Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 01:23 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times

Advertisements

Me. I don't think I have a chance to be the president though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 05:09 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No one is talking about "massive deportation". What needs to be done is this ---make E-verify the law of the land and tweak it so that it picks up things like illegals who name their anchor babies after themselves and then use said child's SSN. Once E-verify is tweaked and is the law of the land, run everybody in the work force through it to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs. Do something to end the whole anchor baby/birth tourism baby fiasco. Make sure that illegals can't get any freebies. If illegals can't find work and the kids they birth here can't get citizenship, thus cashing in on freebies, then they will leave on their own accord. Why stay if they can't find work?
I suppose you aren't interested in becoming President and maybe have a relatives/friends that share your beliefs enter Congress. You know this, I know this and anybody that can know anything at all knows this, just a couple easy steps.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:45 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Ya know, Obama deported 50% more undocumented aliens per month than George W. Bush. Really.

Mick

Old 04-16-2015, 02:23 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Ya know, Obama deported 50% more undocumented aliens per month than George W. Bush. Really.

Mick
Um no, that has been debunked in here many times. Do I need to post the link again? Besides, what good does it do when he has implemented temporary amnesties twice now for "illegal aliens". They aren't "undocumented" they have plenty of documents all fake or stolen.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:17 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terperoni View Post
I mean enforce the border and deport illegals. They will get my vote.
NONE of them, anyone that tells you otherwise is either a liar or believe the lies others have told them. The best way to fight illegals from coming here is the one thing that NO candidate will mention, no less enforce it and that is to arrest those that hire illegals.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:13 AM

897 posts, read 1,180,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Ok, let's think this through. Here are the two scenarios:

- Illegals voluntarily returns to their homeland because of crackdown.
- Illegals stay here and risk getting caught... and gets send back to their homeland.

Notice something? The end result is the same!

So why wouldn't illegals just stay and take their chances? You are giving them no incentive by returning home on their own accord.

Bottom line: most illegals will just shrug it off. It's not like these people show any type of resilience by risking their lives to cross that border in the first place.....
The amount of illegals in our city is amazing. They're starting to outgrow other racial populations. They shrug off everything - they know nothing will be done.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:58 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
This has been going on as long as I have been alive (that's a long time) and neither party is willing to step up to the plate in this and never will

Old 04-20-2015, 01:17 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
The only politicians I know of who would actually crack down on illegal immigration are:

1) Republican U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions (Alabama)

2) Republican Governor Jan Brewer (Arizona)

3) Former Republican State Legislator Steve Peace (Arizona)

4) Maricopa County Sheriff (elected) Joe Arpaio (Arizona)

5) Former Republican Congressman Tom Tancredo (Colorado)

Unfortunately, none of them is running for president.

The only presidential candidate (if he runs) who MIGHT crack down is Donald Trump.

All the rest fall into one or more of the following categories:

1) Beholden to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which wants cheap labor and downward pressure on wages in this country (both Republicans and Democrats fall into this category.)

2) Committed Christian (every Christian church that I know of supports the illegals -- both for reasons of "compassion" and because most of the illegals themselves are devout Christians) (both Republicans and Democrats fall into this category.)

3) Believer in free trade, which includes open borders. (Clinton-Style NAFTA Democrats, Libertarians)

4) Sees illegals as future Democrat voters. (Democrats)

5) As a Republican, believes the Republican Party can't survive without "hispandering" (supporting illegal immigrants in order to get Hispanic votes.)

6) Deathly afraid of being called "racist" and "xenophobic."

And then there is the fact that in order to succeed as a politician nowadays, you have to prove (I know this sounds counterintuitive) that you don't care about the well-being of legal U.S. citizens and the well-being of America as a whole, but rather about special interest groups from unions to corporations.

Heck, why would ordinary legal U.S. citizens whose families have lived in this country for generations vote for you if you showed that you cared about them?

That would require intelligence!

Last edited by dechatelet; 04-20-2015 at 01:29 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 07:31 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Yes, the end result of taking steps to rid ourselves of illegal aliens either through voluntary or involuntary deportations should be our goal as it means they will go back to their homelands either way. It would make no sense for them to remain here if we remove the job and benefits incentives and they would have no means to support themselves. Most employers would not take the chance of hiring them with e-verify in place with stiff fines and jail sentences. There would simply not be enough jobs paid under the table to keep them here. One effective way to keep them from coming here is the incentive of birthright citizenship for their kids of which they can live off our welfare through them.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:00 AM

428 posts, read 344,156 times
dechatelet, that's an excellent post, I can't think of anything to add. Excellent summation.

It is interesting that Christianity has evolved into a foe of Western culture rather than a sustaining force, but it's rather an unavoidable conclusion.

Maybe we all need to start thinking like Romans. 'What would Caesar do' could be the new bumper sticker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration