U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-21-2015, 04:45 PM
 
19,125 posts, read 9,092,744 times
Reputation: 3855

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Children born in the U.S. to a foreign citizen parent whose country has jus sanguinis (right of blood) citizenship law...
hey! that's me!

Quote:
... were never supposed to be born U.S. citizens.
there's a surprise.

Quote:
They may choose to naturalize as a U.S. citizen at some point, but they were never intended to be U.S. citizens at birth.
i've never been asked to naturalize and have always maintained a US passport.

Quote:
Only those ignorant of historical fact and the Congressional Record misinterpret the 14th Amendment to mean anything else
and yet, here i am, a US citizen with complete rights and responsibilities of citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-21-2015, 04:53 PM
 
31,806 posts, read 14,654,154 times
Reputation: 8478
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Illegal South American immigrants have been a part of America's economy and culture since you were a child, and there was never hatred towards them (until a black president got elected and did immigration reform.)
US Farmers Depend on Illegal Immigrants

"Nine days after Obama’s reelection, petitions for secession have sprouted in all 50 states, and gun sales soared."
How the U.S. Military Would Crush a Tea Party Rebellion - Forbes

The above white Americans calling for secession and buying guns are "racists", and people like those racists are in this forum section attacking South Americans. And the fact is there are much bigger threats to America's jobs and economy than immigrants, like the outsourcing of high paying American jobs to Asia.

But these racists are not concerned about America's job base being moved to Asia, they are more concerned about hating black presidents and hating South Americans.
Please stop with your race baiting nonsense. President Bush (the white guy) tried to push an amnesty also but there was so much outrage that he never got it. No, illegal aliens are not a part of our culture and the reason for the objection today is because it has reached critical mass now in numbers, job losses, reduced wages, higher taxes increase in crime and overcrowded conditions in our schools, jails and hospitals. Many illegal aliens commit ID theft or tax evasion to work here. As I said in previous post only 3% of illegal aliens are picking crops and there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign crop pickers. Farmers that use illegal aliens are doing so to increase their profits while they break our laws to do so. They pass on the huge social costs of these illegal aliens to "we" the taxpayer.

Succession isn't an illegal immigration topic nor is buying up guns and desiring our immigration laws to be enforced certainly has nothing to do with racism or hate. You attacking white Americans better look in the mirror when you use that word. Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" and they aren't all from So. America either. We want all illegal aliens gone out of our country. Both illegal immigration and outsourcing are depleting job opportunities for Americans and we want them both admonished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 04:57 PM
 
31,806 posts, read 14,654,154 times
Reputation: 8478
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Watch Obama's last basketball shot, watch him hit the punching bag, and watch him dance. Are you gonna tell me Obama is not black?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXh_jBgkXI


And telling a 1/2 black American he is not black is "hatred." Look at Obama's wife she is black, do you know how much of an insult it is to tell a man like Obama or Redd Foxx that they are not black? (Its cruelty and hatred.)

And the rest of your post is inspired by the same hatred that would tell men like Redd Foxx that they are not black.
Where did I say that he isn't half black? His father was black and his mother was white. His skin color is irrelevant as he is still of mixed race. Why do these facts bother you and how are facts racist? With your last insult I won't be responding to your own hateful posts apparently for white Americans again! It's not only white Americans that want our immigration laws respected and enforced and there's not a damned thing wrong with that. All countries have immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 05:01 PM
 
31,806 posts, read 14,654,154 times
Reputation: 8478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Just out of curiosity, would you be okay with ending birthright citizenship for children born to two parents who are in the US legally (let's say, for example, to study at an American university) but are not citizens or permanent residents? This bill would strip citizenship for them as well.
IMO, at least one parent should be a citizen of this country. Again, no one is being stripped of anything that they have already and you can't strip someone of their citizenship if there are laws in place that don't grant it to them in first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 05:01 PM
 
62,645 posts, read 27,875,064 times
Reputation: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
hey! that's me!



there's a surprise.



i've never been asked to naturalize and have always maintained a US passport.



and yet, here i am, a US citizen with complete rights and responsibilities of citizenship.
You're a beneficiary of an arbitrary policy , not of the Constitution or federal law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 05:03 PM
 
62,645 posts, read 27,875,064 times
Reputation: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
IMO, at least one parent should be a citizen of this country. Again, no one is being stripped of anything that they have already and you can't strip someone of their citizenship if there are laws in place that don't grant it to them in first place.
Exactly. But much like illegal aliens, the federal government is choosing to ignore the actual law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 05:08 PM
 
31,806 posts, read 14,654,154 times
Reputation: 8478
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're a beneficiary of an arbitrary policy , not of the Constitution or federal law.
Exactly! It has merely been an erroneous practice. According to the 14th Amendment they are not citizens. No one seems to have the guts to address this issue except for bills being introduced every two years to change that error and there are far too many PC in our government to seek out the truth and do the right thing. One day it will be changed though and rightfully so. I'm just afraid it will be too little too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 05:43 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,635,560 times
Reputation: 2449
The only problem is Obama signing the bill into law and may require supper majority to pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 06:02 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,318,310 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Illegal South American immigrants have been a part of America's economy and culture since you were a child, and there was never hatred towards them (until a black president got elected and did immigration reform.)
US Farmers Depend on Illegal Immigrants

"Nine days after Obama’s reelection, petitions for secession have sprouted in all 50 states, and gun sales soared."
How the U.S. Military Would Crush a Tea Party Rebellion - Forbes

The above white Americans calling for secession and buying guns are "racists", and people like those racists are in this forum section attacking South Americans. And the fact is there are much bigger threats to America's jobs and economy than immigrants, like the outsourcing of high paying American jobs to Asia.

But these racists are not concerned about America's job base being moved to Asia, they are more concerned about hating black presidents and hating South Americans.
ILLEGAL alien ain't a "race".

Obama: I voted for the dude in 2008, refused to vote for him again in 2012. Race had NOTHING against my NOT wanting him back in power. BTW: I'm a white dude.

IF illegal aliens are so "needed" to do farm work; which I call BS on, they why are MOST illegals living in the big cities where there ain't any kind of farm near by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 06:04 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,318,310 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Watch Obama's last basketball shot, watch him hit the punching bag, and watch him dance. Are you gonna tell me Obama is not black?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXh_jBgkXI


And telling a 1/2 black American he is not black is "hatred." Look at Obama's wife she is black, do you know how much of an insult it is to tell a man like Obama or Redd Foxx that they are not black? (Its cruelty and hatred.)

And the rest of your post is inspired by the same hatred that would tell men like Redd Foxx that they are not black.
Obama is just as "white" as he is "Black". That ain't hatred: that's the truth! Sheesh! Too; more and more "multiracial" Americans with some Black blood no longer ID as just "Black". Sorry, Jim Crow was killed 50 years ago. If that pisses off a few hood rats and KKK types, that ain't my problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top