Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 PM

120 posts, read 127,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I think whites who aren't uppity and know their place are okay.

But we don't need a bunch of outside agitators coming in and stirring things up.
Thanks for the Laugh, I caught the "irony".

Old 02-06-2008, 10:18 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Wind View Post
Famous Southern White males with known Indian ancestry:

Exhibit A: Chuck Norris (Cherokee - "Most Civilized Tribe")

http://www.nypress.com/images/chuck_norris.jpg (broken link)

Exhibit B: Brett Favre (Choctaw - "Civilized Tribe")

http://www.squibkick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/brett-favre-smiles.jpg (broken link)

What's really amusing about this is that these two honestly look "Whiter" to me than most of the Europeans I've known.
Really their Native American? never knew that

Brings me to my point, these two people:

Marques Houston, famous R&B singer. He's half Mexican and doesn't look Mexican at all.

Alex Bledel, believe it or not she's half Mexican as well.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:18 PM

23 posts, read 86,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I think whites who aren't uppity and know their place are okay.

But we don't need a bunch of outside agitators coming in and stirring things up.
That's the hardest I've laughed in a month.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmover99 View Post
Thanks for the Laugh, I caught the "irony".
Yep--Yeledaf hit a nerve with us "old guys" with this word-for-word mantra from the racial upheavals of the South in the 60's. There were lots of misunderstood happenings then..like the folks who accused Georgia Governor Lester Maddox of having driven "Negroes" out of his restaurant with axe-handles. "Not true", protested Maddox...(he'd used PICK Handles)..

Today's whites CAN get uppity, for sure...

Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 PM

ProLogic,

Quote:
Marques Houston, famous R&B singer. He's half Mexican and doesn't look Mexican at all.
African phenotypes tend to dominate.

Quote:
Alex Bledel, believe it or not she's half Mexican as well.
She's probably the daughter of a White Mexican whose ancestry is almost entirely Spanish. I highly doubt that her parentage is of the Mestizo variety (currently flocking into the U.S.)

Old 02-06-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
This colourism of what you speak of is truly evident in Mexico.
According to some of my business associates it's significantly worse in Brazil. Generally, the more mixed the population the more colourism there seems to be.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
ProLogic,

She's probably the daughter of a White Mexican whose ancestry is almost entirely Spanish. I highly doubt that her parentage is of the Mestizo variety (currently flocking into the U.S.)
Quote:
That is what I thought! Until I met a kid through a friend of mine who had to tell me he was Half Black and Half Mexican. He doesn't look Black nor Mexican, he looks indian. No curly hair, no African features what so ever. And about Alex Bledel, I'm not sure. In fact, the only dark ones in my family are my dad and his sister. Most of my cousins are fairly skinned some with green eyes and dirty blonde hair even though one my grandpa looks pretty much indigenous.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:37 PM

120 posts, read 127,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Why are white people so afraid of the world they molded?

I think because times are changing. Much of what white people have in the world today was earned through the blood of another race or ethnicity. I think White people have an inherit guilt of having what was not earned by themselves.

Progression by legal or illegal means is occurring and finally the white people are being used like pawns, which is a change from history. This has placed many in defensive mode.

IMO White people will diverge into 2 groups: adapting and accepting or frightful and fierce.

The frightful and fierce group will move away from cities and anything liberal and create strongholds, which will be lost 1 person at a time, 1 generation at a time.

We all have a right to exist, and we all have a right to progress.
You sure have some whacky "Pipe Dreams". lol

Old 02-06-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmover99 View Post
You sure have some whacky "Pipe Dreams". lol
If you didn't know he's half white, and he does have an excellent point.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:44 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
According to some of my business associates it's significantly worse in Brazil. Generally, the more mixed the population the more colourism there seems to be.
I was in Brazil years ago, as a merchant seaman--traveled inland a bit as well. It is a very diverse society, but there is a 'color code'. The VERY rich tend to be very white, and the very poor tend heavily toward black. There are a few exceptions, of course

In addition, Brazil isn't exactly the big "rainbow family" its often thought to be. There IS some geographical segregation as well. The very poor, very dry Northeast :"shoulder" is heavily black---some areas almost exclusively. The far South, near Uruguay, is heavily White...All sorts of European immigrants, mostly unmixed. There is a large Japanese community (one of the world's largest) mostly concentrated in two states.

In the big cities, there is a huge racial diversity, it's true--but still some 'colorism" In the interior, primitive Indian tribes are STILL being "subjugated" by white settlers, to this day.

American Southerners may find it interesting that a group of Southern US whites went to Brazil after the fall of the Confederacy, in the hopes of resuming their 'plantation' lifestyle. The "old timers" have pretty well disappeared, but their heirs DO have some sort of get-together each year, re-enacting "Southern" stuff, and a few of their descendants know English. They have a small museum. It's considered a sort of 'tourist attraction" among Brazilians, and draws quite a crowd. (can't remember the name of their town---seems like its a US-inspired name) (?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration