Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 07:42 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times

Advertisements

Athens (AFP) - The number of illegal migrants arriving in Greece by sea has tripled in the first three months of 2015, the Greek coast guard said Thursday.

The period saw 10,445 migrants arriving, compared with 2,863 for the corresponding months last year.

Illegal migrants arriving by sea in Greece triple in 2015

Time to open up detention camps and hold those illegal aliens till they can be sent home. Too; def NO birthright citizenship for ANY kids born in 1 of those places either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 01:43 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Interesting. I used to spend summers in Greece back in the 90s. Back then they had an issue with Albanian immigrants, similar to the US issues with Mexico and Central America. Much like what happens in the US, the Albanians were put to work and resented at the same time.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:38 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Interesting. I used to spend summers in Greece back in the 90s. Back then they had an issue with Albanian immigrants, similar to the US issues with Mexico and Central America. Much like what happens in the US, the Albanians were put to work and resented at the same time.
Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants". Those who put illegal aliens to work are lawbreakers and of course they love them because they increase their profits by working for less. They are resented by regular Americans who have lost their jobs to them, had their taxes increased by paying their social costs, increased crime rates (including those who have had their ID's stolen by them) and any number of social problems and overcrowding by their presence here.....and rightly so! There is plenty of justification for this resentment.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:46 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Athens (AFP) - The number of illegal migrants arriving in Greece by sea has tripled in the first three months of 2015, the Greek coast guard said Thursday.

The period saw 10,445 migrants arriving, compared with 2,863 for the corresponding months last year.

Illegal migrants arriving by sea in Greece triple in 2015

Time to open up detention camps and hold those illegal aliens till they can be sent home. Too; def NO birthright citizenship for ANY kids born in 1 of those places either.
Nowhere in the EU has birthright citizenship unless one of the parents is a citizen or permanent resident of one of those countries, so that is not a concern. Birthright citizenship or not, they are still being born there and still living there even if they are not legally citizens or permanent residents.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Nowhere in the EU has birthright citizenship unless one of the parents is a citizen or permanent resident of one of those countries, so that is not a concern. Birthright citizenship or not, they are still being born there and still living there even if they are not legally citizens or permanent residents.
Going by what you just said: ANY of those local born people in Europe CAN be deported on sight if neither parent is "legal". Including a German born kid with 2 US citizen or LatAm parents.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants". Those who put illegal aliens to work are lawbreakers and of course they love them because they increase their profits by working for less. They are resented by regular Americans who have lost their jobs to them, had their taxes increased by paying their social costs, increased crime rates (including those who have had their ID's stolen by them) and any number of social problems and overcrowding by their presence here.....and rightly so! There is plenty of justification for this resentment.
I thought we were talking about Greece.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
I thought we were talking about Greece.
The topic of this forum is illegal immigration in general. You brought up Mexico and Central America not me.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:13 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,374,430 times
As if Greece doesn't have enough problems. It is now the economic basket case of Europe but it shows you how desperate these third world migrants are that they will show in a country in economic callapse as opposed to staying in the corrupt dung heaps they live in now.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The topic of this forum is illegal immigration in general. You brought up Mexico and Central America not me.
I did. I think my point was lost. I'm much less worried about terms (illegal immigrants, immigrants, "illegals") than the actual issues. I understand the resentment, I possess quite a bit of it myself. What I found interesting back when I spent summers in Greece was the similar situation there with Albanians, not legal, yet given jobs just like happens here. There was a lot of griping, yet they were put to work. I know nothing about the recent folks invading (does that term appeal better?) Greece. I do know that country cannot take much more.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
I did. I think my point was lost. I'm much less worried about terms (illegal immigrants, immigrants, "illegals") than the actual issues. I understand the resentment, I possess quite a bit of it myself. What I found interesting back when I spent summers in Greece was the similar situation there with Albanians, not legal, yet given jobs just like happens here. There was a lot of griping, yet they were put to work. I know nothing about the recent folks invading (does that term appeal better?) Greece. I do know that country cannot take much more.
It's not about worry but calling them what they are instead of PC terms. Those who use those PC terms are usually illegal alien sympathizers. What you fail to understand is that those who give illegal aliens jobs whether it be in Greece, here or anywhere else do not represent the majority of the populace. Therefore, the majority of the populace resent them because it is they that have to deal with their social issues, loss of jobs, reduced wages and higher taxes. Naturally those who profit from them don't resent them. That's not rocket science, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration