Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 06:18 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Those appear to be Federal charges and arrests made by Feds not Maricopa Sherrif which is what you referred to above in response to my posts.
OK, But Maricopa made the bust and the State AG turned over to the Feds. But you are right.

There was anther Food change that had various location in Glendale and Phoenix that many were arrested and the owners investigated thoroughly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 07:27 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Look at how you wrote your post and you see why I wrote what I wrote.

I also never alluded to knowing all and in fact never contested when you posted a contrasting view which demonstrates I realize that very basic aspect.

If you are defensive you need to cool down and admit you made an error in your posting and we can continue the discussion. Otherwise, forget it about any more communication.

I wasn't making an assumption about the number of illegals businesses hire in my original posting. But I did make the assumption that readers would understand that, since to me it's common sense, so it didn't need to be clarified. I see that you want me to admit to an error that I don't agree with or you won't reply. That's your choice. It's not my concern if you choose to reply or not.

I look at illegal immigration as a complicated problem that can't be fixed 100% by doing any one thing. E-verify won't stop every employees who hires illegals. But it will stop some, so it is a worth while tool. Same as border security or other measures.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:39 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I wasn't making an assumption about the number of illegals businesses hire in my original posting. But I did make the assumption that readers would understand that, since to me it's common sense, so it didn't need to be clarified. I see that you want me to admit to an error that I don't agree with or you won't reply. That's your choice. It's not my concern if you choose to reply or not.

I look at illegal immigration as a complicated problem that can't be fixed 100% by doing any one thing. E-verify won't stop every employees who hires illegals. But it will stop some, so it is a worth while tool. Same as border security or other measures.
But if the employer doesaI9 form and E-verify the employer has full filled his Obligation to the law and that person who slipped by is filling false legal doc.s

Old 02-28-2015, 07:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:

ANYTHING "legal" to make harder for illegal aliens I'm def Ok with. It goes without saying kicking out ALL illegal aliens ain't gonna happen. But if 90 percent left the US and the 10 percent left laid real low, that would help a LOT.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:59 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Jobs, and ending birthright citizenship for their kids are the things that bring them here. That is how they get government assistance thru them.

You might want to go back and read what I actually said. I said that there is no plan to "round them up" as you are claiming so just what would the press be talking about?
Yes you are correct, start arresting, fining and jailing their criminal employers and seize their assets through forfeiture laws used against those engaged in criminal activities ( like they do with drug dealers).

End birthright citizenship and you will starve the illegals out and they will leave on their own.

BTW they are NOT hiding when they are out protesting and cashing welfare checks for their Anchor babies are they?

NO sympathies, they brought this on themselves..Once you slam their criminal employers, traitorous Libs do not have the funds to support these criminals.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
ANYTHING "legal" to make harder for illegal aliens I'm def Ok with. It goes without saying kicking out ALL illegal aliens ain't gonna happen. But if 90 percent left the US and the 10 percent left laid real low, that would help a LOT.
Yeah, 100% solutions don't exist in the real world and efforts to reach perfect solutions are too inefficient. Usually when you get to the point of 80% of solving a problem, it gets too difficult or expensive to solve the remaining 20%. That's why when you have a big problem to solve, you just try solutions to knock out big chunks of the problem, until you come to the point that you are investing too much to solve the remaining 20%. You shouldn't worry about the exceptions or that a solution isn't perfect, because if you do, nothing will happen.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Yeah, 100% solutions don't exist in the real world and efforts to reach perfect solutions are too inefficient. Usually when you get to the point of 80% of solving a problem, it gets too difficult or expensive to solve the remaining 20%. That's why when you have a big problem to solve, you just try solutions to knock out big chunks of the problem, until you come to the point that you are investing too much to solve the remaining 20%. You shouldn't worry about the exceptions or that a solution isn't perfect, because if you do, nothing will happen.
Agreed. The 10 to 20 percent left WILL shut up and kiss some serious butt or else. lol

Old 03-03-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. The 10 to 20 percent left WILL shut up and kiss some serious butt or else. lol

Yeah, I suppose you could look at it that way. The remaining people here who are illegal aliens, will be the most desperate. To me, that's fine. They won't exactly kiss butt, but then as we have it now with the friendly environment, they won't be boldly demanding rights, as if we aren't a sovereign nation that decides who will or will not immigrate.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose you could look at it that way. The remaining people here who are illegal aliens, will be the most desperate. To me, that's fine. They won't exactly kiss butt, but then as we have it now with the friendly environment, they won't be boldly demanding rights, as if we aren't a sovereign nation that decides who will or will not immigrate.
"Kiss butt" like as in NOT complaining when they've been ripped off and so on. IMHO once even the 10 percent hard heads have been burned with NO way of fighting back; most will leave the US, especially if LE can arrest a person for just being here illegally.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:58 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I believe the path to citizenship is supposed to be for the parents of illegals who had children here who are US citizens. The US cannot just deport all these parents and leave thousands of minor children unattended. The loophole is that anyone born in this country is a citizen and this is currently the law. The Chinese are exploiting this now by pregnant women flying over and having their babies in the US- then they fly back to China. The kids are now US citizens.

I believe Obama would be very happy if Congress actually passed some reforms- the Republicans stymied Congress on this issue continuously.

Seems to me that parents should never benefit from unlawful behavior, so yes, deport the parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration