U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:32 AM

751 posts, read 845,764 times

Advertisements

As I have stated here, most Americans have very erroneous ideas and assumptions about immigration. The importance of this issue is often overblown and over-exaggerated. I have done a lot of independent research on the economical impact of immigration (Economists make no distinction between illegal or legal immigration) and the results could not be further from what most Americans believe. If anybody here is interested in educating themselves on the subject, I am posting a link to a study conducted by the CATO Institute. The CATO Institute is by no means a "liberal" organization. The Cato Institute is a think tank based in Washington, DC often seen as a standard-bearer of the U.S. conservative political agenda. This deals in particular with the fiscal impact of immigration reform. The findings prove everything I have posted here about the true economical impact of immigration and it also supports my theory that most Americans are not educated on the subject.

Free Trade Bulletin no. 30: The Fiscal Impact of Immigration Reform: The Real Story | Cato's Center for Trade Policy Studies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 10:45 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
As I have stated here, most Americans have very erroneous ideas and assumptions about immigration. The importance of this issue is often overblown and over-exaggerated. I have done a lot of independent research on the economical impact of immigration (Economists make no distinction between illegal or legal immigration) and the results could not be further from what most Americans believe. If anybody here is interested in educating themselves on the subject, I am posting a link to a study conducted by the CATO Institute. The CATO Institute is by no means a "liberal" organization. The Cato Institute is a think tank based in Washington, DC often seen as a standard-bearer of the U.S. conservative political agenda. This deals in particular with the fiscal impact of immigration reform. The findings prove everything I have posted here about the true economical impact of immigration and it also supports my theory that most Americans are not educated on the subject.

Free Trade Bulletin no. 30: The Fiscal Impact of Immigration Reform: The Real Story | Cato's Center for Trade Policy Studies

You STILL mix-up.. immigration.. Legal immigration, which has been on the books for years... with ILLEGAL immigration and AMNESTY immigration...
That's like saying there is NO difference between an apple and an orange because they both are a fruit aren't they... HUGE difference between the two.. no matter how you slice it! They can take thier little calculators and crunch the numbers to make look good on paper..
Paper doesn't feed Americans.. What may look good on Paper.. won't give the American back his job or bring back his decent wage.. Don't just look at what seems to look good a peice of paper.. I can crunch good numbers too.. ask the American people.. ASK the ones who post on here what they think about AMNESTY... they don't need a peice of paper to feed thier family.. they need that stolen job and wage BACK!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:52 AM

608 posts, read 881,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
You STILL mix-up.. immigration.. Legal immigration, which has been on the books for years... with ILLEGAL immigration and AMNESTY immigration...
That's like saying there is NO difference between an apple and an orange because they both are a fruit aren't they... HUGE difference between the two.. no matter how you slice it! They can take thier little calculators and crunch the numbers to make look good on paper..
Paper doesn't feed Americans.. What may look good on Paper.. won't give the American back his job or bring back his decent wage.. Don't just look at what seems to look good a peice of paper.. I can crunch good numbers too.. ask the American people.. ASK the ones who post on here what they think about AMNESTY... they don't need a peice of paper to feed thier family.. they need that stolen job and wage BACK!
No but "paper" money feeds us! Your Lou Dobbs post mentioned that the Federal Reserve sees the benefit of helping illegal immigrants to send money back to their home countries. Billions of dollars worth no doubt to consume products and services from US companies operating in their home countries. US companies who in turn hire US citizens and legal residents her in this country. Stop thinking inside the border.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:54 AM

14,224 posts, read 7,411,145 times
Millions of people demanding things from a foreign government and showing disrespect at the same time, it happened and it pissed the people off. Crunch those numbers. They're lucky it didn't start a war.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Millions of people demanding things from a foreign government and showing disrespect at the same time, it happened and it pissed the people off. Crunch those numbers. They're lucky it didn't start a war.
That is about principle not numbers.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:56 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,766 times
Tell yourself what ever you like. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that illegal aliens cause this country great harm in the way of economics and crime. No one with any common sense is going to buy the story that they don't.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Tell yourself what ever you like. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that illegal aliens cause this country great harm in the way of economics and crime. No one with any common sense is going to buy the story that they don't.
You are correct I don't buy it either. Now if only we would enforce our own laws consistently upon illegals as well as legals who break the law we would rid the country of crime. Simple and I am not a rocket scientist.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:11 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
As I have stated here, most Americans have very erroneous ideas and assumptions about immigration.
How about being honest for a change?

Please, would you answer these questions:

1) Do you understand the difference between LEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL immigration?
2) Will you ever make a distinction between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigration?

Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 AM

14,224 posts, read 7,411,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
How about being honest for a change?

Please, would you answer these questions:

1) Do you understand the difference between LEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL immigration?
2) Will you ever make a distinction between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigration?
Reasonable questions Greatday, now lets see how bub reacts to this situation.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:23 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Reasonable questions Greatday, now lets see how bub reacts to this situation.
you guys have to understand something.. I think Luke is a ummm.. lawyer.
I know, i know... so he can't help it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or