U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:42 PM

31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Ok, let's think this through. Here are the two scenarios:

- Illegals voluntarily returns to their homeland because of crackdown.
- Illegals stay here and risk getting caught... and gets send back to their homeland.

Notice something? The end result is the same!

So why wouldn't illegals just stay and take their chances? You are giving them no incentive by returning home on their own accord.

Bottom line: most illegals will just shrug it off. It's not like these people show any type of resilience by risking their lives to cross that border in the first place.....
No it wouldn't be because if they returned to their homelands with no means to support themselves here they would at least be able to work in their own countries but they wouldn't be able to here for the most part. Please re-read my prior post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 05:52 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,350,866 times
Quote:
Ok, let's think this through. Here are the two scenarios:

- Illegals voluntarily returns to their homeland because of crackdown.
- Illegals stay here and risk getting caught... and gets send back to their homeland.

Notice something? The end result is the same!

So why wouldn't illegals just stay and take their chances? You are giving them no incentive by returning home on their own accord.

Bottom line: most illegals will just shrug it off. It's not like these people show any type of resilience by risking their lives to cross that border in the first place.....
Think about it: if I was an illegal alien in Mexico and; knew if any cop who "contacted" me, demanded my alien card and I had no card, it'd be a trip to jail, I'd get OUT of Mexico real fast. Give the same powers to US cops and, see the illegals run off.

Too; no more birthright unless at least 1 parent was a US citizen would get rid of more. Make English ONLY the rule for food stamps, health care and so on; lots more illegals would leave, at least those who don't speak English.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:18 PM

9,140 posts, read 5,454,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There would be very few employers that would hire illegal aliens if e-verify was mandated in every workplace with stiff fines for non-compliance. The only ones who would hire them are maybe cheap Joe homeowner looking for day labor but I am sure that could be monitored somewhat also. At any rate there wouldn't be enough jobs available under that premise for the millions to remain here and it would be a deterrant for more to come. It also needs to be coupled with ending birthright citizenship for their kids so that they can't live off the welfare they could get thru them. Where there is a will there is a way. No one is suggesting that it would be 100% foolproof but taking both of the steps above would cut down illegal immigration a lot and that should be our goal.

I think one of traits of a liberal is the ability to recognize fantasy from miles away.

Quote:
For all this trouble, E-Verify fails even its intended purpose. According to Weststat, more than half of undocumented workers are cleared by the system. Even those the system does reject shouldn't be construed as a success, for rather than forcing all these workers out of the state, E-Verify simply forces them out of the formal economy and into the black market. Pennsylvania may actually lose as much tax revenue as proponents claim it will save in social services.

Why Everyone Should Fear E-Verify*|*David Bier

Old 03-16-2015, 06:25 PM

9,140 posts, read 5,454,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Think about it: if I was an illegal alien in Mexico and; knew if any cop who "contacted" me, demanded my alien card and I had no card, it'd be a trip to jail, I'd get OUT of Mexico real fast. Give the same powers to US cops and, see the illegals run off.

Too; no more birthright unless at least 1 parent was a US citizen would get rid of more. Make English ONLY the rule for food stamps, health care and so on; lots more illegals would leave, at least those who don't speak English.

If you live in a cardbox shack riddled with bullets with no running water in the USA. Risked your life and entered Mexico illegally. Found work and is paid more money than you make back home and at least have a bed and roof over your head now. Is potentially spending a few days in jail if you're caught really going to make you up and move back to the hellhole you came from?

Oh, by the way, it's documented that the people who were caught and send back to their home country pretty much pack their bags and cross the border again the very next day.

You're not really deporting anybody. You're just dropping them off at a far away location and make them take a trip back. Who knew a fraternity prank would one day become a conservative "solution."

Old 03-16-2015, 06:38 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,027,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terperoni View Post
I mean enforce the border and deport illegals. They will get my vote.
None, they will not upset the Hispanic vote. The Democrats will openly import them for votes. The Republicans will stall while grin f'ing their constituents but, they are not looking for more Democrat votes.

In the end, learn to appreciate Mexican food because there is no end in sight.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:50 PM

11,594 posts, read 5,563,799 times
Sigh---As I pointed out previously, E-verify needs tweaking to pick up fraud. Yet you come in with a quote which essentially says the exact same thing This is in response to post #13.

Bebop---Did you also notice that I mentioned that there are 8 million no-match SSNs in the work force? If they were weeded out, there is no way that the underground economy will provide jobs for them all.

Please tell us, what, exactly, are you have a problem understanding? You keep making excuses for illegals. The border needs securing. Dems promised that it would be secured when the 1986 amnesty was passed. They also promised that no illegals will ever find work. We were also promised that the '86 amnesty would be the only one ever. However, since then, there have been several stealth amnesties.

It's long past time to end this madness. You may feel sorry for illegals. If so, please move some into your own home.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
If you live in a cardbox shack riddled with bullets with no running water in the USA. Risked your life and entered Mexico illegally. Found work and is paid more money than you make back home and at least have a bed and roof over your head now. Is potentially spending a few days in jail if you're caught really going to make you up and move back to the hellhole you came from?

Oh, by the way, it's documented that the people who were caught and send back to their home country pretty much pack their bags and cross the border again the very next day.

You're not really deporting anybody. You're just dropping them off at a far away location and make them take a trip back. Who knew a fraternity prank would one day become a conservative "solution."
A few days in jail? From what I've heard about Mexican jails, I sure as hell would NOT risk it. Word is that Mexico treats ITS illegal aliens from Guatemala like dirt.

Too; the cartel thing in Mexico didn't get real bad till about 10 years ago, that's when we were being overrun by those lawbreakers. Hell, word is it that immigration from Mexico BY Mexicans is now almost "0" with about as many leaving or being deported as coming here. It's other "Hispanics" who are now the big problem like those "kids" from further down in LatAm last year.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
None, they will not upset the Hispanic vote. The Democrats will openly import them for votes. The Republicans will stall while grin f'ing their constituents but, they are not looking for more Democrat votes.

In the end, learn to appreciate Mexican food because there is no end in sight.
Things come and go in all countries. Jim Crow went away here but, it could come back tho directed towards Spanish speaking people, not English speaking US citizens. Something to think about. I'm going by history here.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I think one of traits of a liberal is the ability to recognize fantasy from miles away.

The fantasy is that they harbor the left wing propaganda and usually because they have a vested interest in keeping illegal aliens here.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:

Most illegal aliens didn't come from living in a cardboard shack riddled with bullets. Doesn't matter anyway. Stay and fix your own country and stop violating our immigration laws and stealing from Americans. It's illegal and immoral. Americans need to work, have a roof over their heads and support their families also. Or don't they count with these selfish people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or