U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 05:38 PM

9,066 posts, read 5,399,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Like many of us have said before: E verify, empower cops to arrest ANYbody here in the US illegally, make "sanctuary" cities illegal and so on. MOST illegals WILL leave.

Remember Arizona about 2007? Many of their kind left here with some going BACK home.

Illegal immigrants self deport as woes mount | Reuters

You can't promote a technology (E-Verify) as a solution when that technology is still being "tweaked" and not fully functional.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 05:42 PM

9,066 posts, read 5,399,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You're "too damn busy" to care about illegal immigration. Then you are a part of the problem.

Now, let it go. You've made it clear that you don't care to educate yourself when it comes to illegal immigration. Plus you dismiss out-of-hand groups like FAIR. I say thank Heavens we have groups like FAIR!

It's curious that someone who "don't care to educate yourself when it comes to illegal immigration" is the one who's correcting all the misinformation being presented here. What does say about you guys?

Old 03-17-2015, 05:58 PM

11,484 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's curious that someone who "don't care to educate yourself when it comes to illegal immigration" is the one who's correcting all the misinformation being presented here. What does say about you guys?
Ummm...but we are "correcting all the misinformation being presented here" by you. You just prefer to not take the time to educate yourself on this issue.

No need for you to respond. You've made your point and made it quite clear that you sympathize with illegals and don't want our laws enforced. Thanks for sharing! Buh-bye!

Old 03-17-2015, 08:34 PM

7,041 posts, read 5,068,185 times
Quote:
I wish that I knew the answer.

However, I do know who puts illegals ahead of Americans---all the democrats and on the republican side, Jeb Bush.
Yep. I would have a hard time voting for Jeb Bush and I don't vote for democrats (anymore), ever.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:52 PM

41,848 posts, read 31,705,675 times
Quote:
No one is talking about "massive deportation". What needs to be done is this ---make E-verify the law of the land and tweak it so that it picks up things like illegals who name their anchor babies after themselves and then use said child's SSN. Once E-verify is tweaked and is the law of the land, run everybody in the work force through it to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs. Do something to end the whole anchor baby/birth tourism baby fiasco. Make sure that illegals can't get any freebies. If illegals can't find work and the kids they birth here can't get citizenship, thus cashing in on freebies, then they will leave on their own accord. Why stay if they can't find work?
I am a HUGE advocate of e- Verfy.

Employment is the root cause of illegal immigration. No fence is high enough nore troops deep enough to deter the masses who seek and find employment.

Any state could mandate e- Verify for all workers, yet only 4 have done so.

Every current and former governor who aspires to the White House had opportunity to use their muscle to make eVerify the law on their state, yet not a single one did. Why is this?

We could pursue an amendment to the Constitiution to eliminate the rights of anchor babies going forward. It would not be possible to make this retroactive.

We could eliminate Medicaid prenatal and birth coverage for everyone ( currently almost 50% of all live births) to encourage responsible procreation.

Having said all this I do admire people who risk their lives to enter the U.S. illegally and do so seeking employment, not just handouts. Seems to me most work harder and longer for less money and no benefits. I would be willing to trade 5 million hard working illegals for 5 million good ole US Lazy Boys.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:57 PM

41,848 posts, read 31,705,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You can't promote a technology (E-Verify) as a solution when that technology is still being "tweaked" and not fully functional.

The technology exists for biometric ID. Make it the law of the land - create the business need and there will be a tech solution.

Roll it out on a state by state basis.

Done.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:06 PM

11,484 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Having said all this I do admire people who risk their lives to enter the U.S. illegally and do so seeking employment, not just handouts. Seems to me most work harder and longer for less money and no benefits. I would be willing to trade 5 million hard working illegals for 5 million good ole US Lazy Boys.
You were doing fine until you said this^. I'm hoping that it was in jest as you added a "smiley" at the end.

Not all illegals who are here are "hard working". For an example, google Ingmar Guandique.

As far as those who are "hard working"---no matter how "hard working" they are, they still have no business being here.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:57 PM

3,174 posts, read 1,347,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terperoni View Post
I mean enforce the border and deport illegals. They will get my vote.
You haven't figured it out yet?

No presidential candidate who gets anywhere NEAR the Whitehouse will enforce immigration laws. If U.S. policy over the past few decades hasn't taught you that... well I gotta wonder how you find your underwear in the morning.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:23 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am a HUGE advocate of e- Verfy.

Employment is the root cause of illegal immigration. No fence is high enough nore troops deep enough to deter the masses who seek and find employment.

Any state could mandate e- Verify for all workers, yet only 4 have done so.

Every current and former governor who aspires to the White House had opportunity to use their muscle to make eVerify the law on their state, yet not a single one did. Why is this?

We could pursue an amendment to the Constitiution to eliminate the rights of anchor babies going forward. It would not be possible to make this retroactive.

We could eliminate Medicaid prenatal and birth coverage for everyone ( currently almost 50% of all live births) to encourage responsible procreation.

Still throw OUT the illegal aliens. Agreed that some of "our own" are lazy slugs. Tho some of those lazy slugs come across as that way because they might have mental problems and WANT to work, NOT because they're straight up useless.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:51 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Amazing that someone would admire foreign lawbreakers and thieves while they create hardships for the rightful citizens of this country. Most Americans aren't lazy but that's all the pro-illegals have to justify illegal immigration into our country by making that false claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or