Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 07:15 AM

893 posts, read 1,204,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
We really don't need any more foreigners here IMO. We've kind of had it with excessive immigration. They take jobs from Americans because they work for less, they send a lot of money out of the country, and they bring their parents over here and put them on social services which takes away from the people who have actually paid for them. Having "Anchor Babies" or purposefully marrying an American citizen are particularly offensive and dishonest. Sorry for being so blunt, but this is the way many Americans feel.
This is how many American bigots feel. The rest of us understand the concept of freedom of movement and support your decision to live and work wherever you want. Good luck!

Old 05-22-2015, 07:18 AM

893 posts, read 1,204,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You seem undecided in what you want since you keep using the term "I think". By the way, we are a nation based on Christianity so being an atheist it might not be the country for you (not that we don't have atheists that live here). Find a way to come here legally is my advice not illegally and trying to marry an American citizen for the purpose of staying here is against the law. We can't always have what we desire in life so keep that in mind.
Also this is incorrect - this nation is not based on Christianity, but unfortunately (as you can see from this post) religious extremists are trying to force their religion onto the rest of us, so there is that to take into consideration if you really do want to move here.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:28 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,293,494 times
Default I want to marry an american women

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible_alien View Post
Ok! I got it. Thanks everyone for responses. Maybe I should consider moving to some other country that is more welcoming to immigrants or just stay at my home country

Maybe I should just stay at my home country.

(I edited the post to keep the important point) Good, we agree, stay in your home country.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:03 PM

62,720 posts, read 28,927,636 times
There is no such thing as freedom of movement that includes being able to live or work anywhere you want as all countries have immigration laws and rightly so! There is nothing bigoted about us or any other country having such laws to protect their own citizens.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:32 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,089,359 times
Here is a hot tip, OP. My sources tell me that the fiancee (Cylvia Hayes) of former Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber is now available for this kind of gig, especially because the Governor is unemployed now. She has experience in this kind of "international marriage" thing and she's really cute for a 47 year old.

You are welcome. Feel free to PayPal a "donation" into my account for this tip.

Mick

Old 05-29-2015, 01:59 PM

491 posts, read 322,970 times
Is OP Indian or something?

Old 06-01-2015, 08:30 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,181,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If the OP isn't a troll---I agree with Harpaint---we've had it with excessive immigration---both legal and illegal. That said, I have respect for those who obey our immigration laws and patiently await their turn to come here. However, this country simply can not continue to take in 1 million legal immigrants per year.

OP---are you from India? If so, I must say this---I'm so tired of Indians wanting to come here only to eventually get a US passport and not caring about being a part of our society. Far too many Indians want that American passport so that they can travel to other parts of the world. Apparently, many countries don't let Indians in on tourist visas because they worry that they won't go home.

We also don't need anymore foreign-born IT workers when we have thousands of unemployed experienced American citizen IT workers. I don't know why you can't come on an H1-B but to be honest, this doesn't make me sad at all.
Best post of the thread ...

Old 06-01-2015, 06:49 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,871,736 times
Default No Honor!

The OP will do anything legle or not to gain access to America. Plus if he really roped in a American Girl, it will not last.
This idea is a agenda.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:34 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,400,333 times
Move here to America. Fall in love, have one fall in love with you, propose to her and get married. The end. Quit whining over it and do it.

BY THE WAY, I don't believe in marriage personally. I've had a few foreign men propose to me when I was younger and I **KNEW** that they only wanted the green card. I rejected them. I'm EXTREMELY wary about foreign men trying to propose to me or ask me for marriage. I rarely would even consider dating them.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:53 PM

50,149 posts, read 46,802,981 times
A good buddy of mine almost got duped like this. They got married in Mexico and "thank god" they didn't get married here before he found out her lil "plan". It turns out she despises his existing son from a previous marriage and in a drunken rant spilled the beans.

I told him next trip down to Mexico burn her passport and exit in the middle of the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration