Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2008, 03:54 PM

185 posts, read 354,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
This is completely true, its just that when the racists of this country, a lot of which share their thoughts in these threads, hear Spanish it remids them of
how powerful yet foreign this language is.
"Powerful, foreign, remids, yet"

What?!

Old 03-26-2008, 04:01 PM

79 posts, read 46,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post

What?!
You get it. Are we here for english or writing lessons now too?

Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM

582 posts, read 2,033,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post

What?!
It means anyone that speaks spanish is an illegal.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,022,060 times
Quote:
This is completely true, its just that when the racists of this country, a lot of which share their thoughts in these threads, hear Spanish it remids them of
There is no Hispanic race--------in fact: many people legally counted as Latino are White supremacist; in particular, from Argentina, Chile, Spain as well as Uruguay.

You must be inferring that all Hispanic people are Spanish speaking Indians or Mestizos.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 03-26-2008 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: Spelling error

Old 03-26-2008, 05:10 PM

969 posts, read 2,842,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John75 View Post
But we live in a Global Market. Because it is better for your brain...work out your brain once in awhile. We are not saying make any one lanuage the "official" lanuage, but don't knock down the fact that someone speaks another lanuage and you don't.

..........What is your problem with diversity? .
You may live in Global Market - I live in Maryland - Grasonville, MD USA.

My brain works just fine - and so did my Grandparent's - all FOUR of them were immigrants - came to this country in the early 1900's and EXPECTED that there FIRST responsibility was to learn the language of their CHOSEN COUNTRY.

They did not expect/nor were they offered "culturally correct" citizenship, driving, GED, tests in their language. They came to America to become AMERICANS.

They spoke their native language at home - and their children (MY PARENTS) understood it. I know a few words here and there (but more than they think I know so that they would talk in front of me while I acted clueless )

This is the experience I have as the grandchild of immigrants

Old 03-26-2008, 05:57 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,364,963 times
Quote:
Once again, do you plan on catering to Chinese, Japanese, Punjabi, Tagalogue? Or are Spanish speaking people special? Who exactly is the racist? You want to make exceptions for your own race, but not others? And how exactly is wanting Spanish speaking people to do as all other immigrants do when they move to this country and learn English?

Old 03-26-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATOGAMO View Post
What makes you think I trust you??? LOL
One question for ya, have you ever been outside the US? If so, where was that? Just curiosity...
Who exactly are you talking to since there is no reference?

Old 03-26-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Oh please...if you walked into an italian restaurant and some of the employees didn't speak english you wouldn't give a rat's @#$.
Nope, I sure wouldn't. And if the size of the problem was just those in Mexican restuarants speaking Spanish I would also care less. But when millions of tax dollars are spent for schools and government paperwork for people too lazy to learn English then THAT is when I have a problem. If the language in question was Italian, German, French or any other European language (since you are inferring that if it were a 'white' language I wouldn't mind) my feelings would be the EXACT SAME. However, if the tables were turned and YOU were expected to learn Punjabi due to a mass influx of immigrants from India who refused to learn English I would bet big money your feelings would be different, with them not being "your own". Seems a bit hypocritical inferring that I'm the racist, don't you think?

Old 03-26-2008, 06:24 PM

79 posts, read 46,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
You may live in Global Market - I live in Maryland - Grasonville, MD USA.

My brain works just fine - and so did my Grandparent's - all FOUR of them were immigrants - came to this country in the early 1900's and EXPECTED that there FIRST responsibility was to learn the language of their CHOSEN COUNTRY.

They did not expect/nor were they offered "culturally correct" citizenship, driving, GED, tests in their language. They came to America to become AMERICANS.

They spoke their native language at home - and their children (MY PARENTS) understood it. I know a few words here and there (but more than they think I know so that they would talk in front of me while I acted clueless )

This is the experience I have as the grandchild of immigrants
Well, simply becasue they weren't enough of them to demand anything. Nice argument.

I am sure..that you have lost most of their culture and don't speak the lanuage of your ancestors.

You are just another typical American. No spice or anything extra. Sounds pretty boring to me.

You see...I enjoy the things you do, and MORE! That is what many "All-Americans" envy.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:35 PM

162 posts, read 325,751 times
Default This is hilarious... people is discussing what language to speak? ... whats next?

This topic is a waste of time, it is ridiculous. If you speak English, good for ya, if you speak Spanish, good for you too. If you speak both languages, awesome, if you speak Italian, French, German and any other language, WOW, you are one of a kind.
I want to make sure everybody understand that learning a foreign language involves preparation and dedication. If you want to be bilingual or trilingual, you can't buy those skills at the convenience store. You have to learn them and once you master them, the satisfaction is priceless.
To all the posters, stop criticizing, as Americans we have to stick together
regardless of race.
The "melting pot" makes no sense if we are profiling people, like somebody
mentioned earlier, this is becoming more of a "fruit salad".
God bless America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration