U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2015, 07:36 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

Hanen's ruling left in disarray U.S. policy toward the roughly 11 million people in the country illegally. Obama said on Tuesday he disagreed with the ruling and expected his administration to prevail in the courts.

Texas judge's immigration rebuke may be hard to challenge

Maybe illegal aliens will get the hint and LEAVE the US? Face it: illegals; your kind ain't welcome here in 2015.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-18-2015, 07:47 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,105 posts, read 15,661,943 times
Reputation: 8788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Hanen's ruling left in disarray U.S. policy toward the roughly 11 million people in the country illegally. Obama said on Tuesday he disagreed with the ruling and expected his administration to prevail in the courts.

Texas judge's immigration rebuke may be hard to challenge

Maybe illegal aliens will get the hint and LEAVE the US? Face it: illegals; your kind ain't welcome here in 2015.
Well, of course he disagrees, he's an outlaw president, with no regard for the law or the Constitution.

Judge Andrew Napolitano said he expects the 5th circuit will uphold the ruling. That will mean Obama's amnesty is dead. I think this is a good thing, because it means Congress does not have to waste time fighting that battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
2,810 posts, read 2,805,108 times
Reputation: 1944
This would be great news ! I hope the courts uphold Judge Hanen's ruling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 10:39 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,946 posts, read 21,936,951 times
Reputation: 6537
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, of course he disagrees, he's an outlaw president, with no regard for the law or the Constitution.

Judge Andrew Napolitano said he expects the 5th circuit will uphold the ruling. That will mean Obama's amnesty is dead. I think this is a good thing, because it means Congress does not have to waste time fighting that battle.
And yet Congress continues to fight it anyway.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 11:13 AM
 
25,341 posts, read 37,480,980 times
Reputation: 13261
Something needs to be done but if you have a leaking faucet you first will determine were the leak is instead of just putting a band aid on it and having the water still getting out.

As a legal immigrant I went through the system and know how difficult it is to stay here and the cost we had to pay and how many background test, papers we had to fill out, screenings including medicals, etc. We also had to travel out of the country every few years to be in compliance while illegals just come in, we have no clue who they are or who they claim to be and they get awarded while others have such a hard time and scramble to pay for everything since not all legal aliens are rich. They come here and work hard to be in compliance so it is a slap in the face of legal the way this all has been handled.

First close off the border and have the illegals do the same, screen, have them proven who they are, pay all the fines, fees and the same amount of time as legal aliens had to deal with which is usually between 10-15 years to get a green card.

On top of that put them behind all legal aliens since legal aliens didn't break the law. But it will be a difficult fight since Obama's aunt was illegally here and I believe she already was granted to stay and even stayed at the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 03:18 PM
 
4,507 posts, read 4,362,049 times
Reputation: 3245
Let's not forget that Bush the Second didn't do jack squat about the problem, either. Don't expect the republicants to do anything about the issue except fiddle with themselves. They're just as bad, if not worse. If we have a bush the third (ugh) a shamnasty will be rammed through. And I do mean rammed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 03:34 PM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Let's not forget that Bush the Second didn't do jack squat about the problem, either. Don't expect the republicants to do anything about the issue except fiddle with themselves. They're just as bad, if not worse. If we have a bush the third (ugh) a shamnasty will be rammed through. And I do mean rammed.
At least Bush didn't give a stay of deportation to millions of illegal aliens with work permits with 23 million Americans out of work. I'd like to see that crystal ball you've got because there is no way that the GOP would do that. Proof of that is that they already got a judge on their side on this issue that is at least temporarily stopping Obama. The next court that will hear it is also a conservative one. As for Jeb Bush we already know he is an amnesty advocate and that's why he won't win if he runs. There are a lot more anti-amnesty people in the GOP than there are pro's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Rhode Island
6,296 posts, read 10,466,630 times
Reputation: 6060
I believe the path to citizenship is supposed to be for the parents of illegals who had children here who are US citizens. The US cannot just deport all these parents and leave thousands of minor children unattended. The loophole is that anyone born in this country is a citizen and this is currently the law. The Chinese are exploiting this now by pregnant women flying over and having their babies in the US- then they fly back to China. The kids are now US citizens.

I believe Obama would be very happy if Congress actually passed some reforms- the Republicans stymied Congress on this issue continuously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 03:45 PM
 
11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Reputation: 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I believe the path to citizenship is supposed to be for the parents of illegals who had children here who are US citizens. The US cannot just deport all these parents and leave thousands of minor children unattended. The loophole is that anyone born in this country is a citizen and this is currently the law. The Chinese are exploiting this now by pregnant women flying over and having their babies in the US- then they fly back to China. The kids are now US citizens.

I believe Obama would be very happy if Congress actually passed some reforms- the Republicans stymied Congress on this issue continuously.
They certainly can (and have in the past) deported those parents. Besides, if they get deported, no one is stopping them from taking their anchor babies with them. In fact, that's what any decent parent would do. Those who would abandon their kids, are horrible parents.

Yes, we have to stop the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco. Neither party will take the initiative on this and I wonder why. What advantages are there for this country to allow this nonsense to continue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 03:50 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And yet Congress continues to fight it anyway.

Ken
Till illegal aliens are GONE out if the US; the Feds def need to step up and take care of business, even if it means pissing off Obama and la raza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top