U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-17-2008, 01:49 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Reputation: 22525

Advertisements

Not sure if anyone has been following the MS 13 vandalism "Kill Whites" grafitti artists' strike on a Viet Veterans Memorial, but while trying to find any results of investigation, I came across links to articles about subsequent vandalism at the same site.

WTNH.com, Connecticut News and Weather - War memorial vandalized again

Interestingly, I also came across links to articles about similar vandalism happening in other states including my own (in Escondido, CA) perpetrated recently at veteran memorials. Worth mentioning - I never heard about it in our local news.

There are three different videos linked to the webpage I pasted here, in case anyone wants to see the latest.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2008, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Houston, Texas
10,425 posts, read 43,523,011 times
Reputation: 10329
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Not sure if anyone has been following the MS 13 vandalism "Kill Whites" grafitti artists' strike on a Viet Veterans Memorial, but while trying to find any results of investigation, I came across links to articles about subsequent vandalism at the same site.

WTNH.com, Connecticut News and Weather - War memorial vandalized again

Interestingly, I also came across links to articles about similar vandalism happening in other states including my own (in Escondido, CA) perpetrated recently at veteran memorials. Worth mentioning - I never heard about it in our local news.

There are three different videos linked to the webpage I pasted here, in case anyone wants to see the latest.
I didn't look at the link but now these thugs are destroying or damaging the Vietnam Memorial you say? That has to be the ultimate mockery on America to me. How can this happen when there are 24/7 guards there? I guess the guns that MS carries are bigger then the guns the armed guards of the Memorial carry.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 02:13 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Reputation: 22525
The vandalism in question happened at a memorial in New Haven CT as the link indicates. The do not have armed guards nor do they have cameras - but because of the repeat attacks, they are considering putting in cameras. Which is sad - people going to observe at the memorial should not have to feel "surveilled" as this is a very private matter. We are already living under the eye of Big Brother - now this.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Small patch of terra firma
1,275 posts, read 2,124,135 times
Reputation: 536
How is this an immigrant issue? No one knows who committed the vandalism. This type of vandalism (spraypainting) is mostly committed by juveniles. They could be US Citizens, legal immigrants, or illegal immigrants. Why do people vandalize? Because they are morons. But morons come in all ethnicities and citizenship classifications.

Even the Police are not sure who did it per the article.

Police say there's no evidence at this point that MS-13 is established in New Haven, but they're looking into it. The city is now also considering installing cameras at the memorial.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 02:24 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Reputation: 22525
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
How is this an immigrant issue? No one knows who committed the vandalism. This type of vandalism (spraypainting) is mostly committed by juveniles. They could be US Citizens, legal immigrants, or illegal immigrants. Why do people vandalize? Because they are morons. But morons come in all ethnicities and citizenship classifications.

Even the Police are not sure who did it per the article.

Police say there's no evidence at this point that MS-13 is established in New Haven, but they're looking into it. The city is now also considering installing cameras at the memorial.
The reason I posted this in immigration, is because the previous article regarding this act was here as well. The mods never moved the previous thread, so maybe they agree. If you don't, then I suggest you take it up with the mods.

I don't really care where the thread is ultimately placed, as I was just providing an update on a previous thread in this forum. Thank you for providing your now predictable knee-jerk reaction.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 03:10 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Even the Police are not sure who did it per the article.
.
I won't quibble with you, madicarus, except to point out that I don't remember "the police" EVER being sure who did ANYTHING. The police could catch someone with a severed head in a sack, and they're STILL not going to say the "know" how it got severed, or how it got into the sack. They may 'suspect", they may have 'leads', but the police don't "know" anything. If they DID, it would 'blow the case' in court...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
How is this an immigrant issue? No one knows who committed the vandalism. This type of vandalism (spraypainting) is mostly committed by juveniles. They could be US Citizens, legal immigrants, or illegal immigrants. Why do people vandalize? Because they are morons. But morons come in all ethnicities and citizenship classifications.

Even the Police are not sure who did it per the article.

Police say there's no evidence at this point that MS-13 is established in New Haven, but they're looking into it. The city is now also considering installing cameras at the memorial.
Suffice to say: despite my opposition to the Vietnam War back in the day; I take grievous offence to the desecration of any war memorial----------the Armed Forces were just doing their job. And; most military personnel are honorable men and women.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 04:09 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,921,520 times
Reputation: 393
one would assume that it is ms13.. only because of the fact that when a gangbanger.. does.. mark. gangs generally do not give credit to another gang. It still could be a rival gang trying to give the ms13's a hard time knowing that many people would be appalled by this.. but it's not common for gangs to mark another gang-mark. And could be teens.. would hope they catch them.. then know for sure..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 05:07 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,004,847 times
Reputation: 1009
It's MS-13. They show up over night and all the sudden the local jails and prisons are packed with them.

Gangs have been known to kill each other over gang sign. I'm sure this isn't the first time the MS-13 tag has been seen in New Haven either. MS-13 is one of the most violent and dangerous gangs in the country.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
one would assume that it is ms13.. only because of the fact that when a gangbanger.. does.. mark. gangs generally do not give credit to another gang. It still could be a rival gang trying to give the ms13's a hard time knowing that many people would be appalled by this.. but it's not common for gangs to mark another gang-mark. And could be teens.. would hope they catch them.. then know for sure..
Should be interesting now......

Despite the 'nam guys being north of age 50; if I were MS-13, I would be watching my collective backs.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top