U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,579 times

Advertisements

I let a sixteen-year-old boy stay in my house since September to help him a place for settlement. But, because he doesn't want to pay the rent fee for next months, he decided to move out, but he keeps the key and didn't pay the electricity fee for 2 months he had lived and used. What should I do with him? My apartment locates in Lynnwood, WA.
Can i report him ? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 01:17 PM

31,942 posts, read 14,727,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdo44 View Post
I let a sixteen-year-old boy stay in my house since September to help him a place for settlement. But, because he doesn't want to pay the rent fee for next months, he decided to move out, but he keeps the key and didn't pay the electricity fee for 2 months he had lived and used. What should I do with him? My apartment locates in Lynnwood, WA.
Unless he is an illegal alien then you are in the wrong forum. You just said he stayed illegally in your apartment. Kind of confusing. If he is an illegal alien my question would be why did you let him stay there in the first place but yes you could report him but nothing will happen under this administration. You might be liable for aiding and abetting an illegal alien but again nothing will happen under this administration.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,579 times
Because his mom told me to let him stay in my house. Yes,i helped him. But now he doesn't want to stay and he is not on my lease. I only have evidence he stayed here. I don't know what to do with that utilities fee.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:08 PM

31,942 posts, read 14,727,274 times
Quote:
Because his mom told me to let him stay in my house. Yes,i helped him. But now he doesn't want to stay and he is not on my lease. I only have evidence he stayed here. I don't know what to do with that utilities fee.
So you knew he was an illegal alien but just because his mom said to let him stay in your house you did it? Don't you make your own decisions? Aiding and abetting (helping) illegal aliens is against the law. Whatever losses you suffered you might want to consider that it was of your own doing.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:17 PM

30,148 posts, read 15,765,638 times
Quote:
First, change the locks, or have them re-keyed, if they can be.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:07 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,157,925 times
Quote:
1. Is the person that was staying with you in the US illegally or is it that you just let him stay in your house which isn't legal because he isn't on the lease/rental agreement?

2. If the person is a legal citizen of the US, the one staying with you, your question belongs here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/renting/

3. I would contact his mom since she is the one that told you to let him stay in your house and give her the total that is owed to you for the costs you incurred on behalf of HER son. I would let her know that I expect her to pay up.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:15 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,512,095 times
Quote:
suck it up to a lesson learned. Nothing you can do. He had your permission to stay there, and unless you have a contract that specifies what he pays, your done. You have as good a chance being struck by a meteor as you have of getting any action by reporting him.

Learn the word "NO" over again, and when to use it.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:12 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,649,492 times
Quote:
Turn him for his own good and the rights of the owner of the building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or