U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:03 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,097,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Maybe we can get Calderon to take the job in the White House. He'd probably work a lot cheaper, his relationship with the press would be better, and his 'accent' probably wouldn't be any more annoying that the guy who's NOW holding the job. We could say we "hired him on to do the Chief-Executiizin' that AMERICANS won't do...at least, not at the goin' wage"....
That's almost tragically funny in a twisted kind of way........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 04:36 PM

1,999 posts, read 22,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
One of our American politicians who are vehemently against illegal immigration should make a "point" by traveling to Mexico to agitate for illegal Guatemalan immigrant rights in Mexico!
They wouldnt allow any of our politicans to travel all over Mexico.
It's a way one street and America gets screwed again.

I have been to Mexico and can tell you they dont want Americans there, they expect you to speak their langauge and you had better walk the line or you will be locked up.
All they want from us is our tourist money and for us to feed and take care of their low lifers.

I would like to see one of the candidates step up and ask him NOT to come to our country, that person would rise to the top real quick for taking the stand that we are all looking for.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:40 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,392,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

The president of Mexico will visit United States and he will present to the Mexican communities an active strategy for the defense of their rights.
Illegal aliens should have rights.

They should have the right to be deported. They should have the right to have their assets seized. They should have the right to go to jail for stealing an ID or committing social security fraud.....

Old 01-20-2008, 11:24 PM

1,459 posts, read 2,889,964 times
We have state legislators from Mexico coming to OUR country challenging laws that are passed here, next we have the president of Mexico coming with a proposed strategy to defend the mexicans in OUR country. We do not hear one peep out of Washington about this....what the hell is up with that? Does anybody besides me smell a snake in the wood pile here?

This is telling the tax paying people of this country," we want what's best for our mexicans in your country... illegals and all, if you don't like it ********* ". How much longer are we going to put up with BS like this from Mexico and our gov't as well.

I did write a letter to the Mexican Embassy, and let me tell you folks...what I said to these people wasn't nice. There should be a national protest over crap like this happening.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:20 PM

96 posts, read 184,631 times
Default Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Well said!

I for one have NEVER been to slum-exico.. and NEVER will!

There is so many wonderful places right here in the U.S. to visit and explore... So many people go visit mexico, but never have seen much of thier country.. I have traveled all over OUR wonderful USA ..and still have many many other great places to see.. in OUR Country.. OUR America!
Hey,
Hereis some info for all.......I hope that I have done this right as I am not
to good at this computer thing....

Numbersusa:no amnesty pledge

mikehuckabee.com

We all talk about illegals etc etc. well I am not reccommending any
one for pres. but I will tell you this.....after i read this at this time i know
who i am voting for, now ther others have to change my mind.
McCain is for amnesty, clinton is for amnest, rudy is for amnesty so
is a lot of others already up on ;the hill....

As for visiting any other country I',m with you Arizona Bound...this
country is alot bigger than alot of people can imagine...as for
beauty non better....try the alcan hwy, thousands of miles of beauty..
I guess that some people just think that it something to say that
they have traveled out of the country....
there is a song that starts out "Oh Beautiful" and guess what country
it is refering to.....
Enough said from me.....

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IN GOD WE TRUST

LOVE THE U.S.A.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:32 PM

635 posts, read 1,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I have been to Mexico and can tell you they dont want Americans there, they expect you to speak their langauge and you had better walk the line or you will be locked up.
You perfectly fit the criteria for someone who would make this statement.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,306,408 times
Last insult and threat Calderon made I heard was of the failed amnesty bill, "You are making a grave error", and he was speaking to our government, not to our citizens.

The lack of character and lack of respect coming from Mexican officials there and even in our own government shows what they are made of from the top all the way down, and so does Mexico's long record.

We'd better be aware that this type of thinking cannot be changed.

Last edited by faith10; 01-21-2008 at 10:00 PM..

Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,306,408 times
Many of the good Mexicans are still in Mexico and don't expect anything of the U.S., whether rich or poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration