U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 07:38 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,308,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
You can natter all you want about illegals this and illegals that and how the situation shouldn't exist, but it does, and if you are a citizen of the US, your citizenship is being degraded out of all existence (except as a unit of taxation, in which case, YOU are paying for your own colonization, get that as a FACT!). The situation exists because Washington, the occupation government, wants it that way. And that includes "your" representatives in Congress. YOU are not being represented or listened too, but your colonizers are. That's what happens when you are a conquered people. You get spied on, and you have to pay tribute. That's history.

Although maybe, to some degree, Obama is wiping his brow with relief right now, that a judge stepped forward and stayed his hand. Oh, he may blather about appealing, but it wouldn't surprise me if the "appeal" was sort of half-hearted. The judge provides a good lightning rod for all the loud-mouth schnooks. Obama's off the hook, his hands have now been "legally" tied.

What a game!
I'd agree but; attitudes are going AGAINST la raza and, IMHO it's a matter of time when Mexico as well as every other country's illegal aliens here in US will need to go back home. If it takes force, oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 08:32 PM

8,088 posts, read 7,331,180 times
No one wants to initiate the roundup because of the the monies required to be invested, and the human drama to be presented by the Press making the Administration look cold-hearted.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:18 AM

11,435 posts, read 15,963,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Hanen's ruling left in disarray U.S. policy toward the roughly 11 million people in the country illegally. Obama said on Tuesday he disagreed with the ruling and expected his administration to prevail in the courts.

Texas judge's immigration rebuke may be hard to challenge

Maybe illegal aliens will get the hint and LEAVE the US? Face it: illegals; your kind ain't welcome here in 2015.
The media has made a mockery of This judge. He is a FEDERAL JUDGE, who happens to represent a Texas district. They want every reader to believe that he's some of kind of renegade vigilante judge from Texas. I'm resent that portrayal of him.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:29 AM

31,716 posts, read 14,631,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
No one wants to initiate the roundup because of the the monies required to be invested, and the human drama to be presented by the Press making the Administration look cold-hearted.
No one is contemplating "rounding them up" but why should it be viewed as cold hearted to enforce our immigration laws anyway? Just who would it look cold hearted to and why should we care? As for the monies required to do so even Homeland Security said it would be cheaper to deport them than to allow them to remain here.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:08 AM

I guess it depends on what you consider a roundup. Finding an estimated 13million people who may not want to leave fits my estimation of a roundup. It would be viewed as cold-hearted because that is the angle the Press would use. The Press would focus on little kids, infants, pregnant women, illegals who came as babies, the elderly and infirm, diabetics, etc. Anything to wring some drama out of the deportation process. It would appeal to the left of center part of our population and be political capital to those aspiring to remove incubents in office who voted for the measure.

Well that is interesting information regarding DHS. Surprised that is not in the Press more often.

Last edited by Felix C; 02-23-2015 at 08:38 AM..

Old 02-23-2015, 08:26 AM

3,535 posts, read 2,176,030 times
Identify, locate, detain, and expel as many al-quida members who happen to be in the employ of ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX and have a press conference before the evening news.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I guess it depends on what you consider a roundup. Finding an estimated 13million people who may not want to leave fits my estimation of a roundup. It would be viewed as cold-hearted because that is the angle the Press would use. The Press would focus on little kids, infants, pregnant women, illegals who came as babies, the elderly and infirm, diabetics, etc. Anything to wring some drama out of the deportation process. It would appeal to the left of center part of our population and be political capital to those aspiring to remove incubents in office who voted for the measure.

Well that is interesting information regarding DHS. Surprised that is not in the Press more often.
Again, who is hunting down 13 million people? Even when some are found Obama has disallowed Homeland Security to deport them unless they are convicted criminals. You are painting a scenario that doesn't exist and that no one is talking about doing on either side of the aisle. Don't care what the press thinks. Anyone in their right mind would have no problem with illegal aliens being deported when found. It would have the support of members of both parties in congress. Maybe more so from the GOP but what makes you think that they'd be voted out of office for voting for enforcing our immigration laws? Those who don't want to see this happen are mostly Democrats already so it doesn't change a thing.

Removing the incentives for them to remain here is the solution that most who oppose illegal immigration have in mind not "rounding them up". I get tired of hearing this same old nonsense that no one is even talking about.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:24 AM

Incentives? You mean Gov't assistance? That would not stop those I know who do not use Gov't assistance. Federal judge has already ruled some time ago they cannot be denied certain benefits.

You can get as tired as you want but because you do not care what the Press thinks does not mean it will not happen. In fact, it happened where I live in Miami in a recent case with two teenage illegal Colombian sisters. They received a special dispensation due to it. Plenty of political pandering in that episode. One went to Harvard.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:31 AM

25,352 posts, read 37,543,331 times
John Kerry actually gave the green light to the UN for sending more people from Syria, Iraqi, etc. on asylum to the USA without clearly being able to know what the thought process is of these people and who they really are, making US citizens more in danger.

Last week an Iraqi person on asylum in the US went on a one way ticket to Syria but was stopped at the airport due to not having a good explanation why he was traveling there. So now we get to keep him here and once he gets out o prison what then?

With the borders not secured every day more illegals are getting in and for sure there are not that many people who just come here with good intentions so every day it is getting worse.

First close the border and then find a solution.

Parents with young kids regardless of being born here can go back together until the kids reach 21 and can get their parents legally in the US and until then they can sit out their time abroad for breaking the law and just as anyone else not allowed in for at least a decade.

Shouldn't legal aliens be treated better and their process be much faster then first helping people broke the law?

Old 02-23-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Incentives? You mean Gov't assistance? That would not stop those I know who do not use Gov't assistance. Federal judge has already ruled some time ago they cannot be denied certain benefits.

You can get as tired as you want but because you do not care what the Press thinks does not mean it will not happen. In fact, it happened where I live in Miami in a recent case with two teenage illegal Colombian sisters. They received a special dispensation due to it. Plenty of political pandering in that episode. One went to Harvard.
Jobs, and ending birthright citizenship for their kids are the things that bring them here. That is how they get government assistance thru them.

You might want to go back and read what I actually said. I said that there is no plan to "round them up" as you are claiming so just what would the press be talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration