Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:57 AM

608 posts, read 1,004,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Crunching numbers to look good on a peice of paper won't feed an American... Giving him his stolen job back, and decent wage will... so crunch away... anyone can make numbers look good on paper... But still won't bring the American his job back!
Protectionism doesn't bring jobs back either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 11:02 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,341,525 times
No matter how much you try to teach these Pro-illegal lovers.. they'll just never get it.. Americans are just suppose to bend over.. if these pro lovers have anything to do with it!

Old 01-12-2008, 11:04 AM

608 posts, read 1,004,657 times
Quote:
No matter how much you try to teach these Pro-illegal lovers.. they'll just never get it.. Americans are just suppose to bend over.. if these pro lovers have anything to do with it!
You assume greatly. Whoever said I was a pro-lover?

Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,341,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post

if you are not pro-illegal.. then why is it you got your head stuck up the illegals ....
We know.. yer on the fence.. but with all of your constant bantering.. you must feel it's ok for a criminal to sneak across... in every post you reply on.. it's against someone who is against illegals... so what the h##l do you think anyone on here is going to consider.. what a joke!

Old 01-12-2008, 11:43 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Protectionism doesn't bring jobs back either.
And; how does protectionism apply in this instance?

We are dealing with people who are here illegally in the USA competing with US citizens.

If anything: I would have much less heartburn using Mexico here as an example; the people living there in Mexico, making product and selling it here in the USA.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:47 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,646 times
Quote:
if you are not pro-illegal.. then why is it you got your head stuck up the illegals ....
We know.. yer on the fence.. but with all of your constant bantering.. you must feel it's ok for a criminal to sneak across... in every post you reply on.. it's against someone who is against illegals... so what the h##l do you think anyone on here is going to consider.. what a joke!
This tactic has been used before. Claiming to be 'on the fence' absolves the poster from any responsibility to ever provide facts in support of their position. They do not need to provide data that backs up their position because they do not have one.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:44 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,769,979 times
Quote:
Your words seem to support that you are.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:46 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,907,540 times
Quote:
I would assume by your posts that you are pro illegal immigration. That's just my take, but if you care to dispute that opinion feel free.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:07 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Not necessarily true, I have an uncle who applied. Got his papers within a year.
The reason citizenship is on a long hold as experts say is due to the large population of illegal immigration.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:11 PM

751 posts, read 1,177,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
The reason citizenship is on a long hold as experts say is due to the large population of illegal immigration.
Actually, this is not entirely true. Most Green Card and citizenship applications are on hold because of the backlogged FBI background checks that were not required prior to 9/11.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration