U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:37 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,805,057 times

Advertisements

Mexican trucking pilot program

More Money for greedy big business and Bush politicians.
Now they want to try and take jobs away from truckers...

Before, they were only allowed to drive in 25 miles from the border, and unload at warehouses.. in which then, American trucks would be loaded and American truckers would transport the goods across America.

Now they want to let the mexicans roam anywhere USA! How many of these mexicans will be hauling, ILLEGAL MEXICANS? DRUGS?

How many of these mexicans have a criminal history of running illegals or drugs to begin with?

They love to drink.. how many will drive drunk? it's bad enough when they get behind the wheel of a small car drunk.. now they'll be behind the wheel of big rig!

And guess who is pushing for this bill, allowing them to roam free in America? Big business thats who! The ones who have packed up and moved thier business to cheap slave labor meximerica! Now they want to put EVEN more money in thier GREEDY pockets by allowing cheap mexican truckers to deliver thier cheaply made mexican junk all across America!

NO MORE driving to a warehouse just over the border and drop-off..

If OUR greedy government WOULDN'T have allowed for all this crap to be imported in the FIRST PLACE.. the greedy big business's who moved to mexico for cheap slave labor.. would have had to STAY in America, keeping these manufacturing jobs in America... for Americans to begin with!

Now they have not only taken these jobs out of America.. but now they want mexicans to freely drive anywhere in the U.S. so these GREEDY big business's can once AGAIN put more in thier pockets and screw-over Americans some more!

I for one.. always look to see "where" a product has been made.. if it says.. "made in mexico" I go right to the store manager and complain.. tell them if you want my business.. you better get rid of that crap... it's was bad enough when this cheaply made junk was coming out of china.. but now I see more and more slave labor-cheaply made crap coming in from mexico... More and more jobs are being taken away from Americans..

If you buy this crap.. they will keep making and importing it.. DO NOT BUY "MADE IN MEXICO CRAP"!

The more Americans who complain to the stores.. and DON"T by mexico crap.. the less of it you will see in our stores!

My wife picked up a bag a gummy-bears from wal=mart... when she came home with them, I checked to see who/where they came from.. guess what.. freakin made in mexico.. gummy-bears! I took them BACK to wal-mart and told them what they can do with them!

I try really hard.. having to look over everything, before I buy.. I have always tried to buy American products.. "made in America". it's getting hard to do.. lol! We are losing our manufacturing industry to cheap slave labor countries... Americans will sooner or later be dependant on made in.. out-of-America!

I am more than willing to pay a bit more, to keep these jobs in America. made by Americans (not illegals)!

Americans DO take pride in what they make... we need to help... DON'T BUY MADE IN MEXICO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 07:31 AM

4,834 posts, read 5,238,582 times
Cool Made in Mexico...no way...not for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Mexican trucking pilot program

More Money for greedy big business and Bush politicians.
Now they want to try and take jobs away from truckers...

Before, they were only allowed to drive in 25 miles from the border, and unload at warehouses.. in which then, American trucks would be loaded and American truckers would transport the goods across America.

Now they want to let the mexicans roam anywhere USA! How many of these mexicans will be hauling, ILLEGAL MEXICANS? DRUGS?

How many of these mexicans have a criminal history of running illegals or drugs to begin with?

They love to drink.. how many will drive drunk? it's bad enough when they get behind the wheel of a small car drunk.. now they'll be behind the wheel of big rig!

And guess who is pushing for this bill, allowing them to roam free in America? Big business thats who! The ones who have packed up and moved thier business to cheap slave labor meximerica! Now they want to put EVEN more money in thier GREEDY pockets by allowing cheap mexican truckers to deliver thier cheaply made mexican junk all across America!

NO MORE driving to a warehouse just over the border and drop-off..

If OUR greedy government WOULDN'T have allowed for all this crap to be imported in the FIRST PLACE.. the greedy big business's who moved to mexico for cheap slave labor.. would have had to STAY in America, keeping these manufacturing jobs in America... for Americans to begin with!

Now they have not only taken these jobs out of America.. but now they want mexicans to freely drive anywhere in the U.S. so these GREEDY big business's can once AGAIN put more in thier pockets and screw-over Americans some more!

I for one.. always look to see "where" a product has been made.. if it says.. "made in mexico" I go right to the store manager and complain.. tell them if you want my business.. you better get rid of that crap... it's was bad enough when this cheaply made junk was coming out of china.. but now I see more and more slave labor-cheaply made crap coming in from mexico... More and more jobs are being taken away from Americans..

If you buy this crap.. they will keep making and importing it.. DO NOT BUY "MADE IN MEXICO CRAP"!

The more Americans who complain to the stores.. and DON"T by mexico crap.. the less of it you will see in our stores!

My wife picked up a bag a gummy-bears from wal=mart... when she came home with them, I checked to see who/where they came from.. guess what.. freakin made in mexico.. gummy-bears! I took them BACK to wal-mart and told them what they can do with them!

I try really hard.. having to look over everything, before I buy.. I have always tried to buy American products.. "made in America". it's getting hard to do.. lol! We are losing our manufacturing industry to cheap slave labor countries... Americans will sooner or later be dependant on made in.. out-of-America!

I am more than willing to pay a bit more, to keep these jobs in America. made by Americans (not illegals)!

Americans DO take pride in what they make... we need to help... DON'T BUY MADE IN MEXICO!
We won't buy anything made in Mexico...and yes, we do check. When looking to buy a new car we noticed a lot of tags said engine assembled in Mexico...no way...not for me!

WalMart is the biggest offender as their stores are full of crap made in Mexico or China and we won't buy either...so it's off to Food Lion where we pay about 5% more but we do so knowing we are keep an American somewhere in his/her job.

When we built our home 6 months ago we gave the builder explicit instructions NOT to use any Mexican or Chinese products and we did not allow any of these illegals to work on the house either. Didn't cost us one cent more.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:53 AM

437 posts, read 504,864 times
I shy away from Mexican products as well. In regard to the truckers, I believe that the companies should have to abide by the same rules as those which apply to our trucking industry.

In other words, the same safety standards, emissions standards, log records, inspections, etc. EVERY LAW should be the same, IF they are allowed to roam our country, which I think is dead wrong!

Old 01-19-2008, 09:55 AM

1,353 posts, read 3,011,098 times
If you shyed away from Mexican products, you wouldn't be buying much of anything.

In a related note, I just bought a brand new DVD player from Best Buy and guess what it said in the back? Assembled in Mexico I didnt even realize Mexico was getting into the electronics business

Old 01-19-2008, 09:57 AM

21,145 posts, read 35,065,791 times
OK: I will admit that I would rather buy a product made in Mexico over one from China.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:58 AM

sure.. like our government will inforce it.. look how they take care of making sure the illegals don't sneak across!

Our government will let them come.. hiden in huge semi's... just so as long the goods get here as well...

Old 01-19-2008, 10:47 AM

9,321 posts, read 15,341,713 times
I am leary of both Chinese and Mexican imports. The lead content in some of their items concerns me. The Mexican furniture is garbage and I think we can make better looking things in our garage out of old 2X4's. Please support your local potter/artist if you need mixing bowls or other functional pottery pieces. It is not only original, made in America art, it is wonderful for mixing and keeping things warm. Just about every community has an art center of some kind.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:07 AM

214 posts, read 411,396 times
The people of this nation are allowing their leaders to destroy it, plain and simple !

We don't deserve this nation our forefathers fought for .

The day millions of illegals stood in our streets and flew their flags and pissed on and tore ours up { WHILE OUR NATION WAS AT WAR NO LESS !} and Americans didn't object , we let them know they won .

We now have nobody to vote for, because the new candidates for office have all been bought by the elite who run rule over us .

Our appeasing complacentcy has cost our children their future and hoplessly divided this nation into a sqabbling bunch of foreign cultures and religions .

The beginning of the end was when we lost our morals and national pride . Only a moral and proud people can stay free .

Old 01-19-2008, 11:09 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,355,964 times
I have a fleece jacket made by Columbia. Just was looking at the label and is made in Vietnam!! When did that happen?? And bought it at a very nice department store. Got to be on this every minute. I occasionally go to the dollar store, and found nearly everything there is made in China, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Pakistan, etc. Ugh ugh ugh.....(not enough ugh's to describe my disgust)!! Thought I just had to avoid WalMart and Target.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:13 PM

I had gone to the dollar store to pick up some bath paper.. picked up a can of canned peaches.. guess where they were from.. CHINA.. canned Peaches from china! What the he## kinda crap is that... Georgia is the "Peach-State"... Of course I did not buy them.. and of course I went up to the manager and told them what to do with them.. and asked why the heck whould they stock ANY food products from a place that killed many of our pets.. who knows how well products are regulated coming in from china and mexico... like our government would make sure it's ok.. BS...

hey maybe the mexicans are getting worried... they may lose fruit-picking jobs if we import fruit from china.. lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration