U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Reputation: 107

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I can see the lib party in general using this as a tactic come election time.
Perhaps you'd clear something up for me?

I hear people say 'liberal' 'conservative' democratic party, republican party, but I don't know that there is any agreement on just who the labels apply to.

I had a recent discussion with a person who said Bush was a liberal.

(Bush is definitely a 'radical' but he doesn't represent 'liberal values.

I hear amnesty is a liberal idea, but Republicans originated it and propose it.

Some democratic party members say they are for amnesty, and others say they are not.

Strong borders are a mainstay of most people in the Democratic Party.

As stated above, some 'liberals', or people who consider themselves 'liberals', hold one opinion and it may mirror another's opinion who call themself a conservative.

My question is, ...do you really think your generalizations are all that accurate?

For myself, I see the Republican party and conservatives making amnesty a big deal in the coming election, .....but I don't expect them to actually act on what they promise.

When you say something is not a party issue, it doesn't ring so clear when in the same breath, you make claims that it is a party issue.

If 'party' planks, or party promises are going to be an issue, I think it's more important to make sure we represent them clearly.


And that means not just the planks and the promises, but also a realistic look at the actions or inactions regarding those promises.

I can't see any evidence that the Republican Party will be any better on this issue than any other party.

I think the evidence from the last 35 years makes that fairly plain.

They've continually promised one thing, and delivered the opposite.

I'm ready to try some new people in power, ....doing the same thing over and over with no results isn't very productive as far as I can see.
.
..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2008, 10:10 PM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,182,711 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Perhaps you'd clear something up for me?

I hear people say 'liberal' 'conservative' democratic party, republican party, but I don't know that there is any agreement on just who the labels apply to.

I had a recent discussion with a person who said Bush was a liberal.

(Bush is definitely a 'radical' but he doesn't represent 'liberal values.

I hear amnesty is a liberal idea, but Republicans originated it and propose it.

Some democratic party members say they are for amnesty, and others say they are not.

Strong borders are a mainstay of most people in the Democratic Party.

As stated above, some 'liberals', or people who consider themselves 'liberals', hold one opinion and it may mirror another's opinion who call themself a conservative.

My question is, ...do you really think your generalizations are all that accurate?

For myself, I see the Republican party and conservatives making amnesty a big deal in the coming election, .....but I don't expect them to actually act on what they promise.

When you say something is not a party issue, it doesn't ring so clear when in the same breath, you make claims that it is a party issue.

If 'party' planks, or party promises are going to be an issue, I think it's more important to make sure we represent them clearly.


And that means not just the planks and the promises, but also a realistic look at the actions or inactions regarding those promises.

I can't see any evidence that the Republican Party will be any better on this issue than any other party.

I think the evidence from the last 35 years makes that fairly plain.

They've continually promised one thing, and delivered the opposite.

I'm ready to try some new people in power, ....doing the same thing over and over with no results isn't very productive as far as I can see.
.
..

Now that has to be am all time funny one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 10:19 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Now that has to be am all time funny one.
Is it something you can prove is not true?

Have you got evidence to support your contention that I'm stating their Party plank incorrectly?

When we look at strong enforcement of our borders, who suggested selling our ports to Arab countries?

Who has refused to provide strong borders despite being in a position to provide it for any number of years?

I don't find any humor in the fact that what is complained about is something the Republican Party has not done when they were in power, what's funny about that?

Are you so sure you haven't accepted a talking point without verifying it's reality?

You scoff at one party, but can provide no evidence that the other has shown themselves to be substantially any different as far as results.


I'm amused by that disconnect....
.
..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 10:30 PM
 
Location: Small patch of terra firma
1,275 posts, read 2,123,814 times
Reputation: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
People will have to present proof of citizenship, usually in the form of a passport or a birth certificate. A driver's license is not proof of citizenship
Its simple, if you leave your home take your key with you so you can get back into your home. The passport is your key.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 10:30 PM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,182,711 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Is it something you can prove is not true?

Have you got evidence to support your contention that I'm stating their Party plank incorrectly?

When we look at strong enforcement of our borders, who suggested selling our ports to Arab countries?

Who has refused to provide strong borders despite being in a position to provide it for any number of years?

I don't find any humor in the fact that what is complained about is something the Republican Party has not done when they were in power, what's funny about that?

Are you so sure you haven't accepted a talking point without verifying it's reality?

You scoff at one party, but can provide no evidence that the other has shown themselves to be substantially any different as far as results.


I'm amused by that disconnect....
.
..

Please link me to what the heck the dems have ever done to secure our borders? Your asking me to find you facts, you refuted my post, now get me some facts and then I will give you some more time to consider your post.

I will be waiting on the facts of your party doing anything but wanting open borders. Wonder why someone here posted, do you think the dems will be hurt by there stance on being pro illegal? Go back to that post if you want more info.

I do not know one single person personally who is a rep who is for the illegals, they all want the borders closed and illegals deported. Now, the few dems I know all speak of being nice to them, feeling sorry for them, they need a chance type of thing.

Sorry, you want me to do your homework, I will not. My opinion stands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 10:38 PM
 
214 posts, read 425,471 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
That is what they make machine guns for.

Time to stop the insanity and protect our borders.

Seriously, we need to protect the borders and if you have to use force so be it.

Come on, I went to Canada side of Niagara Falls last spring and they did everything except for a blood test on me. Even had to take out everything in the van, let them go through my bags etc. I have no problem with that at all.
That is the way it is suppose to work.

They need high tech equipment at the border to cross ref fingerprints, backgrounds, medical problems etc.


** Watch... the libs will make this into an issue that we are cold hearted and turning the poor people away. Wait and see!

You could have gotten across without the hassle f you just walked across our wide open border like most illegals go up there .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 10:56 PM
 
214 posts, read 425,471 times
Reputation: 64
This is not a democrat or republican problem it is a citizen problem . Both parties have no respect what-so-ever for what we want . They are damn liars who have all but destroyed this nation .

But the real problem lies with 'we the people' ! We have sat back and entertained ourselves and our spoiled kids until we don't even have the gumption to get off our tv or game playing ass and take back our nation . We sat in our homes and offices and allowed millions of illegal criminals to fly their flags in our complacent cowardly faces and demand more of our hard earned resources .

Our nation is filling up with the enemy , our healthcare is degressing , deseases are rampant ,hospitals closing and being infected ,property values going down and jobs leaving for other nations .

We allow radical sects to come to our n-hoods and play ugly loud music 5 times a day , throw out our culture and worship all others who invade to make this into where they came from, not assimilate or join but to take over and seperate .

It's us not them who gave this great nation away . We could have peacefully stopped it from the start, now it's probably too late . So don't put the blame on what politicians do, because they do what they always do when the people leave them to their vices .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post

Sorry, you want me to do your homework,
Not what I asked....

You offered your opinion,

I asked if you could cite any evidence to back up that opinion.

You can have your opinion,

....what you can't have is your own set of facts.

If you don't care to cite any facts, I don't need you to find out the facts, I'm not asking if you can 'do my homework'.

I asked if you could cite any conclusive proof to back up your opinion,

Maybe you can, maybe you can't, .......you chose not to.
.
..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2008, 08:06 AM
 
Location: On my way to FLA baby !!
1,999 posts, read 1,182,711 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Not what I asked....

You offered your opinion,

I asked if you could cite any evidence to back up that opinion.

You can have your opinion,

....what you can't have is your own set of facts.

If you don't care to cite any facts, I don't need you to find out the facts, I'm not asking if you can 'do my homework'.

I asked if you could cite any conclusive proof to back up your opinion,

Maybe you can, maybe you can't, .......you chose not to.
.
..
I do not have to convince you, your beyond that.

Link me to any dem who has sponsored a bill against illegals?
Prove to me I am wrong.

Until then I wont be even reading your post, its a waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2008, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Hutto, Tx
9,196 posts, read 22,888,131 times
Reputation: 2771
Believe it or not, there were a very few new democratic senators from the last election who voted against benefits for illegals. Grassfire.org may have the listings somewhere. But as I recall, It was only maybe two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top