U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 05:53 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Dreamers are still in this country illegally even though they got a stay of deportation. Illegal aliens cannot join our military so what's this all about? We don't have enough young Americans that want to join? It's utter BS!
I don't think it seems right because in the other areas of the forum, people are suggesting that those without a job and/or training join the military and I am reading that it is not that easy to get in anymore.

I wonder though, would these "dreamers" (and I don't like the word because they are "illegal" and nothing else) be able to pass the entrance test or would they lower the testing guidelines? When I took the military entrance test, there were US citizens that had a hard time. I guess we would publish the test to join the military of the United States in Spanish? I cannot stress enough that I do not want my son having troops that don't speak and understand English 200%. I don't want him in a war zone giving orders and an illegal (once an illegal always an illegal - you can't take it away unless they go back and come in legally) an order to have them stand there and give him a "no comprehend English". I inprocessed some soldiers into a confinement facility and some spoke no English, seriously but the claim was that they just used that to get over and could speak English.

"Dreamers"! That and "undocumented"........................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 07:25 AM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't think it seems right because in the other areas of the forum, people are suggesting that those without a job and/or training join the military and I am reading that it is not that easy to get in anymore.

I wonder though, would these "dreamers" (and I don't like the word because they are "illegal" and nothing else) be able to pass the entrance test or would they lower the testing guidelines? When I took the military entrance test, there were US citizens that had a hard time. I guess we would publish the test to join the military of the United States in Spanish? I cannot stress enough that I do not want my son having troops that don't speak and understand English 200%. I don't want him in a war zone giving orders and an illegal (once an illegal always an illegal - you can't take it away unless they go back and come in legally) an order to have them stand there and give him a "no comprehend English". I inprocessed some soldiers into a confinement facility and some spoke no English, seriously but the claim was that they just used that to get over and could speak English.

"Dreamers"! That and "undocumented"........................
I surmise that many of these "Dreamers" have attended our schools because many of them were brought here as young kids so they can speak English. However, that doesn't negate the fact that they are still illegal aliens and from what I understand the military only has limited spots today. They should go to Americans not illegal foreigners. So this is just another stretch of the law because illegal aliens aren't allowed to join our military.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:01 PM

Military to allow undocumented immigrants to serve Found that article and they wonder about the proficiency in English also. A second language is hard. I guess they could make all the troops learn Spanish so as not to overly burden the illegals.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:07 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Now, I thought everything for illegals was put on hold. I know Obama is bad about ignoring rules and laws that he doesn't like, but how does this happen? Maybe because the program was already put into place, but how can that be when they're still debating it?

Army speeding up recruitment of 'Dreamers'
Well, I found an answer to part of why he's (Obama) going through with his plans. More lies. If that judge doesn't penalize someone and if they go ahead and give Obama his way on this, the judge is going to look very bad. They were caught lying to him, again!

DHS broke judge's order, approved amnesty applications despite injunction - Washington Times

Old 05-09-2015, 06:14 PM

9,881 posts, read 8,750,758 times
This is more fraud foisted on taxpayers by this administration. On one hand they are paying US citizens to get out early in the interest of cutting back while signing up illegl immigrants.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:47 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
This is more fraud foisted on taxpayers by this administration. On one hand they are paying US citizens to get out early in the interest of cutting back while signing up illegl immigrants.
Just despicable what Obama's doing and I'm trying to be nice.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Well, I found an answer to part of why he's (Obama) going through with his plans. More lies. If that judge doesn't penalize someone and if they go ahead and give Obama his way on this, the judge is going to look very bad. They were caught lying to him, again!

DHS broke judge's order, approved amnesty applications despite injunction - Washington Times
I don't understand why Obama is not stopped. Have we become a monarchy or is he just so unfamiliar with our form of government that he doesn't understand his job? My congressional representatives are watching but they just claim that at this point, he hasn't done anything to be impeached for. Maybe we just keep giving him rope?

Found this: Military turns down 80 percent of applicants as armed forces shrink ? RT USA We still have a lot of young U S citizens for whom joining the military is a dream. My grandson, a naturalized citizen of the US, just started JROTC (Air Force) last fall and hopes to join to become a military policeman. I have known so many too that count on serving so that they can get job training and/or save for an education.

I also looked this over and found it interesting about becoming a citizen: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...les/M-1051.pdf

My daughter-in-law studied very hard to become a citizen and she waited in her country for 2 years after marrying my son before she came to the US. They underwent interviews in her country. He was in Afghanistan for some time during those 2 years.

Years ago, we considered adopting a child from a foreign country, the paperwork was overwhelming as were the costs involved just to get a child into the country. They looked at our income and it was required that we could support the child and provide health insurance so the taxpayers didn't pick up the tab. Ah?

You know, I never liked people that cut in line and I still don't!

Old 05-10-2015, 12:16 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't understand why Obama is not stopped. Have we become a monarchy or is he just so unfamiliar with our form of government that he doesn't understand his job? My congressional representatives are watching but they just claim that at this point, he hasn't done anything to be impeached for. Maybe we just keep giving him rope?

Found this: Military turns down 80 percent of applicants as armed forces shrink ? RT USA We still have a lot of young U S citizens for whom joining the military is a dream. My grandson, a naturalized citizen of the US, just started JROTC (Air Force) last fall and hopes to join to become a military policeman. I have known so many too that count on serving so that they can get job training and/or save for an education.

I also looked this over and found it interesting about becoming a citizen: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...les/M-1051.pdf

My daughter-in-law studied very hard to become a citizen and she waited in her country for 2 years after marrying my son before she came to the US. They underwent interviews in her country. He was in Afghanistan for some time during those 2 years.

Years ago, we considered adopting a child from a foreign country, the paperwork was overwhelming as were the costs involved just to get a child into the country. They looked at our income and it was required that we could support the child and provide health insurance so the taxpayers didn't pick up the tab. Ah?

You know, I never liked people that cut in line and I still don't!
They won't impeach him because we would see riots all over this country that would make Ferguson and the Baltimore riots look like recess. The first black (I know, half black, half white) president to be impeached? That would not go over well with most of our black citizens. He's been trying to brainwash them from the beginning of his term, and a lot of them have bought into what he's selling. The white man has been keeping them down, and still is. blah blah blah. I think it's sad that he is constantly stirring the racism pot. I don't have a fight with black people at all, and I don't think most people do.

UPDATE: 'Obama's Impeachable Offenses' by Michael Connelly, J.D. | RedFlagNews.com

Old 05-10-2015, 02:16 PM

17,022 posts, read 9,066,807 times
The Military is not the only violation of the Judge's injunction;

"President Obama’s lawyers admitted to a federal judge late Thursday that they had broken the court’s injunction halting the administration’s new deportation amnesty, issuing thousands of work permits even after Judge Andrew S. Hanen had ordered the program stopped.
The stunning admission, filed just before midnight in Texas, where the case is being heard, is the latest misstep for the administration’s lawyers, who are facing possible sanctions by Judge Hanen for their continued problems in arguing the case."

Homeland Security, which is the defendant in the case, told them Wednesday that an immigration agency had approved about 2,000 applications for three-year work permits, which was part of Mr. Obama’s new amnesty"

Even after the injunction ordering them to halt

Old 05-10-2015, 06:48 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
They won't impeach him because we would see riots all over this country that would make Ferguson and the Baltimore riots look like recess. The first black (I know, half black, half white) president to be impeached? That would not go over well with most of our black citizens. He's been trying to brainwash them from the beginning of his term, and a lot of them have bought into what he's selling. The white man has been keeping them down, and still is. blah blah blah. I think it's sad that he is constantly stirring the racism pot. I don't have a fight with black people at all, and I don't think most people do.

UPDATE: 'Obama's Impeachable Offenses' by Michael Connelly, J.D. | RedFlagNews.com
I'm afraid you're 100 percent right about Obama. Tho if it was Ben Carson who was POTUS; many of the hood rats along with their KKK cousins WOULD be hooting and hollering over HIM being taken out, even if just by impeachment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration