U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 04:01 PM

11,573 posts, read 5,543,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamtam13 View Post
You are obviously NOT a christian.

God calls us above any nation or set of laws.
You cannot serve two masters.
YOu must choose.
Obviously you choose the secular.
All Americans except Native Americans are immigrants.
You are decended from Immigrants.
The main growth in the U.S. is and will come from Immigration.
Deal with it. It is the reality we live in. We are the melting pot and it has made us strong.

We will not close the borders...that is just stupid and so are these remarks.Many people come her to escape opression.
LOL!

I certainly am a Christian. BTW, did you listen to and watch the YouTube video of Father Bascio? Not only is he a Christian but he is a retired priest.

Guess what? Jesus told his followers to obey the laws of the land and to render unto Caesar that which is his. Illegals don't obey the laws of the land and have not rendered unto us that which is ours.

I guess, despite calling yourself a Christian, you have no problems siding with illegal aliens who routinely break the 10 commandments

I see you think that American Indians just sprouted up from the ground? Wrong! Even American Indians' ancestors are, by your standards, "immigrants" having come here from Asia. Not only that but some believe that the Solutreans may have been here first. So even they are "descended from immigrants".

Why do we need more growth in this country? We are running out of potable water and buildable land. There are not enough jobs to go around. We've lost untold acres of farmland to housing developments. Our infrastructure is crumbling and there isn't the money to properly repair it, let alone add to it.

People who come here to escape oppression have a pathway to legally do so. They have no right to thumb their noses at our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 04:29 PM

31,816 posts, read 14,654,154 times
Quote:

YOu must choose.
Deal with it. It is the reality we live in. We are the melting pot and it has made us strong.

We will not close the borders...that is just stupid and so are these remarks.Many people come her to escape opression.
Obviously, illegal aliens aren't Christians because they break several of the Ten Commandments by coming here and have no remorse. God didn't teach humans to stomp on other's rights just for one's own selfish gain. Illegals are guilty of that also.

Wrong! Anyone born on this soil is a citizen they aren't an immigrant unless you call exiting their mother's womb immigration. Yes, we are all the descendants of immigrants and so are the so-called Native Americans. Their ancestors came here from somewhere else also. We don't need any growth from illegal immigration. Legal immigration is ok when we need growth. So it is you who might consider dealing with it as we have immigration laws and that's not going to change. WTH has the melting pot to do with illegal immigration? Who is suggesting we close the borders? We allow in one million legal immigrants a year. Those here illegally are not escaping oppression otherwise they would come as refugees seeking asylum. They are coming here to steal jobs and benefits from Americans for their own selfish gain or don't Americans have a right ot feed their own families?

Old 02-18-2015, 04:56 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,318,310 times
Quote:

YOu must choose.

Just stop it, please. Try saying THAT in Mexico and; se what happens, especially if you're an illegal alien there.

Too; the Americans Indians started out in Asia and, they came at different times so maybe MOST of them should go back "home"?

Understanding Genetics

Old 02-18-2015, 10:59 PM

10,830 posts, read 3,822,424 times
We are actually a nation of settlers, mostly from England, with subsequent waves of LEGAL immigration during the nineteenth century and early twentieth century.

I happen to be descended from English settlers, not immigrants. I would guess about 75 million Americans could say the same.

We also have descendents of former slaves, of Native Americans, and of legal immigrants.

There has never been any justification for illegal immigration. And those who claim that the settlers immigrated illegally are wrong. There was no country here to immigrate to, legally or otherwise.

If we need more immigrants, we can get them through a legal process.

The only thing "broken" about our immigration system is our failure to enforce our own laws.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:42 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,318,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We are actually a nation of settlers, mostly from England, with subsequent waves of LEGAL immigration during the nineteenth century and early twentieth century.

I happen to be descended from English settlers, not immigrants. I would guess about 75 million Americans could say the same.

We also have descendents of former slaves, of Native Americans, and of legal immigrants.

There has never been any justification for illegal immigration. And those who claim that the settlers immigrated illegally are wrong. There was no country here to immigrate to, legally or otherwise.

If we need more immigrants, we can get them through a legal process.

The only thing "broken" about our immigration system is our failure to enforce our own laws.
Agreed tho the American Indians also were settlers way back in the day.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:34 AM

10,830 posts, read 3,822,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho the American Indians also were settlers way back in the day.
Good point!

Old 02-21-2015, 12:45 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,178,697 times
Quote:

YOu must choose.

So you are saying Jesus was wrong when he said "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, render unto God, what is God's"

Old 02-21-2015, 03:01 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,635,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The Roman Catholic bishop of Tucson, Arizona, Gerald Kicanas, warned lawmakers in Washington, D.C., to change their tone when discussing immigration or risk losing the support of millions of Catholic faithful.

“I must say up front that the U.S. bishops continue to be concerned with the tone on Capitol Hill toward immigrants

Bishop of Tucson to U.S. Congress: 'No person is illegal in the eyes of God' | Fox News Latino

I'm beside myself with this fool. I was raised "Catholic" and, this kind of talk WILL drive me further from the church.
My Pastor in Holy spirit in Tempe was speaking this kind of Politics during a Sunday Mass. I would of walked out but my wife had a firm hand on my arm. This was during AZ Landmark Bill AZ1070,that Gov. Brewer signed. AZ1070 should be should be the model for the rest of the country.

As I recall Holder and the President sued Arizona and Liberal Judges wanted to make it unconstitutional .
The funny /sad thing about this is 1070 did not add to Federal Law, it enhance Federal law by including local and State Law Enforcement.
Illegal Immigration is big just ask any whom lives in a boarder state!

Old 02-21-2015, 03:15 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,635,560 times
Quote:

YOu must choose.

The problem is even Jesus told the early Christians they must pay taxes and obey Roman Law.
We serve the Lord, but we live in a world of man.

Yes we are a land or Immigrants, but the biggest difference is in the day mass immigration was needed and wanted to populate to west.
Whom do think was recruited in the Civil War? the Union guarantee those Irish Immigrants citizenship to join the Union Army.

Modern time it is more difficult and the world wants to come to America instead of celebrating their own country. We do not need more labors like we did and at least in the days of Ellis Island there was a process in place.

Now there is for labor like in the Hotel Business and Food Service fields. Work Permits should be more readily available, but all must go thru the screening of back ground and application. Once at a employer HR must notify HLS if that Immigrant leaves the job or gets released from employment for any reason.

But Illegals do not wish to follow any US Law and that is where the problem lies.:sm ack::sma ck:

Old 02-21-2015, 04:37 PM

890 posts, read 442,932 times
simple. absolutely 0 government benefits the catholic church will support them 100% even if that person isn't catholic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or