U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 08:52 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
I have to disagree with this statement. The majority of democats are pro illegal immigration while the majority of republicans are not. All of the democratic presidential candidates are OBL and favor a "path to citizenship" aka amnesty.

As a black woman who marched during the civil rights movement as a kid I am proud of Barack Obama's accomplishments however, it saddens me that because of his pro illegal alien stance, I will not be able to cast a vote for the man who may become the first black president of the United States.
Not so terribly long ago; the Democratic Party all but had the 'Black' vote locked up.

Now; with the above party pandering to the illegal immigrants and their supporters......methinks the Black folks as a group will go Republican or possibly sit this election out.

As I have opined on in the past: the 'Black' vote may wind up cancelling out the 'Hispanic' vote------handing the 2008 election to the GOP by default.

Thus far; this election year is promising to be wild and wooly-----and, we ain't seen nuttin' yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 10:19 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not so terribly long ago; the Democratic Party all but had the 'Black' vote locked up.

Now; with the above party pandering to the illegal immigrants and their supporters......methinks the Black folks as a group will go Republican or possibly sit this election out.

As I have opined on in the past: the 'Black'
vote may wind up cancelling out the 'Hispanic' vote------handing the 2008 election to the GOP by default.

Thus far; this election year is promising to be wild and wooly-----and, we ain't seen nuttin' yet.

LOL, are you serious?? Illegal immigration is not the number one issue among blacks and i doubt very much blacks will begin to vote for the republicans in huge numbers. I know many blacks and they hate bush and republicans. I remember tavis smile was going to hold a presidential debate to discuss issues that concern the black community and NONE of the top tier republican candidates attended. The republican party rarely reaches out to the black community and yet you expect them to vote for them?

Quote:
Criticism of the GOP response to the black voter forum continues to grow. On Thursday, President Bush made a rare comment on the 2008 race, urging Republican candidates "to reach out to the African American community." A New York Times editorial Thursday said the decision to snub the forum falls into "the category of What Are They Thinking?"
Quote:
Republicans have long attributed their electoral position in Black America to an unfortunate confluence of misunderstandings, liberal media bias, and Black civil rights leaders that "control" the thought processes of Black voters and instruct them to be supplicants to the Democratic Party. If only Republicans could speak directly to Black voters without the media filter, they contend, Black voters would see that the GOP has a platform that speaks to Black empowerment. Indeed, the argument goes, once Black voters hear the Republicans speak to them unfiltered, then it is only a matter of time before the GOP begins to win substantial Black support. There's only one problem with that argument as it relates to the 2008 Republican presidential nomination fight: Republican candidates are willfully missing an unfiltered, unedited opportunity to speak directly to African Americans. Their snubbing of minority groups is more evidence that it is not serious about winning Black and Brown votes
Michael Fauntroy: Republicans Blow Another Opportunity to Reach Black America - Politics on The Huffington Post

Old 01-18-2008, 10:34 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,041,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

As I have opined on in the past: the 'Black' vote may wind up cancelling out the 'Hispanic' vote------handing the 2008 election to the GOP by default.

AB, I can add a little here on what you said. Out of curiosity I did a poll with several people I know in different states that have voted democrat most of their lives.7 of the 10 said no way they will vote for Hillary or Obama, but would vote for Ron Paul or Huckabee.

Another thing, I also have several black friends and some of us go back many years. 2 of 8 that I talked with so far say they may consider Obama but not sure yet, and no way on Hillary. They are in favor of a President that will do something about the immigration problem and not just talk about it.

Glad to see Indiana come on board, now who's next?

Old 01-18-2008, 11:39 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,441,393 times
Cool HOOrah for Indiana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
INDIANAPOLIS — Companies could face strict penalties — including losing their business licenses — if they knowingly hire illegal aliens under a bill being considered by a Senate committee.

Bill sponsor Sen. Mike Delph, R-Carmel, said Indiana is stuck with the public and social costs of illegal immigration because federal immigration law isn’t being enforced.

“This bill is not about race,” he said. “It’s not about ethnicity. It’s not about nationality. It’s about one thing and one thing only: the respect for the rule of law.”

“If a business, after two warnings, doesn’t get the message that violating the law is not going to be tolerated in the state of Indiana, they should lose their license,” he said. “They should go out of business because they’re not being good corporate citizens.”

Bill supporters said they were tired of illegal immigration going unchecked in their communities.

FINALLY.. HURRAY FOR INDIANA!!!!!!!!!!!

ILLEGALS.. GO HOME!!!!!!
HOOrah!!!! Send em to California where they like illegals who pick their noses while picking our produce.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:15 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,520 times
dont' ya mean.. "CALIEXICO"....

Old 01-19-2008, 06:21 AM

4,834 posts, read 5,441,393 times
Cool lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
dont' ya mean.. "CALIEXICO"....
lol...yea, I guess that's what I meant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration