Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,334,853 times

Advertisements

If it was NOT a concern, it wouldn't even be talked about in the mainstream media, and it would NOT be talked about in the presidential campaign.

There has been AMAZING progress on this issue over the last 10 years, when it was not mentioned at all before! If you have been following the issue for 10 years or more like I have, you see a HUGE difference in interest.

And, the illegals did themselves much harm by their marching in the streets with Mexican flags and shouting for their "rights" which they don't even have. That woke up a lot of people, so interest is obviously even higher now than it was a year ago.

I don't think I know one person who is FOR illegal immigration, and I live in Massachusetts! 46 states have come up with legislation to stop illegal immigration, since the feds will do nothing. Now, THAT is interest all over the country.

You have to just look at what's happening, and what was not happening in the past. It's very, very encouraging. People are fed up, and are finally speaking out - we even squashed the "shamnesty" bill TWICE - that was the American people who did it! Who else do you think did it? A big pat on the back to those who faxed, e-mailed, called, wrote, gave the representatives hell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 07:53 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,505,584 times
As usual, the polls are skewed. How can immigration be considered a concern if the question is not posed? Many of the MSM polls, including one I saw this morning on CNN asked (I’m paraphrasing) “What is most important to you?” The options were similar to this: 1) Economy 2) Healthcare 3) War in Iraq 4) Education. The highest percentage answered economy. On the basis of this particular poll, the headline reads: “Americans are most concerned with the state of the economy.” Similar questions have been asked when conducting exit polls.

This is the tactic routinely used to misrepresent the will of the people, and to support agendas. Had immigration been included in the list of options, the results would have been quite different. The exclusion of immigration is calculated and deceptive.

BTW, the seats won by Dems in the last election were attributed to the dissatisfaction of voters concerning the war in Iraq. The voters erroneously thought the Dems would end the war. As a life-long Democrat, I am thoroughly disgusted with my so-called representatives; which is the primary reason I changed my party affiliation to Independent. An unprecedented number of voters have changed to Independent due to illegal immigration. Americans are indeed fed up with this invasion.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:05 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,727,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As usual, the polls are skewed. How can immigration be considered a concern if the question is not posed? Many of the MSM polls, including one I saw this morning on CNN asked (I’m paraphrasing) “What is most important to you?” The options were similar to this: 1) Economy 2) Healthcare 3) War in Iraq 4) Education. The highest percentage answered economy. On the basis of this particular poll, the headline reads: “Americans are most concerned with the state of the economy.” Similar questions have been asked when conducting exit polls.

This is the tactic routinely used to misrepresent the will of the people, and to support agendas. Had immigration been included in the list of options, the results would have been quite different. The exclusion of immigration is calculated and deceptive.

BTW, the seats won by Dems in the last election were attributed to the dissatisfaction of voters concerning the war in Iraq. The voters erroneously thought the Dems would end the war. As a life-long Democrat, I am thoroughly disgusted with my so-called representatives; which is the primary reason I changed my party affiliation to Independent. An unprecedented number of voters have changed to Independent due to illegal immigration. Americans are indeed fed up with this invasion.
Not true, again why isn't somebody like duncan hunter and tom tancredo so popular with the voters? Illegal immigration is a concern BUT it's not as big as iraq, economy, healthcare etc.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:12 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,333,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Not true, again why isn't somebody like duncan hunter and tom tancredo so popular with the voters? Illegal immigration is a concern BUT it's not as big as iraq, economy, healthcare etc.

economy.. get rid of the illegals = jobs for legal ones.. better economy
healthcare.. get rid of the illegals = a much less burden on healthcare.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:22 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,334,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
economy.. get rid of the illegals = jobs for legal ones.. better economy
healthcare.. get rid of the illegals = a much less burden on healthcare.
education - get rid of the illegals = less burden on taxpayers for the schools, and better schooling for our own kids, without bilingual education that WE pay for

Old 01-11-2008, 08:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,505,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Tancredo was never in the race to win. His primary objective was to expose the scourge of the illegal alien invasion; which he did. That, coupled with the brazen illegal alien marches and demands, has indeed struck a chord among American voters. If you believe we aren't fed up, just wait and see what transpires during the next election. The MSM ‘promote’ those who will further their agenda.

Have you ever heard of the “silent majority?”

Old 01-11-2008, 08:50 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,727,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Tancredo was never in the race to win. His primary objective was to expose the scourge of the illegal alien invasion; which he did. That, coupled with the brazen illegal alien marches and demands, has indeed struck a chord among American voters. If you believe we aren't fed up, just wait and see what transpires during the next election. The MSM ‘promote’ those who will further their agenda.

Have you ever heard of the “silent majority?”
Ahh the silent majority LOL. Guess we just have to wait and see in the upcoming election.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:58 AM

751 posts, read 1,169,795 times
National polls show McCain leading among Republicans nationally and Obama with a slight lead over Hillary Clinton. As far as I know, McCain and Obama have the most liberal immigration agendas out of all the other candidates.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:03 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,502,256 times
Have you ever heard of any left wing loons lying to get their way? What a shock that would be :-)

Old 01-11-2008, 09:04 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,628,631 times
media polls are such a crock!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration