U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 07:20 AM

31,467 posts, read 14,559,147 times

Advertisements

Here is a report released years ago citing a study by the L.A. County Supervisor on the costs of illegal immigration to L.A. county alone. Since then we have had millions more come here. So it would be fair to say that those dollars have increased a lot more. I have other sites saved and they aren't opinions of anyone but actual government studies.

Illegal Aliens in Los Angeles County Cost Taxpayers 3 Billion Dollars Annually | An Angeleno's View of the World
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 07:36 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Here is a start on public funds going to illegals in IL: Illegal aliens take advantage of Illinois public aid programs - Illinois Review

I had read some time back that pregnant illegals were getting free pre-natal care and how this will save us in the future if they have healthy babies. My thought was with the cost of pre-natal care, delivery of the baby and caring for the baby for 18+ years, you could put more than a couple of illegals on a plane first class going back to Mexico!

This just made me sick and I couldn't watch it all: You Won’t Believe What This Illegal Alien Mother of 7 Collected – For 20 YEARS (Video) | Top Right News At 60 years old, I have worked my tail off and now, I keep hearing that social security may not be there when I want to retire.

Why do you think that states do this? I know in AZ, I was told that the school systems ignored illegals (this was in the early 90s) because each student brought in more money. I guess the states just feel if they can run the totals, no matter how they do it, it brings in federal dollars.

Another informative link: Illegal Aliens a Drain on U.S. Taxpayers, Report Says

Did "they" say that it would be too expensive to build a wall to block illegals?

Old 04-13-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Here is a start on public funds going to illegals in IL: Illegal aliens take advantage of Illinois public aid programs - Illinois Review

I had read some time back that pregnant illegals were getting free pre-natal care and how this will save us in the future if they have healthy babies. My thought was with the cost of pre-natal care, delivery of the baby and caring for the baby for 18+ years, you could put more than a couple of illegals on a plane first class going back to Mexico!

This just made me sick and I couldn't watch it all: You Won’t Believe What This Illegal Alien Mother of 7 Collected – For 20 YEARS (Video) | Top Right News At 60 years old, I have worked my tail off and now, I keep hearing that social security may not be there when I want to retire.

Why do you think that states do this? I know in AZ, I was told that the school systems ignored illegals (this was in the early 90s) because each student brought in more money. I guess the states just feel if they can run the totals, no matter how they do it, it brings in federal dollars.

Did "they" say that it would be too expensive to build a wall to block illegals?
Anyone who tries to claim that illegal aliens are not a drain on the U.S. taxpayer is in deep denial of the truth. Even Homeland Security has stated that it would be cheaper to deport them than to allow them to remain here stealing jobs, reducing wages and draining our tax coffers. A wall along the most porous areas on our southern border would be a good investment when you measure the costs of them being able to get into our country. Here is a link from a while back about the drain on Texas taxpayers paying for the births of their numerous babies. Add to that that they are able to get government assistance to raise them and we are talking mega-bucks.

Dallas hospital cares for illegal immigrants - NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams | NBC News

Old 04-13-2015, 11:54 AM

10,026 posts, read 8,854,475 times
Quote:

Don't get me started on All Kids and Healthy Moms and Babies. On both sites they have a Spanish version and even say "regardless of immigration status" and state you don't need a social security card. That says all we need to know. Illegals are a drain on society. They are usually unskilled and bring nothing in return for stealing our money. They take social security they never paid into not to mention welfare.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:52 PM

Well, with the constant changes being made in the way this particular town handles banking to keep things secure, I called and asked "Do you e-verify?" The person answering the phone said the HR person was out this week so she would ask a bank officer. She came back and said they didn't give out that information.
I said "This isn't going to work for me." She connected me to the bank officer. I asked "Does your bank use e-verify?" She said she wasn't sure what I was asking. I said "Do you know what e-verify is?" She said "No." She claims they don't hire illegals because they follow the laws but unfortunately, the laws here do not include e-verify. I will talk with the HR officer next week. This is not our main bank but use a bank here for convenience. Seriously, you'd have to live under a rock not to have heard of e-verify!!! This bank has at least 3 branches so it is not super small.

I am thinking the U. S. motto should be "Ignorance is bliss." If I don't admit there is a problem, there isn't?

I did note that one company hiring last week on the internet here stressed that the person should be able to lawfully work in the US and that a student visa would not cut it but then, this company doesn't pay minimum wage. Minimum wage in manufacturing is always a RED flag.

I just cannot imagine the nerve to fly the flag of Mexico while being supported by, the U S government, we the people!!!

Old 04-13-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Well, with the constant changes being made in the way this particular town handles banking to keep things secure, I called and asked "Do you e-verify?" The person answering the phone said the HR person was out this week so she would ask a bank officer. She came back and said they didn't give out that information.
I said "This isn't going to work for me." She connected me to the bank officer. I asked "Does your bank use e-verify?" She said she wasn't sure what I was asking. I said "Do you know what e-verify is?" She said "No." She claims they don't hire illegals because they follow the laws but unfortunately, the laws here do not include e-verify. I will talk with the HR officer next week. This is not our main bank but use a bank here for convenience. Seriously, you'd have to live under a rock not to have heard of e-verify!!! This bank has at least 3 branches so it is not super small.

I am thinking the U. S. motto should be "Ignorance is bliss." If I don't admit there is a problem, there isn't?

I did note that one company hiring last week on the internet here stressed that the person should be able to lawfully work in the US and that a student visa would not cut it but then, this company doesn't pay minimum wage. Minimum wage in manufacturing is always a RED flag.

I just cannot imagine the nerve to fly the flag of Mexico while being supported by, the U S government, we the people!!!
I seriously doubt that any banks hire illegal aliens. You have to go under quite a scrutiny to hold a bank job. Now they may contract out to cleaning companies but it is up to the owners of those companies to hire legitimate workers.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I seriously doubt that any banks hire illegal aliens. You have to go under quite a scrutiny to hold a bank job. Now they may contract out to cleaning companies but it is up to the owners of those companies to hire legitimate workers.
Yes, that is a concern and I don't know if they hire out but I will inquire on that also.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:20 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,854,475 times
If anything the banks bring in visa workers. Probably don't though. Illegals tend to be in less skilled jobs.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:58 PM

The interesting thing is that they have continued to avoid the direct question "Do you e-verify for your employees." I don't know how to make that question any easier for them. I heard from the human resources person and she didn't give a straight answer and just wanted to know if I had a specific concern. Seriously though, some of these people are so poorly educated since so many dollars go to English As A Second Language that maybe the concept of e-verify just goes over their heads! House goes on the market next week! The ratings on the schools are so poor in town that I can't imagine they will attract many new families. Thankfully, my children did not attend school here.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:11 PM

13,047 posts, read 12,468,724 times
Quote:
I know a lot of people think that KS couldn't possibly have a major illegal immigration problem but I was just sure it was from the research that I have done but nothing I could really bring together, just bites and pieces so I needed some info for another thread and I came across this which says that it is not in my imagination: Kansas is number one destination for illegal aliens The little video at the bottom of the article is actually very good if you listen through the whole thing since at first, I didn't like what was being said but it comes around.

What this explains? Why are taxes are so high, wages so low, schools so poorly rated, Medicaid system overwhelmed, crime on the rise, rampant increase in crime and illegal drugs, animal control full of pit bulls and chihuahuas, the mystery illness that cost several dogs their lives at the animal shelter, TB in the schools, etc. and the out migration of those that can get out.
Oklahoma is just about as bad. In Oklahoma immigrants, legal or not, can't get a drivers license. Is that also the way it is in Kansas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration