U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-26-2008, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Rosarito Beach
334 posts, read 707,037 times
Reputation: 50

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
30-40 MILLION illegal aliens is the largest invasion in the history of mankind.

No healthy sovereign nation on earth would allow this to happen. The following from a country that has immigration under control.




THE FOLLOWING IMMIGRATION LAWS SHOULD BE ENACTED......

1 There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
2. All ballots will be in this nation's language.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
3.. All government business will be conducted in our language.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long
they are here.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
6 Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no
food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.
Any burden will be deported.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount
at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
8. If foreigners come here and buy land... Options will be
restricted. Certain parcels including waterfront property are reserved
for citizens naturally born into this country.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
9.. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving of
a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president
or his policies. These will lead to deportation.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be actively
hunted &, when caught, sent to jail until your deportation can be
arranged. All assets will be taken from you..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Harsh, you say?.......

The above laws are the current immigration laws of MEXICO.
What a fool . . . .

 
Old 03-26-2008, 11:18 AM
 
582 posts, read 1,694,203 times
Reputation: 261
Forget spanish! let's learn french,italian or chinese and everyone will feel better.
 
Old 03-26-2008, 11:24 AM
 
582 posts, read 1,694,203 times
Reputation: 261
Hey pancho put a lot of hot sauce in that burrito so that snow bird will stop talking english in our country.
 
Old 03-26-2008, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 1,889,065 times
Reputation: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Hey pancho put a lot of hot sauce in that burrito so that snow bird will stop talking english in our country.
??????????????
 
Old 03-26-2008, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 1,889,065 times
Reputation: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Forget spanish! let's learn french,italian or chinese and everyone will feel better.
It's not about what language it is genuis, it's about it being a CHOICE. Learning a second language is great if you WANT TO, not because you HAVE TO to communicate with those too lazy to learn the language of the country THEY CHOSE to move to. Once again people have to pull out the "you guys just don't like it because it's Spanish, if it were French or German you wouldn't have a problem", i.e., a variation of the race card. Problem is, none of you have a reasonable answer to why Spanish speakers deserve to be catered to when all other immigrant languages are not.
 
Old 03-26-2008, 02:01 PM
 
162 posts, read 280,589 times
Reputation: 52
What makes you think I trust you??? LOL
One question for ya, have you ever been outside the US? If so, where was that? Just curiosity...
 
Old 03-26-2008, 02:08 PM
 
582 posts, read 1,694,203 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
It's not about what language it is genuis, it's about it being a CHOICE. Learning a second language is great if you WANT TO, not because you HAVE TO to communicate with those too lazy to learn the language of the country THEY CHOSE to move to. Once again people have to pull out the "you guys just don't like it because it's Spanish, if it were French or German you wouldn't have a problem", i.e., a variation of the race card. Problem is, none of you have a reasonable answer to why Spanish speakers deserve to be catered to when all other immigrant languages are not.
Oh please...if you walked into an italian restaurant and some of the employees didn't speak english you wouldn't give a rat's @#$.
 
Old 03-26-2008, 03:36 PM
 
451 posts, read 201,011 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Oh please...if you walked into an italian restaurant and some of the employees didn't speak english you wouldn't give a rat's @#$.

This is completely true, its just that when the racists of this country, a lot of which share their thoughts in these threads, hear Spanish it remids them of
how powerful yet foreign this language is.
 
Old 03-26-2008, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Houston
79 posts, read 27,235 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
What a fool . . . .
Those ARE NOT the current laws. Wow...living in la la land.
 
Old 03-26-2008, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Houston
79 posts, read 27,235 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
"Embracing Spanish"

Why do I have to embrace a language other than English? It is NOT progress to kowtow to the political correctness of multi-culturalism when it comes to common language.

People are free to practice their culture - religion - language in their homes, teach them to their children - and take pride in their heritage.

When you enter the United States work force - the schools - the municipal buildings - the highways - the marketplace - speak AND read ENGLISH.

This country was built on the concept of a "melting pot" - people coming from many places and many backrounds to become AMERICANS - it seems now some people want to change that concept to a "Fruit Salad" where all the parts mix yet stay seperate and different.

How many languages to you think we should all EMBRACE? There are over a BILLION Chinese people in the world - should we embrace all those dialects as well? What if we get a huge influx of Korean immigrants - do you want to press "3" for Korean?
But we live in a Global Market. Because it is better for your brain...work out your brain once in awhile. We are not saying make any one lanuage the "official" lanuage, but don't knock down the fact that someone speaks another lanuage and you don't.

And some cities do have it. Where I used to work (a major telecomm co.), we had a prompt for Spanish, Portugese, French-Creole and Mandarin (Chinese)....because we lived in a very diverse city and those were the most spoken lanuages. So if there is a business need...yes there will be press 3 for Korean! Why would you press 3 anyway if you don't speak Korean?

What is your problem with diversity? I don't want to be like you or anybody else. Yes, I speak english, follow the laws. But don't expect me to follow traditions of people who came over on the Mayflower, when I have a culture of my own.

I love this Country. I love baseball, football, hot dogs, and the simpsons like the next man, but I also love my culture and the cultures of others. When you learn about others, it only makes you GROW as a person. You benefit from being open-minded, and accepting of others.

So we should all be Christians too? No Jews, Catholics, Hindus or any other faith..because we should be melting into one same thing? RIGHT NOW!!!!

What is wrong with being different. This country is built on immigrants. We can not all be the same. Then why eat Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Greek or any other ethnic foods? We all should be eating corn, mash potatos and meatloaf???

Give me a break. Stop focusing on what makes us different and look at what makes us the same.

Last edited by John75; 03-26-2008 at 04:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top