U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 08:04 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,715,312 times

Advertisements

It's insane beyond my comprehension that this supposed greatest country in history actually arms illegal aliens (ironically at the same time they are trying to disarm law abiding citizens) and trains them as well in addition to giving them whatever else they can get with their time .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 08:07 PM

9,881 posts, read 8,758,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
It's insane beyond my comprehension that this supposed greatest country in history actually arms illegal aliens (ironically at the same time they are trying to disarm law abiding citizens) and trains them as well in addition to giving them whatever else they can get with their time .
I agree, So bizarre.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:57 AM

25,237 posts, read 13,325,248 times
Quote:
Illegals have been serving in the US military for decades, this is news to you? No one is attempting to disarm you, you are just buying into the BS put out by Big Business. If one is serving they earned what get in benefits, did you serve?

Old 05-11-2015, 11:22 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,096,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Illegals have been serving in the US military for decades, this is news to you? No one is attempting to disarm you, you are just buying into the BS put out by Big Business. If one is serving they earned what get in benefits, did you serve?
Well, I served, my husband served, my older son is serving, my son with Down syndrome had to register for the draft in case they start it up, my father served, my husband's mother served, my husband lost 2 uncles in the Korean War, one of my uncles was at Pearl Harbor, and several other uncles served and yes, they enlisted and only one was drafted of the bunch. They chose to serve THEIR country and were not just looking for a ticket to citizenship.

Right now troop strength is being reduced by the same jerk that is trying to give away citizenship any way he can to these people who have no respect for OUR laws. We have plenty of US citizens that are willing to serve THEIR country so we don't need any 2nd string illegals, many of whom will just end up at Leavenworth because they have no interest in being in the military or following rules but are focused on a "pathway to citizenship". I do not want to see OUR troops jeopardized by these illegals.

I have had friends and now relatives that went through what it takes to become a legal citizen of the United States.

Interesting article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barbar...b_3368732.html And, I don't care if they came here as a child and went to our schools. When they are in public, they are speaking Spanish and I am guessing speaking it at home. I have been around a lot of people for whom English was their second language and only among the most educated did they have the command of the language required to function 100% and that is what we need in the military!!!!!

Old 05-11-2015, 11:31 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,304,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Maybe 100 years ago, but NOT in 2015.

If an illegal alien somehow got into our Armed Forces; that person needs to be treated as an enemy spy. Period.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:45 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,096,440 times
This is interesting and talks about "non-citizens" being allowed to enlist: Immigrants an Non Citizens in the US Armed Forces and this article is in agreement: Immigrants in the U.S. military: 8 rules on non-citizen service

Keep in mind that the argument is that they take jobs Americans won't and since Americans are more than willing to join the military, well, that kinda blows that argument in this case.

I am more than willing to provide them a "pathway" as I have offered to chip in for the charter bus to haul them back to their homeland!

Old 05-11-2015, 09:40 PM

31,708 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Maybe 100 years ago, but NOT in 2015.

If an illegal alien somehow got into our Armed Forces; that person needs to be treated as an enemy spy. Period.
Illegals cannot join our military. It is against the law so if some are serving I'd sure like to know how.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:48 AM

1,372 posts, read 762,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Now, I thought everything for illegals was put on hold. I know Obama is bad about ignoring rules and laws that he doesn't like, but how does this happen? Maybe because the program was already put into place, but how can that be when they're still debating it?

Army speeding up recruitment of 'Dreamers'
I just don't want to imagine what kind of national security risks we will have in the coming years because of this incredibly stupid new turn with the US military.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:51 AM

1,372 posts, read 762,536 times
Quote:
Good point. It looks like some kind of evil plot to destroy our country and let Mexico slowly take over by replacing us with Mexican citizens, doesn't it? It sounds crazy, but that's what it kinda looks like

Old 05-16-2015, 12:22 PM

25,237 posts, read 13,325,248 times
Quote:
What is insane that some just figured out that this has been going on for as long as this Nation has existed. Please point out the laws disarming you, I'll wait. Good to know that if someone puts their life on the line that they would get preference when applying for Citizenship, means they have done far more for this Nation than those granted theirs by simply being born here and that have never done squat for the Nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration