Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 08:25 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Agreed.

I, too, will vote for a candidate who will deport someone's illegal alien relatives.

Surprise! So will I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 10:04 AM

17,613 posts, read 17,649,156 times
Question, how many legal US voters are not related to illegal aliens compared to the number of "legal" voters related to illegal aliens? I will vote for candidates who will work to deport illegal aliens who haven't begun the process of becoming legal residents and will work to secure our nation's southern border and enforce our nation's immigration laws that are already on the books.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:43 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,215 times
The large % of guys I worked with were Hispanic. My wife is Hispanic, as are obviously my in-laws. None of them, or any Hispanic I know, has any use for illegals and would love to them all sent back.
They refer to illegals as "Wets", which isn't a team of endearment...

Old 04-18-2015, 02:26 PM

62,892 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
The large % of guys I worked with were Hispanic. My wife is Hispanic, as are obviously my in-laws. None of them, or any Hispanic I know, has any use for illegals and would love to them all sent back.
They refer to illegals as "Wets", which isn't a team of endearment...
How about a reality check now. All the polls show that the majority of Hispanics are pro-amnesty for illegal aliens. There are dozens of so-called "immigrant rights" groups demanding the same and the majority of them are Hispanic members. One of their largest organizations is the NCLR and they are pro-amnesty. What about all those marches? Most of the marchers were Hispanics also. These are just the raw facts and I can't help but reiterate the truth since you brought Hispanics into this conversation. Yes, there are some who don't support illegals or amnesty but unfortunately they are among the minority. Those who have roots from south of our border are mostly pro-amnesty.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:08 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Bueller View Post
None of the candidates,even Cruz,are border hawks. Most though are pragmatic enough(even Rubio)to know the GOP base does not at this time want "comprehensive immigration reform". Jeb on the other hand,seems obsessed with the issue to the point of distraction.
Rubio is one of the Senators who put his name to the bipartisan Senate Amnesty Bill the House has ignored, rather than create a record of each rep's vote.

2016 will be the 30 year anniversary of the 1986 Amnesty/ Immigration Reform Bill. Reagan promiced to secure the borders and crack down on employment of undocumented workers. He never got around to it. Neither did those who followed. It has not mattered who sat the over or held the majority.

"Doing nothing" is no accident.
" Doing nothing" became defacto amnesty.

No President is going to preside over mass deportation.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 04-18-2015 at 04:17 PM..

Old 04-18-2015, 05:38 PM

963 posts, read 689,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
My vote for President is going to be decided mainly on this issue, in large part because I see the candidates as being mostly the same across the board.

If they're both pro-amnesty on Election Day 2016, I'll vote third party.
So you'll give the office to Hillary.

Work your butt off to get Ted Cruz elected. He will abolish O bamacare AND the corrupt IRS.

Rand lovers, I wonder how many of you know he's very friendly to ILLEGAL immigration. Thanks to his libertarian streak!

Old 04-18-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Rubio is one of the Senators who put his name to the bipartisan Senate Amnesty Bill the House has ignored, rather than create a record of each rep's vote.

2016 will be the 30 year anniversary of the 1986 Amnesty/ Immigration Reform Bill. Reagan promiced to secure the borders and crack down on employment of undocumented workers. He never got around to it. Neither did those who followed. It has not mattered who sat the over or held the majority.

"Doing nothing" is no accident.
" Doing nothing" became defacto amnesty.

No President is going to preside over mass deportation.
But SOME will push for policies that could cause millions to self-deport! THEN they will hopefully push policies that force the lazy class to take those jobs "Americans won't do."

Old 04-18-2015, 06:03 PM

62,892 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
But SOME will push for policies that could cause millions to self-deport! THEN they will hopefully push policies that force the lazy class to take those jobs "Americans won't do."
First of all it is a myth that Americans are too lazy to do the jobs that illegals are doing. Who did them before the arrival of cheap, illegal labor? Let's set that lie to rest right now! Having said that it is true that without any means to support themselves thru jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship many if not most would self deport.

It was congress that didn't follow thru with border security with the 1986 amnesty, not Reagan. That is why he lived to regret signing it. And for those who call them "undocumented workers" that isn't what they are. They are illegal aliens. Not all of them are working and they have plenty of documents all fake or stolen. Sick of the PC language to deflect from what they actually are.

There were plenty of good reasons for the House not to pass the Senate bill as all it was is amnesty with another idiotic claim to secure the border just as in 1986. Not only that but e-verify was only going to go into effect 5 years after signing it and it wouldn't include making current hires pass it. Only new hires. It was no solution to the problem at all. At least not for the American people. Better to keep the status quo than to reward them for violating our immigration laws and adding them permanently to our society and possible citizenship at a later date. No thanks!

Old 04-18-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
First of all it is a myth that Americans are too lazy to do the jobs that illegals are doing. Who did them before the arrival of cheap, illegal labor? Let's set that lie to rest right now! Having said that it is true that without any means to support themselves thru jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship many if not most would self deport.

It was congress that didn't follow thru with border security with the 1986 amnesty, not Reagan. That is why he lived to regret signing it. And for those who call them "undocumented workers" that isn't what they are. They are illegal aliens. Not all of them are working and they have plenty of documents all fake or stolen. Sick of the PC language to deflect from what they actually are.

There were plenty of good reasons for the House not to pass the Senate bill as all it was is amnesty with another idiotic claim to secure the border just as in 1986. Not only that but e-verify was only going to go into effect 5 years after signing it and it wouldn't include making current hires pass it. Only new hires. It was no solution to the problem at all. At least not for the American people. Better to keep the status quo than to reward them for violating our immigration laws and adding them permanently to our society and possible citizenship at a later date. No thanks!
Sorry, but a lot has changed since the Godvernment made it easier to NOT work. We have 3 generastions where a good percentage thinks most physical work is beneath them.

Read how Maine has changed that though!

Quote:
Gov. Paul LePage announced Wednesday that Maine will no longer seek a federal waiver that allows some able-bodied adults to receive food stamps without fulfilling work requirements.

“We must continue to do all that we can to eliminate generational poverty and get people back to work,” LePage said in a statement announcing the change, which would take effect Oct. 1. “We must protect our limited resources for those who are truly in need and who are doing all they can to be self-sufficient.”

LePage: Maine will no longer waive food stamp work requirements - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

Old 04-18-2015, 06:43 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,905,506 times
"Illegals" pay around $11.8 billion in taxes per year. Some one's hiring them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration