U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-23-2015, 06:27 AM
 
1,701 posts, read 883,469 times
Reputation: 710

Advertisements

NOT!!!!

Quote:
"He was nice but he was depressed," said Eugene Hernandez, a tree pruner staying at the shelter. "He told me straight up, he brought his wife to America but his wife left him. He told me he wanted to die."
Slain Mexican farmworker's life crumbled after traumas in America

Well he got his wish, suicide by police.

"Nice guy"?? The article details this "nice guy".

I can hear the new mantra: "Illegal Mexican Lives Matter".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-23-2015, 07:02 AM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
NOT!!!!



Slain Mexican farmworker's life crumbled after traumas in America

Well he got his wish, suicide by police.

"Nice guy"?? The article details this "nice guy".

I can hear the new mantra: "Illegal Mexican Lives Matter".
So let's see from the article he and his wife were not only in this country illegally but he was a meth user, physically abusive towards his wife and then pelted police officers with rocks (a felony) and we are supposed to feel sorry for him? Note how these so-called "immigrant advocacy" groups are quick to defend him? I guess blood is thicker than water and it also trumps our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Gainesville, FL
16 posts, read 10,508 times
Reputation: 44
I feel absolutely no sympathy for illegal immigrants. I legally immigrated to the US when I was young with the rest of my family. My parents had to work for YEARS trying to get the right paperwork before coming here to be eligible to work and live here legally. Why should their hard work mean nothing when people can just run across a border and demand the same rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 10:41 AM
 
1,701 posts, read 883,469 times
Reputation: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Bait View Post
I feel absolutely no sympathy for illegal immigrants. I legally immigrated to the US when I was young with the rest of my family. My parents had to work for YEARS trying to get the right paperwork before coming here to be eligible to work and live here legally. Why should their hard work mean nothing when people can just run across a border and demand the same rights?
Not to mention that you and your family had to be law-abiding citizens, your father would have had to be gainfully employed, paid taxes and yet, one "bad" move or "violation", the paperwork would have been stopped and everyone would have been deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 10:59 AM
 
1,701 posts, read 883,469 times
Reputation: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So let's see from the article he and his wife were not only in this country illegally but he was a meth user, physically abusive towards his wife and then pelted police officers with rocks (a felony) and we are supposed to feel sorry for him? Note how these so-called "immigrant advocacy" groups are quick to defend him? I guess blood is thicker than water and it also trumps our immigration laws.
Where are these "advocacy" groups when an illegal kills an American citizen?? Thousands of Americans have been killed by illegals.

If Obama believes that families should remain together, does an illegal taking the life of someone and leaving that empty space in that family mean anything? Why is it OK for American families to be separated from a loved one murdered by the hand(s) of an illegal(s)s, but somehow not separating families of illegals seems to have a higher value.

Crazy, crazy thinking. Actually I don't think Obama gives any thought to the American families that are separated from loved ones who were murdered by illegals.

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial
Home
Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily (2006 - 12 Americans were being killed every day by illegals. Imagine the number today)
Media Ignore Americans Killed by Illegal Alien 'DREAMers' - Breitbart
Illegal Alien Crime and Violence by the Numbers: We (history and the bigger picture today)

Why doesn't the media address the problem of illegals killing Americans, rather than come out with these "news" reports looking for sympathy for illegal criminals??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 11:16 AM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Where are these "advocacy" groups when an illegal kills an American citizen?? Thousands of Americans have been killed by illegals.

If Obama believes that families should remain together, does an illegal taking the life of someone and leaving that empty space in that family mean anything? Why is it OK for American families to be separated from a loved one murdered by the hand(s) of an illegal(s)s, but somehow not separating families of illegals seems to have a higher value.

Crazy, crazy thinking. Actually I don't think Obama gives any thought to the American families that are separated from loved ones who were murdered by illegals.

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial
Home
Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily (2006 - 12 Americans were being killed every day by illegals. Imagine the number today)
Media Ignore Americans Killed by Illegal Alien 'DREAMers' - Breitbart
Illegal Alien Crime and Violence by the Numbers: We (history and the bigger picture today)

Why doesn't the media address the problem of illegals killing Americans, rather than come out with these "news" reports looking for sympathy for illegal criminals??
It's the new PC world we live in. The Media considers them to be the poor downtrodden victims of our immigration system. They have a blind eye when it comes to the crimes they commit in our country. That's not to say that they all commit murder or other heinous crimes but they are all certainly guilty of breaking our immigration laws and many if not most are guilty of ID theft or tax evasion. They don't want to talk about the high costs of them being here or the other problems they present either. I long for the days when Americans had more of a sense of pride and loyalty to our country and put the needs of our own citizens first. Those days are long gone by, unfortunately. We are a fractured nation now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 12:26 PM
 
25,455 posts, read 23,279,677 times
Reputation: 15310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Bait View Post
I feel absolutely no sympathy for illegal immigrants. I legally immigrated to the US when I was young with the rest of my family. My parents had to work for YEARS trying to get the right paperwork before coming here to be eligible to work and live here legally. Why should their hard work mean nothing when people can just run across a border and demand the same rights?
and that is exactly what My Girlfriend says, she worked very hard for years, to become a legal citizen, and this is a slap in the face to all of you who felt proud to become an American.

It should be a privledge to live here....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Gainesville, FL
16 posts, read 10,508 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and that is exactly what My Girlfriend says, she worked very hard for years, to become a legal citizen, and this is a slap in the face to all of you who felt proud to become an American.

It should be a privledge to live here....

I don't care how long you have lived here illegally, you don't have the right to stay here. Immigrating to the US is most certainly a privilege and never anything that should be taken for granted. Some of us who legally immigrated here, don't know any other lifestyle but the "American" lifestyle. I have never have felt happier and prouder than when I swore in as a citizen of this country. Likewise, when I swore in the defend this country against enemies FOREIGN and domestic, it was an oath I took to heart. If ANYONE believes that the waves of illegal immigrants flooding our borders don't pose a threat to this country is either a moron or has a hidden agenda.

Last edited by Gator Bait; 03-23-2015 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 02:53 PM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8360
[quote=Gator Bait;38928813]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and that is exactly what My Girlfriend says, she worked very hard for years, to become a legal citizen, and this is a slap in the face to all of you who felt proud to become an American.

It should be a privledge to live here....[/quote]


I don't care how long you have lived here illegally, you don't have the right to stay here. Immigrating to the US is most certainly a privilege and never anything that should be taken for granted. Some of us who legally immigrated here, don't know any other lifestyle but the "American" lifestyle. I have never have felt happier and prouder than when I swore in as a citizen of this country. Likewise, when I swore in the defend this country against enemies FOREIGN and domestic, it was an oath I took to heart. If ANYONE believes that the waves of illegal immigrants flooding our borders don't pose a threat to this country is either a moron or has a hidden agenda.
I think it's more like the latter and the agenda is anything but hidden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2015, 04:19 PM
 
4,707 posts, read 3,339,929 times
Reputation: 4412
Two words: Good. Riddance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top