Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 06:53 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Amazing that someone would admire foreign lawbreakers and thieves while they create hardships for the rightful citizens of this country. Most Americans aren't lazy but that's all the pro-illegals have to justify illegal immigration into our country by making that false claim.
I get what you're saying too. I don't know what it's it gonna take to make us regular folks stand up and DEMAND justice short of full on rioting. To be fair: I think the National Guard would mutiny against Obama and his boys if that were to come down because the Guard are us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 10:25 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Quote:
FYI, even Homeland Security has stated that it is cheaper to deport them than to allow them to remain here sucking up jobs, taxes and resources that belong to Americans. This isn't a conservative vs a liberal issue. It is an American issue. Deporting illegal aliens or taking steps to ensure they will self-deport is not throwing money down the toilet it would increase our tax revenues by ridding ourselves of these leeches and thieves. You conservatives? FYI, it's not only conservatives that post in here or are opposed to illegal immigration.
Exactly...the cost to California taxpayers alone...is annually over $21B, according to a Congressional report commissioned by Representative Elton Gallegly (no longer in office...this was about 3 years ago, so the cost has only gone up since then).

And that is just one state! Granted, the state with the most illegals in it...but 21B is a lot of money. Certainly every illegal's deportation could be handled for less than say, 10K in expense, right? Between court hearings and apprehension and transportation to their country of origin.

So even if there are 10M illegals, that is still only $100B.....you get the entire cost of deporting 10M illegals back from just five years of savings in just one state.

Its a no brainer.

Last edited by phantompilot; 03-18-2015 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: corrections

Old 03-18-2015, 10:36 AM

123 posts, read 149,501 times
I will settle for border security.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:19 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The technology exists for biometric ID. Make it the law of the land - create the business need and there will be a tech solution.

Roll it out on a state by state basis.

Done.

This technology fails to flag half of the illegals. And it erroneously flag some of the legals.

You can't roll something out that only works 50% of the time.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:23 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Ummm...but we are "correcting all the misinformation being presented here" by you. You just prefer to not take the time to educate yourself on this issue.

No need for you to respond. You've made your point and made it quite clear that you sympathize with illegals and don't want our laws enforced. Thanks for sharing! Buh-bye!

LOL. Isn't it so typical that whenever the argument is lost by the Right, they always retort to, "Yousympathize with the illegals!!"

Even if it is true, does sympathizing with the illegals refute anything that I said? Nope. Good to know that logical thinking is still lacking from the Right.

Did anything I wrote indicates that I sympathize with the illegals? Nope. Comprehension, why does the right find this skill so hard to master?

I know this is way beyond the capability of the conservatives on the board, but maybe if you guys were to propose something workable? Ever thought of that?

Old 03-18-2015, 01:37 PM

1,110 posts, read 672,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Ok Stop. You are exhibit A of why conservative news outlet, obviously where you got your information from, is not to be trusted.

Homeland Security said no such thing
. What you are thinking is a study by the partisan Federation for American Immigration Reform; a group that has its own agenda on kicking out illegals. And even they estimated that it will cost roughly $100+ Billions. That's billions with a 'B'.

You are half-way there. When one solution doesn't work, what do you do? You look for alternative solution.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/im...gration-action

Translation: Let's waste taxpayers' money in this never-ending fruitless pursue that doesn't do anything!! Yay!!

And you conservatives wonder why liberals roll their eyes whenever you guys claim to be fiscally responsible.

LOL. Let's recap:

Liberal: I don't really think too much about illegal aliens. I'm too damn busy for that.
Conservatives: You're Anti-Americans!! You're unpatriotic!!!

GOP Senators: We are actively undermining our own President and sabotaging foreign negotiation that helps our country.
Conservatives: You are so patriotic!!!

I'd like know how you would feel if Obama issued an executive order to cease all prosecutions and issue an amnesty order on all hate crimes.

'Ya know these hate crimes are pervasive in our society. These folks who actively engage in them are already here and are, in all other respects, productive citizens with families. We certainly do not want to tear at the seams of their family structure. That's not what America is about....

That said, these "dreamers" will be allowed to maintain their status as free Americans through my amnesty program and we will learn to accept their contributions as the lifeblood of American culture and prosperity.'

The reason the one solution isn't working is that a vast majority of undocumented immigrants (that are in fact in clear violation of Federal law) are processed (at the behest of standing administration's order) in a revolving door fashion.

And your response is to post a video about executive action on immigration.

So all of these border agents paid, protected and pensioned with current and future borrowed taxpayer dollars are instructed not to prosecute and not to deport those in clear violation of federal law. WHOSE'S WASTING THE TAXPAYER'S MONEY HERE? (hint: The people responsible for issuing this directive. In other words, our current administration)

Under the border control's current directive (against their wishes, in clear violation of their outlined SOP's and sworn duties) they are producing zero economic benefit by processing illegals only to let them go. It's one big 100% money suck in the current iteration.

If ICE were able to perform their duties effectively, we could at least leverage some economic and societal benefits from having that many more effective deportations lessen the burden of provision to carry these outlaws, be it temporarily or permanently.

On a side note, I've reviewed some of your retorts on this thread I'm finding myself somewhat relieved. If you were actually capable of cobbling together 'your narrative' into a construct that appeared to be even remotely believable?/ an adoptive solution that a majority of people would consider 'the correct path'? I would be genuinely terrified for my county's future.

The only thing that leaves me a little unsettled is that the formative basis for your narrative is one which a college education may have played a significant part.

That said, I will yield to your knowledge and experience on this one point: Is this where I'm supposed to put the "LOL" or should I have followed your lead and put it at the top?

Last edited by AKA Bubbleup; 03-18-2015 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 03-18-2015, 02:17 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Straight from the horses mouth!

Department of Homeland Security Assistant Secretary for Legislative Affairs, Nelson Peacock, responding to request from several U.S. Senators, including Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), wrote: “Our conservative estimate suggests that ICE would require a budget of more than $135 billion to apprehend, detain and remove the nation’s entire illegal immigrant population.”

So, while it would cost a one-time fee of about $135 billion to deport every single illegal alien in the country, it is actually a bargain considering the fact that it already costs us $113 billion annually to keep them here.

In other words, the mass deportation would pay for itself in a little over a year.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:05 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
I agree, Oldglory. It would be money well spent!

Old 03-18-2015, 04:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Straight from the horses mouth!

Department of Homeland Security Assistant Secretary for Legislative Affairs, Nelson Peacock, responding to request from several U.S. Senators, including Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), wrote: “Our conservative estimate suggests that ICE would require a budget of more than $135 billion to apprehend, detain and remove the nation’s entire illegal immigrant population.”

So, while it would cost a one-time fee of about $135 billion to deport every single illegal alien in the country, it is actually a bargain considering the fact that it already costs us $113 billion annually to keep them here.

In other words, the mass deportation would pay for itself in a little over a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I agree, Oldglory. It would be money well spent!
Agreed and HOW! Tho the illegal alien fans "clutch at their pearls" at such talk. lol!

Old 03-18-2015, 05:01 PM

35 posts, read 60,229 times
Probably none, but guys like Rand Paul will likely secure the border at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration