Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 6,134 times

Advertisements

im a deporty from chicago but i got sent back to europe just recently and i dont believe its fair because my family brought me there when i was three years old and i never knew i was an immigrant i just got schooled there since pre school all the way to my second year of college and then yeahh i got deported i mean i understand i shoulda been a citizen but we applyed for it and the lawyer lost all of our files and we never got it but i was a good kid never got in serious trouble never messed around with drugs or anything and ii did great in highschool was on the baseketball team and football team and was one of the top basketball players at the school and now i cant return to america for 10 years i was in jail for about 1 month worst month of my life for a person whos never even visited a jail and i was wondering if you guys would try and help me and let me know if their is any legal action that i can do because i was their since i was 3 and would like to return asap (legaly this time)

Old 12-28-2008, 10:24 AM

974 posts, read 1,581,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyyugo88 View Post
im a deporty from chicago but i got sent back to europe just recently and i dont believe its fair because my family brought me there when i was three years old and i never knew i was an immigrant i just got schooled there since pre school all the way to my second year of college and then yeahh i got deported i mean i understand i shoulda been a citizen but we applyed for it and the lawyer lost all of our files and we never got it but i was a good kid never got in serious trouble never messed around with drugs or anything and ii did great in highschool was on the baseketball team and football team and was one of the top basketball players at the school and now i cant return to america for 10 years i was in jail for about 1 month worst month of my life for a person whos never even visited a jail and i was wondering if you guys would try and help me and let me know if their is any legal action that i can do because i was their since i was 3 and would like to return asap (legaly this time)
unfortunately you have to serve your 10 banishment then apply legally. im sorry your parents broke the law and allowed you to believe you werent an immigrant, but laws are laws. if i break a law, i got to jail. regardless if i knew it was a law or not. just keep trying to do things the right way. if the lawyer messed your files up, im sure there is some recourse there. i would contact your government and speak with them. good luck in the future, and i hope you get into america the right way. we need more people that want to do the right thing.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:24 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,371,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyyugo88 View Post
While I sympathize with you because your parents brought you to this country ILLEGALLY, they bare all of the responsibility for your deportation and present state of unhappiness. Just as you understand now that you were here illegally, your parents understood the same, yet they decided to make you an accessory to their crime and break US laws, enter and live here illegally.

You sound like a decent young man who realizes that crime doesn't pay. You also need to realize that breaking and entering into our country and partaking of our tax dollars which educated you is not fair to Americans either.

Our laws and rules are in place for good reasons. You have received a free education courtesy of the US taxpayers. You now realize that you are not a citizen and thus there are consequences for criminal behavior, facts that your parents deliberately ignored and lied to you about. I hope you put what you have learned to great use and make your country a better place to live. Should you be fortunate enough to re-enter this country, please do so legally. In the meantime, best of luck to you in your homeland.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 12-28-2008 at 10:40 AM..

Old 12-28-2008, 11:08 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,358,381 times
Talk to an Immigration Lawyer(online) and see in you can get your re-entry time shortened. In the meantime, start you application for citizenship so you'll be set to sail when your restriction time expires.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:00 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,261,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
It is also a FELONY for those who give refuge to an illegal...
Anyone who harbors, houses, gives refuge is commiting a crime.. a felony!
How we can help with this is.. if you know of someone that rents a home to illegals.. contact the authorities, if you know of someone is letting an illegal stay in thier home.. turn them in. You don't need to see a document to know for sure.. read between the lines, so-to-speak. Most of the times the documents are a forgery anyway. We had a house a few blocks over that had 15 illegals living in it.. a 1 bed, 1 bath! They are not there now!
There also use to be 30 to 40 a day hanging out at the local lowes.. not any more! Once more and more Americans stand up.. you CAN make a difference!
THANK YOU for that. If illegals didn't get jobs in the US (yes, that means you...hiring that illegal Irish nanny!) or benefits they wouldn't come here.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,134 times
well my family paid taxes too and thanks guys i will try my best to re-enter as a citizen and not break laws and i promise im not just taking away from america imma bring back great ideas and hopefully make america a better place

Old 01-03-2009, 11:28 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,671,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
I am reading alot of stories about Mexicans who are officially deported but think it is all a joke and just come back to America to try again the next day. In many cases they return to the same town and same job, and just call them selves a new name and get a new fake social security number. It seems almost silly.

I read that many illegal aliens are caught and admit to being deported 4-5 times and plan to come back and try again and maybe risk being deported a sixth time. I thought coming back to America after being formally deported was a felony, is it not being prosecuted?

What it the difference between being formally deported and being picked up at the border and being sent back?
Any new immigration law MUST mandate a prison term for ANYBODY that has been deported and sneaks back in the country again. I would say at least a 3 year term.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:18 PM

50,063 posts, read 46,605,276 times
It would be best if the home Country did the jailing.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:13 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,130,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Any new immigration law MUST mandate a prison term for ANYBODY that has been deported and sneaks back in the country again. I would say at least a 3 year term.
Can anyone tell me exactly what the penalty is 4 crossing the border illegaly the second time? I thought it was a felony with prison time!

Old 01-04-2009, 11:19 AM

87 posts, read 129,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
I am reading alot of stories about Mexicans who are officially deported but think it is all a joke and just come back to America to try again the next day. In many cases they return to the same town and same job, and just call them selves a new name and get a new fake social security number. It seems almost silly.

I read that many illegal aliens are caught and admit to being deported 4-5 times and plan to come back and try again and maybe risk being deported a sixth time. I thought coming back to America after being formally deported was a felony, is it not being prosecuted?

What it the difference between being formally deported and being picked up at the border and being sent back?

The illegal aliens have NO RESPECT for American Laws. Not when our politicians allow them to break the laws without consequences. Now, that the public has finally half woke up the politicians are scrabbling to do enough to appease them to keep their offices.

In 2005 more than 70 percent of the 98,000 illegal
aliens detained by the U.S. Border Patrol from
countries other than Mexico (OTMs) were released
almost immediately onto the streets of America
because of a lack of detention facilities.

Source:

Page 5
Shadow Secretary Homeland Security,
Edwin S. Rubenstien
http://www.esrresearch.com/Rubensteinreport.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration