Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 06:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I just skimmed the article because I knew that if I read the whole thing it would make my blood boil

These DREAMers are ingrates who have no moral compass. They got a free K-12 education courtesy of the taxpayers and instead of being thankful, they want more, more, more!

BigD beat me to it, as I was going to write what she did. They do indeed have a legal way to attend college here.

The fact that the DREAMers get in-state tuition in some states must really be galling to all the foreign students who obeyed the law.

For example, student A was born and raised in Mexico. When it is time for him to go to college, he chooses an American state college. He has to apply for admission and once accepted, he has to obtain a student visa. As a foreign student, he has to pay out-of-state rates.

Student B was brought here illegally from Mexico as a kid. He got a free K-12 education. Now he wants to attend that same state college that student A wants to attend. However, since the state where student B lives gives in-state tuition to illegals who just happen to be squatting there, his tuition is cheaper than student A. On top of that, thanks to Obama dictating DACA (and extending it) student B has no worries about keeping his student visa current.

^This is absolutely disgusting
Agreed and HOW since Student A would've been a legal alien who obeyed our rules. People like him we can use to help build up the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 05:50 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
??? What's stopping them from going to college in their country of birth?

Old 04-02-2015, 08:07 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
That OP was about as palatable to me as seeing a bunch of these kids protesting while carrying signs that read "ENOUGH! " Huh??

Let's chuck the undocumented krap, and call them what they are regardless of how they got here: illegal aliens. And stop trying to lay a guilt trip on American citizens who've had it up to here with entitled moochers.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:53 AM

336 posts, read 442,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I just skimmed the article because I knew that if I read the whole thing it would make my blood boil

These DREAMers are ingrates who have no moral compass. They got a free K-12 education courtesy of the taxpayers and instead of being thankful, they want more, more, more!

BigD beat me to it, as I was going to write what she did. They do indeed have a legal way to attend college here.

The fact that the DREAMers get in-state tuition in some states must really be galling to all the foreign students who obeyed the law.

For example, student A was born and raised in Mexico. When it is time for him to go to college, he chooses an American state college. He has to apply for admission and once accepted, he has to obtain a student visa. As a foreign student, he has to pay out-of-state rates.

Student B was brought here illegally from Mexico as a kid. He got a free K-12 education. Now he wants to attend that same state college that student A wants to attend. However, since the state where student B lives gives in-state tuition to illegals who just happen to be squatting there, his tuition is cheaper than student A. On top of that, thanks to Obama dictating DACA (and extending it) student B has no worries about keeping his student visa current.

^This is absolutely disgusting
First of all, thats not true. If immigrants pay sales tax or any state or local tax, that money gets funded to the schools. Own or rent a home? Also pay taxes in the form of higher rent and property taxes which also fund the school.

Also, why do you care of they have to pay more or less of? ..is it affecting your personal life in any way? Are you going to lose your house, job, car or kids because of it? If not, why do you care?

The ignorance on this board is what is truly disgusting
The lot of you have anger issues and need therapy....badly.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:50 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
First of all, thats not true. If immigrants pay sales tax or any state or local tax, that money gets funded to the schools. Own or rent a home? Also pay taxes in the form of higher rent and property taxes which also fund the school.

Also, why do you care of they have to pay more or less of? ..is it affecting your personal life in any way? Are you going to lose your house, job, car or kids because of it? If not, why do you care?

We need therapy because we want our immigration laws respected and enforced? Really? Then I guess our government officials also need therapy for implementing them? How about the governments of other countries that have immigration laws? Do they need therapy also? Maybe we need therapy for enforcing any of our other laws also?

Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" and they have a habit of living several families in one house so no, whatever property taxes come out of their rent payments do not cover the costs of schooling their numerous children.

Why should foreigners especially those here illegally get a break in tuition? Illegal immigration is impacting all American families in some way negatively. I see, so it is also ignorant to want foreigners to come here legally and to respect our sovereign borders? Why shouldn't we be angry when they don't? I assure you that the ignorant ones on this board aren't those of us for the rule of law but those who think our immigration laws mean nothing instead.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:57 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:

Legal aliens or ILLEGAL aliens? This Forum's about illegal immigration so, yes I'm def pissed over their kind being in the US.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:55 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:

You obviously are clueless as to how public schools get funded. Where I live, it's property taxes that fund the bulk of it. In my area, a house has to be assessed at $1 million in order for the property taxes generated to cover the education of 1 child.

As Oldglory rightfully pointed out, illegals live in overcrowded houses so the property taxes generated from those flophouses don't come anywhere near covering the cost of so much as 1 child.

As for sales taxes---gimme a break! Tourists here on vacation pay sales tax when they buy items. In other words, no one can escape paying that.

Illegals are often paid under the table thus evading income tax. Either that or they are using a fake or stolen SSN, thus committing ID theft. Did you know that it is not illegal for someone to use your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it? People who have had their IDs stolen or find out someone is using their SSN get put into a world of hurt.

Illegal immigration certainly does affect my personal life. They've destroyed my community and schools. So, yes, I'm angry and rightfully so. We, in this forum, who get the wide scale devastation caused by illegal aliens are not in need of therapy. We need to see illegals leave this country as they have no business being here.

From other postings on CD, you've made it known that you are Hispanic. Do you have illegal alien relatives? Is that your dog in this fight?

Old 04-07-2015, 04:38 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
We came here legally and had to be checked, re-checked and pay a lot of money for traveling, visa, lawyers, etc. That was our choice so I'm not complaining but the system is not great and I believe it should be changed.

Having said that I don't like it that what we had to go through is now waived for illegals and they can get a drivers license and go to school and have it easier than my kids had and I have the feeling that legal aliens are getting discriminated by this government since there is hardly ever one word about legal aliens and how difficult they have it to stay.

Even on a 5 year visa like an E2 investors visa you have to leave the country every 2 years by plane (cruise doesn't count and if you have bad luck driving over the border isn't always good enough either) to get a renewed I-94.

I don't mind the double checking but the amount of money for extending a drivers license for the entire family each year since after 9/11 our drivers licenses that were valid for 7 years all of a sudden were no longer valid than 1 year! We spend hundreds of dollars just on a drivers license and the distances we had to drive to get one since the local DMV doesn't handle legal aliens! That means you are considered some weird breed! jk.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:23 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:

The lot of you have anger issues and need therapy....badly
I care because this is a country I fought for and I'm a big believer in the rule of law and our sovereignty. Those who respect neither or who are here because their parents didn't should get no special treatment.

As for what I bolded, be careful. Remember that when you point a finger at someone you have three fingers pointing back at yourself.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:39 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:

Talk about hypocrisy, maybe you should actually READ the LAWS and TRY to comprehend WHY they exist.

What is truly disgusting is apologists like yourself who ignore the fact that these criminals CHOSE to ignore the laws of this great country because they thought they were "special" and above the law.

Yes "therapy" and reason might solve Liberals denial on the many issues Illegals brought on themselves and the rest of society.

No sympathies deserved at all, go cry to their leaders back where they belong !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration