U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-02-2015, 03:58 AM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,660,455 times
Reputation: 690

Advertisements

Nice and smooth. No accusations of racism.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLhisXEU_R0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-03-2015, 09:52 AM
 
14,253 posts, read 14,755,003 times
Reputation: 13616
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Nice and smooth. No accusations of racism.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLhisXEU_R0
Because there was no racism. They had entered the UK illegally and were working illegally.

However, the key is to hit the businesses that knowingly employ illegals hard. This businessman is looking at 50k pound fine ($75k). He has also lost most of his work force. You can never stop illegals if there are people willing to give them work because of the disparity in wages between our countries and the third world countries they come from. You have to cut off the jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 09:57 AM
 
31,654 posts, read 14,614,583 times
Reputation: 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Because there was no racism. They had entered the UK illegally and were working illegally.

However, the key is to hit the businesses that knowingly employ illegals hard. This businessman is looking at 50k pound fine ($75k). He has also lost most of his work force. You can never stop illegals if there are people willing to give them work because of the disparity in wages between our countries and the third world countries they come from. You have to cut off the jobs.
Yes, that should be a part of the solution here in the U.S. also along with denying them any benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids. It would make many leave on their own and a definite deterrent to more coming. It might not be 100% effective but it would definitely put a dent in this problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 10:06 AM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,136,036 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, that should be a part of the solution here in the U.S. also along with denying them any benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids. It would make many leave on their own and a definite deterrent to more coming. It might not be 100% effective but it would definitely put a dent in this problem.
Illegals don't get any benefits. You keep repeating this, but it's not sinking in. And, you can't deny their newborns birthright citizenship without amending the Constitution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 01:25 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, that should be a part of the solution here in the U.S. also along with denying them any benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids. It would make many leave on their own and a definite deterrent to more coming. It might not be 100% effective but it would definitely put a dent in this problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Illegals don't get any benefits. You keep repeating this, but it's not sinking in. And, you can't deny their newborns birthright citizenship without amending the Constitution
Laws CAN be changed. That happened to Jim Crow. That WILL happen to birthright soon unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 03:45 PM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
8,855 posts, read 8,985,012 times
Reputation: 9096
We have a similar problem with visa over-stayers in the U.S. Approximately 40-50% of illegal aliens in the U.S. are visa over-stayers -- why is ICE not working its way through places such as Silicon Valley, "Chinatowns", etc. and enforcing our laws? Oh, that's right...this is Post-American America, where laws are enforced against only those who are cutting into profits and hindering transnationalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 03:50 PM
 
31,654 posts, read 14,614,583 times
Reputation: 8439
Illegals do get benefits thru their U.S. born kids and fraud. When they use our ER's for the sniffles or some other reason they don't pay the bill. If an American would do that they'd hounded for the money and that is just one example of them getting benefits they shouldn't be entitled to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 05:00 PM
 
11,538 posts, read 5,527,796 times
Reputation: 9888
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Illegals don't get any benefits. You keep repeating this, but it's not sinking in. And, you can't deny their newborns birthright citizenship without amending the Constitution
Illegals get benefits through their anchor babies. We keep repeating this to you but it's not sinking in.

As for amending the constitution, did you ever go back into the other recent thread about this? I'm guessing no because other posters explained why that isn't necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 06:07 PM
 
31,654 posts, read 14,614,583 times
Reputation: 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Illegals get benefits through their anchor babies. We keep repeating this to you but it's not sinking in.

As for amending the constitution, did you ever go back into the other recent thread about this? I'm guessing no because other posters explained why that isn't necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 09:24 PM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,864,398 times
Reputation: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Illegals get benefits through their anchor babies. We keep repeating this to you but it's not sinking in.

As for amending the constitution, did you ever go back into the other recent thread about this? I'm guessing no because other posters explained why that isn't necessary.
Yes. Stats show most illegals receive some welfare and in many cases the majority of people on assistance are illegal. This is happening in many states, including Illinois. Even if day only citizens get food stamps does anyone believe only the child on food stamps will use them? Nope, the family will.,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top