Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 01:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The default advertising mailings for anyone with an Hispanic name, be they Filipino, multigenerational American or fresh over the southern border and speaking an indigenous Native American language as a first language is Spanish. Money talks
Agreed and not all people with Hispanic sounding names are even Latino like some Indians from India.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Kids all over the world are learning English in school because that is the language of business.
Here...we go out of our way not to demand English be learned and used.

Our future...look to the South American countries to see the direction we are headed.
Agreed tho more and more people are saying ENOUGH and, telling the la raza kind to crawl back into their holes. Being called a "racist" for standing up to la raza is a pretty toothless threat in 2015.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:36 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Southern CA. English speakers, speak up!

You mean the few that are left? They apparently don't make a large enough demographic to count
Tell me about it...all ten of us feel like strangers in a strange land most of the time.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:48 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Tell me about it...all ten of us feel like strangers in a strange land most of the time.
Make that eleven.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:03 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,487,879 times
What's wrong with that? Are they doing something wrong?

Old 05-04-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
What's wrong with that? Are they doing something wrong?
Assuming that you are asking if speaking Spanish is wrong if one knows how to speak English but won't around other native English speakers then it's just rude, IMO. That goes for all other foreign languages also. In keeping with this forum much of the reason that we are hearing Spanish being spoken everywhere is because of the large number of illegal alien Spanish speakers and especially here in So. Calif.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:21 PM

698 posts, read 587,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Assuming that you are asking if speaking Spanish is wrong if one knows how to speak English but won't around other native English speakers then it's just rude, IMO. That goes for all other foreign languages also. In keeping with this forum much of the reason that we are hearing Spanish being spoken everywhere is because of the large number of illegal alien Spanish speakers and especially here in So. Calif.
Please explain how speaking Spanish is rude. If they aren't speaking to you, it is none of your business what language someone is using.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:31 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Please explain how speaking Spanish is rude. If they aren't speaking to you, it is none of your business what language someone is using.
They expect that all around them will speak their language while not in their country. They expect to be catered to, ie drivers licenses and government forms in their native language while making no attempt to conform to their current surroundings.

Rude.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:12 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,487,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree that it's rude but I imagine the process goes smoother when these companies use Spanish to talk to their customers. Plus, I don't see how that situation is comparable to what the OP said. It's doubtful that Spanish is everywhere because of illegals when there are more native-born Hispanics and legal Hispanic immigrants that speak Spanish.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
I agree that it's rude but I imagine the process goes smoother when these companies use Spanish to talk to their customers. Plus, I don't see how that situation is comparable to what the OP said. It's doubtful that Spanish is everywhere because of illegals when there are more native-born Hispanics and legal Hispanic immigrants that speak Spanish.
Oh it's very real here in So. Calif. because everywhere I go I rarely hear a Hispanic speaking in English. I do know also that even if they know English they don't want to speak it and that includes those here legally and Hispanic citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration