U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 03:25 PM

8,831 posts, read 8,963,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Legal immigration is ok just as long as they aren't replacing Americans on their jobs just like illegal aliens are doing.
Americans have been in the process of being replaced by legal immigrants for decades. Don't you read VDARE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 05:36 PM

31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Americans have been in the process of being replaced by legal immigrants for decades. Don't you read VDARE?
Um, no I don't.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:09 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They don't pay in enough taxes to offset their huge social costs. Yeah, we know about the greedy employers who hire them and they do so to increase their profits not because they can't find an American to do the job for a fair wage. They and their illegal employees are breaking the law.

Your exactly right, Oldglory do not get me started, I can go on for hours on end with this Italian temper.

I know about greedy employers, or should I say Construction Owners, who do hire illegal help, and it pisses me too know end.

How do I know, in 2010 we had a huge undertaking over $150,000 in additions and another 3rd car garage added, with other things being done.

I was told too to my face by a illegal worker, how easy it is to get employed by Americans who hire them. That was it, and most of you know how the story went. Talked about it loads on here. And the other thing that really pissedd me off was that this worker also told me, all the money they make gets sent right back to family in Mexico.

Yes I did what I was suppose to do, and today as of a couple years, the owner of this Construction business, is no longer in business.

And the idiot was also Italian like me, talk about two tempers, we both went at it, I let him have it, up the ying yang.

Owners who hire illegal help, ought to be punishable by law. Or make it a new law.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:50 PM

3,074 posts, read 3,335,346 times
Don't worry California-Jewel. Some of those homeowners get theirs in the end. In our business, you would not believe the messes we have to fix for homeowners who decided to go cheap and hire illegals to do the work. We suggest to the homeowner to get the company back to repair the work or complain to the Better Business Bureau and see if they can help, and they have to tell us that the people they hired were a group of illegals. It's more prevalent here where we are than other areas, though, and not everyone does shoddy work.

There is dangerous work being done to load bearing walls, roofs, flooring. We've found hot wires--bare wires with no wing nuts--stuck up into attics--insulation burned where the wires had touched and sparked, flooring not even secured, in one home we repaired the entire wall shook when you closed the door. We've found load bearing walls cut away with ceilings sagging. The homeowners pay triple what they would have paid had they hired a legitimate company who hired legal workers because we have to tear out the shoddy work and restore it properly.

We heard from one of our roofer referral companies that an illegal immigrant sued a homeowner because he fell off their roof while working and found out his employer didn't cover him with workers' comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

I was told too to my face by a illegal worker, how easy it is to get employed by Americans who hire them. That was it, and most of you know how the story went. Talked about it loads on here. And the other thing that really pissedd me off was that this worker also told me, all the money they make gets sent right back to family in Mexico.

Yes I did what I was suppose to do, and today as of a couple years, the owner of this Construction business, is no longer in business.

And the idiot was also Italian like me, talk about two tempers, we both went at it, I let him have it, up the ying yang.

Owners who hire illegal help, ought to be punishable by law. Or make it a new law.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:28 PM

5,877 posts, read 4,022,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Ramos replied that “it’s immigration,” because “Latinos cannot see beyond immigration right now. It’s a very simple concept, Sean — people won’t vote for a candidate who will deport your father, your friends, your colleagues, and your students.”

Sean Hannity gets schooled on immigration: “People won’t vote for a candidate who will deport your father” - Salon.com

Mr Ramos: I WILL vote for the candidate who WILL deport your illegal alien relatives. Too; try saying THAT in Mexico; you and your people WILL be locked up if there illegally.
I will support candidates that will deport illegals and enforce the rule of law. This isn't a racial issue like leftists try to claim, I don't care if you're illegal from Candada, Germany, Mexico, or Russia. The law is the law.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:28 AM

31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Don't worry California-Jewel. Some of those homeowners get theirs in the end. In our business, you would not believe the messes we have to fix for homeowners who decided to go cheap and hire illegals to do the work. We suggest to the homeowner to get the company back to repair the work or complain to the Better Business Bureau and see if they can help, and they have to tell us that the people they hired were a group of illegals. It's more prevalent here where we are than other areas, though, and not everyone does shoddy work.

There is dangerous work being done to load bearing walls, roofs, flooring. We've found hot wires--bare wires with no wing nuts--stuck up into attics--insulation burned where the wires had touched and sparked, flooring not even secured, in one home we repaired the entire wall shook when you closed the door. We've found load bearing walls cut away with ceilings sagging. The homeowners pay triple what they would have paid had they hired a legitimate company who hired legal workers because we have to tear out the shoddy work and restore it properly.

We heard from one of our roofer referral companies that an illegal immigrant sued a homeowner because he fell off their roof while working and found out his employer didn't cover him with workers' comp.
I know of a similar incident in regards to shoddy workmanship building homes. Yet the pro-illegals brag about what great workers they are. Well I am sure some of them are but if they aren't doing the work correctly what difference does it make?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or