U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 05:50 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times

Advertisements

I know a lot of people think that KS couldn't possibly have a major illegal immigration problem but I was just sure it was from the research that I have done but nothing I could really bring together, just bites and pieces so I needed some info for another thread and I came across this which says that it is not in my imagination: Kansas is number one destination for illegal aliens The little video at the bottom of the article is actually very good if you listen through the whole thing since at first, I didn't like what was being said but it comes around.

What this explains? Why are taxes are so high, wages so low, schools so poorly rated, Medicaid system overwhelmed, crime on the rise, rampant increase in crime and illegal drugs, animal control full of pit bulls and chihuahuas, the mystery illness that cost several dogs their lives at the animal shelter, TB in the schools, etc. and the out migration of those that can get out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 09:18 PM

11,480 posts, read 5,504,092 times
This is surprising. I always thought that CA was their #1 destination.

At least you have someone like Kris Kobach who is willing to tirelessly fight against this.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:10 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

At least you have someone like Kris Kobach who is willing to tirelessly fight against this.
I'm getting the feeling that Cali ain't so illegal alien friendly in 2015 but doesn't talk about it.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:47 AM

31,463 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

We have many more illegal aliens here in Calif. than they do in Kansas.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:06 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We have many more illegal aliens here in Calif. than they do in Kansas.
Map: Illegal immigrant population by state.

CA also has more opportunities for work than we do in KS but it is more noticeable here I think because of the smaller towns and they are dominating some towns and gaining on a others. As the little video said, we don't need the labor, they just need to pay a decent wage. There are at least 55,000 illegals working in our small population state. Our children aren't being taken care of by the government like theirs which definitely helps them work for lower wages and the "charities" just can't do enough for them. "Red carpet".

Old 04-12-2015, 01:05 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,854,475 times
In Illinois we have a generous welfare system and many illegals. Our taxes keep going up to support them because most in Illinois are on welfare and most of those on welfare are illegals.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:51 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
In Illinois we have a generous welfare system and many illegals. Our taxes keep going up to support them because most in Illinois are on welfare and most of those on welfare are illegals.
This is interesting. I would like to read the sources you got this from, thanks

Old 04-12-2015, 03:55 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,854,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This is interesting. I would like to read the sources you got this from, thanks
I'm on a tablet and unable to link but Google 75% on welfare Illinois illegal immigrants. Two sites are Chicago Now and CIS.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:02 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I'm on a tablet and unable to link but Google 75% on welfare Illinois illegal immigrants. Two sites are Chicago Now and CIS.
You're relying on a source that is pretty biased. How about some government data? This is like relying on the Chamber of Commerce for studies that no business regulations are the best. Of course they're gonna say that!

Old 04-12-2015, 11:44 PM

11,480 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You're relying on a source that is pretty biased. How about some government data? This is like relying on the Chamber of Commerce for studies that no business regulations are the best. Of course they're gonna say that!
And, in your research, what have you found?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration