U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 02:46 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times

Advertisements

I went to their homes in Mali to meet their families and was greeted with open arms, with a lot of love - in the exact opposite way to how the Spanish greet migrants here. Their families told me their story so that I could understand why their sons were willing to risk their lives.

The horrors of the sea - BBC News

I guess Spain is to Africans what Sheriff Joe is to illegal aliens. It ain't Europe's fault that many of those illegal aliens come from "cultures" where they don't believe in birth control. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 08:43 AM

622 posts, read 397,450 times
Maybe we have to start thinking in more drastic terms. You're right about certain cultures traditionally having large families, but where it impacts on a country's resources, then other measures need to be taken such as a compulsory vasectomy after having one or two kids. Vasectomy - Male Sterilization Details

They can still fornicate like rabbits, but at least they won't be producing any more offspring for the state to take of.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:47 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xircal View Post
Maybe we have to start thinking in more drastic terms. You're right about certain cultures traditionally having large families, but where it impacts on a country's resources, then other measures need to be taken such as a compulsory vasectomy after having one or two kids. Vasectomy - Male Sterilization Details

They can still fornicate like rabbits, but at least they won't be producing any more offspring for the state to take of.
Well, I suppose that would be considered a violation of their rights. What really needs to be done is to remove the welfare incentives for them to keep breeding if they can't afford to care for their kids themselves.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well, I suppose that would be considered a violation of their rights. What really needs to be done is to remove the welfare incentives for them to keep breeding if they can't afford to care for their kids themselves.
Oh yes, those 'rights'. What about the rights of those who were born in the country asylum seekers have landed in and who have to take second place in the housing queue because a refugee needs it urgently.

The whole problem is getting out of hand now with 3,700 plucked from the sea just today. New migrant rescues in Med as nearly 3,700 taken to Italy | Daily Mail Online

Italy is expecting to have to deal with 200,000 refugees this year, but they'll reach that figure in just two months at the present rate now that the summer has arrived and the seas are calm.

Also, from what I've read, these refugees are paying around $1,000 a trip to traffickers to sail them to Italy or Greece. That tells me that these people are by no means destitute and living in squalid conditons like they're so often made out to be.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Oh yes, those 'rights'. What about the rights of those who were born in the country asylum seekers have landed in and who have to take second place in the housing queue because a refugee needs it urgently.

The whole problem is getting out of hand now with 3,700 plucked from the sea just today. New migrant rescues in Med as nearly 3,700 taken to Italy | Daily Mail Online

Italy is expecting to have to deal with 200,000 refugees this year, but they'll reach that figure in just two months at the present rate now that the summer has arrived and the seas are calm.

Also, from what I've read, these refugees are paying around $1,000 a trip to traffickers to sail them to Italy or Greece. That tells me that these people are by no means destitute and living in squalid conditons like they're so often made out to be.
You're right of course but I am speaking of so-called refugee/asylum seekers who are claiming they are in danger in their own countries and illegal aliens. At some point each country is going to go bankrupt caring for them and their own citizens will suffer. That's what is happening here in the U.S. I guess the powers that be won't stop the flow until all of the above happens.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right of course but I am speaking of so-called refugee/asylum seekers who are claiming they are in danger in their own countries and illegal aliens. At some point each country is going to go bankrupt caring for them and their own citizens will suffer. That's what is happening here in the U.S. I guess the powers that be won't stop the flow until all of the above happens.
Plenty of rich countries around Syria who should be opening their doors to refugees like Saudi Arabia. Also, countries like Namibia, Gabon and Mauritius all have plenty of cash in the bank and could easily absorb large numbers of refugees.

Australia has the right idea by turning back asylum seeker boats before they enter the country's territorial waters. EU should follow Australia's example and send back migrant boats, says Tony Abbott - Telegraph

We should be doing the same.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Plenty of rich countries around Syria who should be opening their doors to refugees like Saudi Arabia. Also, countries like Namibia, Gabon and Mauritius all have plenty of cash in the bank and could easily absorb large numbers of refugees.

Australia has the right idea by turning back asylum seeker boats before they enter the country's territorial waters. EU should follow Australia's example and send back migrant boats, says Tony Abbott - Telegraph

We should be doing the same.
Agreed, and the practice of "wet foot, dry foot" should have ended long ago also.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:44 AM

It looks today as if the EU is considering the Australian approach with five boats intercepted and turned back to Libya: Australia says Europe has sought advice over migrant crisis | euronews, world news

While I feel to some degree for the plight of the people who are genuinely suffering, it's next to impossible to differentiate between them and the economic parasites intent on milking a country's resources without contributing anything to its economy.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
It looks today as if the EU is considering the Australian approach with five boats intercepted and turned back to Libya: Australia says Europe has sought advice over migrant crisis | euronews, world news

While I feel to some degree for the plight of the people who are genuinely suffering, it's next to impossible to differentiate between them and the economic parasites intent on milking a country's resources without contributing anything to its economy.
I agree. With this country's (USA) recent influx of "refugees" from South and Central America you have to wonder if their lives are really in danger or as you said looking for economic opportunity. Our president is encouraging them with promises not to deport and amnesty also.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:39 PM

33 posts, read 60,160 times
You cannot tell people how many children they should or shouldn't have. But it's unfair for them to ask others to take in, feed, clothe, educate and house them for you. All social services should be cut off for those people, and there should be stricter penalties for those who hire them. Governments are only enabling and coddling them by letting them land on the shores in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration