Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 10:27 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,251,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
No one is "illegal." This is just more of the hatred the right likes to drum up against the poor and marginalized while the rich and powerful do the real damage to our economic system -- both by skipping out on taxes, taking massive government subsidies, and moving jobs overseas.

We should be standing in solidarity with those who are trying to make a better life for themselves, against those who try to divide us.

If no one is illegal, and we should have truly open borders, why not just fire the border guards and customs agents in the airports?

If people want to come and make a better life for themselves, just open the door. Why make people sneak across or through?

Old 03-07-2015, 10:38 AM

62,846 posts, read 29,085,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
If no one is illegal, and we should have truly open borders, why not just fire the border guards and customs agents in the airports?

If people want to come and make a better life for themselves, just open the door. Why make people sneak across or through?
That's probably what the poster wants.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:08 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,890,344 times
Quote:
No one is "illegal." This is just more of the hatred the right likes to drum up against the poor and marginalized while the rich and powerful do the real damage to our economic system -- both by skipping out on taxes, taking massive government subsidies, and moving jobs overseas.

We should be standing in solidarity with those who are trying to make a better life for themselves, against those who try to divide us.
NO country allows illegal aliens. Def NO reason for the US to even tolerate their lawbreaking kind to be here.

Too; those "poor and marginalized" are LOVED by dirty employers to force DOWN our wages, it's as if you hate most Americans with that kind of talk. Sheesh!

Old 03-07-2015, 11:13 AM

24,446 posts, read 17,187,452 times
The major problem with illegal immigration is the shear numbers of them. I don't have a problem with immigrants coming to America and truly wanting to improve themselves and the lives of their families. Immigrants are what helped to build this nation but our border has been turned into a non existant line in the sand by our president and the people are allowed to just walk right in.

The world is a scary place and there are many people who want ot do us harm and having an unsecured border allows them to just stroll right in carrying drugs and a possible dirty bomb. Who knows

I wished we lived in a kind world where everyone had enough to eat, a job to do and no inclination toward crime but this isn't STAR TREK. The poster who claimed that we are all illegal and suggested that we shouldn't have any borders needs to get real.

We have laws for a reason, they protect the population, they protect the nation.
I don't know when being an illegal alien in this country turned into "that is OK" here is some free stuff??

Old 03-07-2015, 12:12 PM

22,435 posts, read 11,961,913 times
Quote:

If anyone has "hatred" it is you. You have hatred for the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens. So many Americans have been displaced in the work force or have seen their wages depressed due to illegal immigration.

Speaking of "skipping out on taxes", illegals do that every single day. They get away with it by being paid under the table. Then there are those who use fake or stolen SSNs thus leaving the true owners of those SSNs in a world of hurt.

Did you know that, according to the law, it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it? The SSA won't tell you when this happens. You only find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing taxes for a job you never worked.

We don't owe illegals "a better life". What we owe them is deportation orders.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I've always found it curious that Gutierrez who is from Puerto Rican roots is so adamant about defending illegal aliens and amnesty that will benefit mostly Mexicans since they are the largest group by far here illegally. Just what are his motives and agenda?
When Gutierrez was a teen, his family moved from the Mainland to the mountains in Puerto Rico. The thing about living in the mountains is that you still find many people there who don't speak English plus they don't exactly welcome PRs who come to live there after living stateside.

So, Luisito was not accepted and not treated well. That left him with a hatred for all Puerto Ricans. I'm convinced that his love of illegal aliens is his way of getting revenge for how he got treated in the mountains.

He's an angry and bitter little man. I firmly believe that the reason he keeps getting re-elected is because corrupt Illinois democrat politics gerrymandered a district just for him. It appears that in this district, the majority of the voters have an IQ of a turnip. After all, they keep re-electing this traitor who has told them he is in congress to represent illegals. I feel sorry for the smart voters in his district.

Libs love to blame repubs for gerrymandering, when in reality, both parties do it. Take a look at Luisito's district. It's very clear that a lot of thought went into creating it so that corrupt politicians could get their way:

https://gutierrez.house.gov/our-district/map-district

Old 03-07-2015, 02:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,886,164 times
Yeah the redistricting was for a reason. Same thing when they push my district (formerly run by moderate Democrats and Republicans) into the next district which is leftist Democrat. The reason? So the congress person there would be able to control the airport they want to build him. Didn't work since he went to prison but his minion got his seat. But in response to the comment about illegals never having to work, sad but true. Many come here for the benefits and many work under the table so in fact we not only support them with welfare many lose jobs to them. There have been stories in the newspaper about all these poor illegals who struggle. Boo hoo can't support yourself? Please leave. Why should we have to pay for them and the kids?

Old 03-07-2015, 04:42 PM

62,846 posts, read 29,085,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
When Gutierrez was a teen, his family moved from the Mainland to the mountains in Puerto Rico. The thing about living in the mountains is that you still find many people there who don't speak English plus they don't exactly welcome PRs who come to live there after living stateside.

So, Luisito was not accepted and not treated well. That left him with a hatred for all Puerto Ricans. I'm convinced that his love of illegal aliens is his way of getting revenge for how he got treated in the mountains.

He's an angry and bitter little man. I firmly believe that the reason he keeps getting re-elected is because corrupt Illinois democrat politics gerrymandered a district just for him. It appears that in this district, the majority of the voters have an IQ of a turnip. After all, they keep re-electing this traitor who has told them he is in congress to represent illegals. I feel sorry for the smart voters in his district.

Libs love to blame repubs for gerrymandering, when in reality, both parties do it. Take a look at Luisito's district. It's very clear that a lot of thought went into creating it so that corrupt politicians could get their way:

https://gutierrez.house.gov/our-district/map-district
While I appreciate your passing along Gutierrez's early life in Puerto Rico and his resentment of not being accepted I don't see how defending illegal aliens on our soil whom are mostly from Mexico affects Puerto Rico. It is negatively impacting our country not Puerto Rico. Was he born in Mexico? I had thought the reason he defends them and pushes amnesty for them being about ethnic ties. In other words it being about a shared Hispanic culture at least linguistically anyway. He's definitely an anti-American traitor though anyway you look at it.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:24 PM

No, he was born in Chicago.

Since Puerto Ricans are American citizens, amnesty does impact them. As I've pointed out before, far too many Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals. Not to mention unskilled ones suffer as much as other Americans, as they, too, have been displaced or seen their wages depressed by illegals.

By throwing Puerto Ricans under the bus, he is punishing them along with other American citizens. He mainly wants to see PRs suffer, IMO, and if other Americans suffer, he doesn't care.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:36 PM

25,915 posts, read 22,070,795 times
Quote:

I am sorry, I don't stand in solidarity with criminals nor people who harbor 3rd world disease and pests, lie, steal, have babies to get on OUR welfare system, steal the education dollars from OUR students since so much more is spent to educate the children of illegals(anchor babies) and the illegal children

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If anyone has "hatred" it is you. You have hatred for the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens. So many Americans have been displaced in the work force or have seen their wages depressed due to illegal immigration.

Speaking of "skipping out on taxes", illegals do that every single day. They get away with it by being paid under the table. Then there are those who use fake or stolen SSNs thus leaving the true owners of those SSNs in a world of hurt.

Did you know that, according to the law, it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it? The SSA won't tell you when this happens. You only find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing taxes for a job you never worked.

We don't owe illegals "a better life". What we owe them is deportation orders.
The above post was just well worth repeating again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.