U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-22-2008, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Small patch of terra firma
1,275 posts, read 2,123,814 times
Reputation: 536

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sorry, but you are WRONG. The fact that people other than illegals can be smugglers does not make the terms mutually exclusive. Sorry that the view of the forest is obscured by the trees.
You’re right, just because one is a drug smuggler does not automatically mean they cannot be an illegal, at the same token, just because they are a drug smuggler, it does not automatically mean they are an illegal. Either way, what is the point you’re trying to make?

I think my point is obvious, just because this happened at the border and posted in the immigration forum, it doesn’t mean the suspect is a run of the mill illegal immigrant coming over for work. Based on the type of vehicle being used, it looks more like a drug smuggler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-22-2008, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Des Moines, IA
1,744 posts, read 6,485,627 times
Reputation: 1206
You guys are seriously confusing me today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sorry, but you are WRONG. The fact that people other than illegals can be smugglers does not make the terms mutually exclusive. Sorry that the view of the forest is obscured by the trees.
The area in question, the "DUNES" is infamous for drug runners from Mexico crossing into the US from - and yes, in the case of the "DUNES" they are all illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 03:57 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22514
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Youíre right, just because one is a drug smuggler does not automatically mean they cannot be an illegal, at the same token, just because they are a drug smuggler, it does not automatically mean they are an illegal. Either way, what is the point youíre trying to make?

I think my point is obvious, just because this happened at the border and posted in the immigration forum, it doesnít mean the suspect is a run of the mill illegal immigrant coming over for work. Based on the type of vehicle being used, it looks more like a drug smuggler.
I made my point, and if you fail to understand it then I don't see how that is my problem. Your point is obvious to the point of vulgarity, you need not explain yourself further.

If it it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, quacks like a duck, hangs out where ducks are known to frequent, then by golly, it must be toad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Small patch of terra firma
1,275 posts, read 2,123,814 times
Reputation: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
You guys are seriously confusing me today.
It isnt that confusing, there are those whose hatred for illegal immigrants is so strong that it inhibits their ability to rationally seek answers for problems. If there is a way to tie something, no matter how tenuous, to illegal immigrants, it will be linked and shown as proof that illegal immigrants are a bunch of ruthless killers. Things like the truth or seeking out the truth donít matter, the hate for illegals is too strong.

Case in point, in an area known for drug smuggling, a vehicle, a Hummer, crosses illegally and is chased by border patrol. In the act of trying to stop the vehicle an agent is killed in the line of duty. Well some people would look at it and think it is related to drug smuggling and their focus would be on known smugglers, working with the DEA to assist in capturing the killers. Then there are those are so smitten with trying to tie every crime to an illegal they just look at this as being a illegal immigrant crossing the border and killing an agent. They then link this to the illegal immigration problem, mind you it may not even be linked to immigration as much as it is to drugs, but those are details that they choose not to look at, it may have been an illegal and just focus on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
It isnt that confusing, there are those whose hatred for illegal immigrants is so strong that it inhibits their ability to rationally seek answers for problems. If there is a way to tie something, no matter how tenuous, to illegal immigrants, it will be linked and shown as proof that illegal immigrants are a bunch of ruthless killers. Things like the truth or seeking out the truth donít matter, the hate for illegals is too strong.

Case in point, in an area known for drug smuggling, a vehicle, a Hummer, crosses illegally and is chased by border patrol. In the act of trying to stop the vehicle an agent is killed in the line of duty. Well some people would look at it and think it is related to drug smuggling and their focus would be on known smugglers, working with the DEA to assist in capturing the killers. Then there are those are so smitten with trying to tie every crime to an illegal they just look at this as being a illegal immigrant crossing the border and killing an agent. They then link this to the illegal immigration problem, mind you it may not even be linked to immigration as much as it is to drugs, but those are details that they choose not to look at, it may have been an illegal and just focus on that.
In the area in question - most is related to Illegal Immigration.

Perhaps you were unaware of this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
In the area in question - most is related to Illegal Immigration.

Perhaps you were unaware of this
No need to post a reiteration - he apparently only acknowledges facts that he agrees with. The rest of us get it.

The irony of the comments he made in his last post was not lost on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
It isnt that confusing, there are those whose hatred for illegal immigrants is so strong that it inhibits their ability to rationally seek answers for problems. If there is a way to tie something, no matter how tenuous, to illegal immigrants, it will be linked and shown as proof that illegal immigrants are a bunch of ruthless killers. Things like the truth or seeking out the truth donít matter, the hate for illegals is too strong.

Case in point, in an area known for drug smuggling, a vehicle, a Hummer, crosses illegally and is chased by border patrol. In the act of trying to stop the vehicle an agent is killed in the line of duty. Well some people would look at it and think it is related to drug smuggling and their focus would be on known smugglers, working with the DEA to assist in capturing the killers. Then there are those are so smitten with trying to tie every crime to an illegal they just look at this as being a illegal immigrant crossing the border and killing an agent. They then link this to the illegal immigration problem, mind you it may not even be linked to immigration as much as it is to drugs, but those are details that they choose not to look at, it may have been an illegal and just focus on that.
You are correct: I hate the presence of those trespassers here in my country--------whether they be Black, White, red, yellow or any combination thereof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Reputation: 5539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Here's what I don't get, Border Patrol shoots sleaze-ball drug runner and it's in all of the news and investagations out the ares and everyone in an uproar. But turn it on it's head and sleaze-ball drug runner kills a BP and nothing, you have to hunt under a rock to find just a blurb about the it.
This is almost as disturbing as the agent losing his life. Kind of makes you think there is agenda by those that run our media, don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2008, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Reputation: 5539
One thing I'd like to say. I want to express my deep appreciation for everyone keeping it civil. You may disagree, but you have found ways to voice your disagreement without personally attacking the other side. Kudos to you and I tried to spread some reputation around. Keep up the good work folks.
-Synopsis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top