.

So, the next thing I notice is that the county health department has confirmed 3 cases of Pertussis - Whooping Cough. So, I google "illegals and whooping cough" and articles come up over the years in TX and CA. So, add that to the fact that every store has remedies for bed bugs and head lice.......... I grew up in MI and there was never a case of whooping cough that I ever heard of, I never knew anyone with bed bugs and in 13 years of school, only once was their an outbreak of head lice and only 4 children had them.

One of the ways you can spot an illegals living quarters is they usually have about 6 vehicles to one dwelling and as most of us know, when you live in crowded conditions, well, it gets icky. I actually lived in a town in KS years ago that limits the amount of individuals per dwelling based on square footage, it was generous but not generous enough to accommodate 6 families. I don't know if that would be legal or not but that town looked a heck of a lot better than this one!

I just cannot believe the ignorance surrounding what illegals are doing to our country. Here, they have had the red carpet out for them so long that they actually don't realize where the illness, bugs, etc. come from since it is just a natural thing to them. Those that don't live here or in similar circumstances just have no idea what it looks like.

This is my rant. I am just so fed up with it after getting up close and personal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 05:00 PM

11,734 posts, read 5,672,966 times
I hear you. Illegals have destroyed my community. Sure, there are laws against overcrowded housing but, here, they have no teeth in them. An inspector can go to an overcrowded house and the people in the house can say they are related and then they get away with the overcrowding. Word has gotten out that it is easy to scam the inspectors. The result of this nonsense is that lots of people have moved out to get away from all of this. I knew 2 women who owned their own homes and lived alone. The became afraid being surrounded by flophouses---for good reason. All the illegals loitering outside the flophouses would watch these women coming and going plus harass them with catcalls.

The elementary school our daughter attended that was once a good school, now can't even get full accreditation from the state---and that makes me sad.

Of course reps and senators are clueless because this doesn't happen in their neighborhoods so they are oblivious. It's funny how those who have never had to live with illegals accuse those of us who do and tell us we are liars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or