U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 01:41 PM

250 posts, read 142,249 times

Advertisements

By 2045 America will be a minority-majority country. This pandering to illegals and their backers will get worse each cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 06:51 PM

1,372 posts, read 761,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I was pretty much sold on Ted Cruz R, he's against amnesty, but, then he said "We need to improve and streamline our immigration policy." WTH? I went to his facebook page and told him ( not that I think it will do any good.)
Yeah, he is suspicious. I am so tired of hearing about "immigration reform" and "streamlining". I wish they would be talking about "the end of immigration" instead. Just give it a rest for 5-10 years and let us have a break, allow US citizens to have jobs again. Let some other country absorb all these "refugees" and "undocumented immigrants" for a change.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
News flash: liberals don't agree 100% with Obama. Now, did Obama presented a good permanent solution? Probably not. But there is NO good solutions. There is only the least bad ones and I think a strong case can be made that what Obama is doing, while not good, may actually be the best of several crappy options.

Effective border patrol.... is that even possible without bankrupting the nation? I think that's its own debate right there.

We ALL agree that they shouldn't be here. The difference in liberals vs conservatives is what to do about it. The thing is, mass deportation and self deportation don't work. The only permanent solution is for Mexico to become economically prosperous and lift its people out of extreme poverty. Anything else is not a good solution.
1. Fence, it worked perfectly for Israel.

2. Deportation works. Asking/begging/pleading people to stay out doesn't work with criminals who break the law

3. We should not be focusing on improving Mexico. We should be focusing on improving the lives of US CITIZENS and the USA. That is our number 1 priority, and it should remain that way. That is why we need to:

4. Crack down on businesses who hire non-US citizens illegally. If they get fined, raided, shut down, so be it, eventually the hiring practices will change and illegals will not have ANY INCENTIVE to come here because they won't be able to work here!

Problem solved.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:55 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
So Which Presidential Candidate Will Enforce Illegal Immigration Laws?

None will.

The Democrats will not because they need the support/votes from the groups that "pep-rally" for the illegals.

The Republicans pretend that they want illegal immigration stopped by flexing their muscles to pacify their voters but the GOP won't dare do anything about it. Both Bushes were president for 12 years. What did they do to stop illegals? Nothing. They didn't enforce the hiring laws. Where are the walls that the GOP want now? It's all a bunch of lies that they want illegal immigration stopped. They don't want to alienate a whole bunch of people. They're in a pickle.

-Cheers.
IMHO with more and more Americans wanting immigration STOPPED: the Dems AND Repubs will start listening a whole lot more. There's NOTHING that la raza can say or do about it either since screaming"racism" backfires almost all the time now. I say "Hispanics" since most illegal aliens are from LatAm.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:30 PM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
1. Fence, it worked perfectly for Israel.

2. Deportation works. Asking/begging/pleading people to stay out doesn't work with criminals who break the law

3. We should not be focusing on improving Mexico. We should be focusing on improving the lives of US CITIZENS and the USA. That is our number 1 priority, and it should remain that way. That is why we need to:

4. Crack down on businesses who hire non-US citizens illegally. If they get fined, raided, shut down, so be it, eventually the hiring practices will change and illegals will not have ANY INCENTIVE to come here because they won't be able to work here!

Problem solved.
Ending this "practice" of giving their kids birthright citizenship needs to end also because they could live off the welfare they get through them.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ending this "practice" of giving their kids birthright citizenship needs to end also because they could live off the welfare they get through them.
+1 Good point, I forgot that one

Old 04-01-2015, 07:44 PM

2,423 posts, read 3,000,395 times
Quote:
It's a sad time in America that any politicians on either side of the aisle are willing to thumb their noses at our immigration laws for votes from a minority group of Americans. Those in the GOP that are willing to do that (thank God at least they are the minority in that party) must be insane to put cheap, illegal labor above their survival as a party. Are they too stupid to realize that down the line if these illegal aliens become citizens they will vote Democrat?

Exactly. Remember President Reagan's amnesty? He thought that the immigrants that benefited with the amnesty would remember later and vote Republican. Yeah right! As we all know, Reagan later commented that he made a mistake granting amnesty.

-Cheers.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:54 PM

2,423 posts, read 3,000,395 times
Quote:
I agree. This alone would stop would-be illegal immigrants Dead. On. Their. Tracks. They would not enter the U.S. because the goodies would no longer be available to them.

Of course this will never happen. Shoot, the DEMS start crying when the idea of having voter IDs are discussed.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:19 AM

250 posts, read 142,249 times
I think it's quite a simple solution for a willing candidate. If you are a net gain for the nation - welcome. If not - send away/rejected.

That means medical pros, educators and the like are in. Most others not.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:15 AM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleiron1968 View Post
I think it's quite a simple solution for a willing candidate. If you are a net gain for the nation - welcome. If not - send away/rejected.

That means medical pros, educators and the like are in. Most others not.
I agree. Allow in "legal" immigrants but only if we need them. If they are going to replace an America in either a blue-collared or white-collared job then no. The biggest thing that needs to be curbed is this daisy chain of family reunifications in our country and of course illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or