Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 08:19 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,802,549 times

Advertisements

Tell 'em to stuff it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 08:21 AM

62,739 posts, read 28,944,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Deport with Passion and back charge these SA countries for our trouble. The problem is the SA is un willing to create a country modeled after the US.
Yes that means making a standard of living and a place that people is willing to stay.

No papers, No Visa, No work permit. Sent home in 3 days.
Unfortunately, what happens instead is that they are released back into our society with a date for a future hearing. They disappear and don't show up for it. Even if they are detained they lanquish in our jails for far too long. I think we should have harsher rules for those even "suspected" of being in our country illegally. As you said, if they can't prove within a few days that they have a right to be in this country then send them packing. In other words, swift justice.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:43 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,867,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Now, you may be more well traveled than I am, as I have not visited Poland, and have not visited many Latin American countries, although I've been to Mexico. So I don't know which countries have had it worse than others historically, really. But as to countries "fixing" themselves, that sort of thing is needed right here, right now in the USA, and not just with respect to immigration. In fact, I would say, immigration is as it is so that we can't "fix" ourselves.
No, I've never been to Europe. I just read about it and talk to people who are from there.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:06 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,742,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Exactly.

I don't care how they feel about our immigration laws.

TOUGH.
ditto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration