Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I have a reason to believe the smuggler is an American citizen. Illegals smuggling other illegals makes no sense.
PL - they arrested a suspect:

He is a Mexican citizen. Been arrested several times for human smuggling (of illegals). Has reportedly confessed to the killing of the BP agent.

Sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 08:53 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
Once again, "I didn't even see "Hummer".

When did I say that this guy has the same set of values as law-abiding America? Is there something wrong me or is there something wrong with the rest of you today?
Quote:
Border patrol agents observed a brown Hummer and a red Ford F-250 pickup crossing from Mexico into the United States about 20 miles west of Yuma, Arizona. Agents on normal patrol watched as the vehicles traveled west on I-8. The drivers of the Hummer and the pickup saw that the agents were following them and turned around, heading back the way they had come, with the Border Patrol following them. As Agent Aguilar deployed spike strips, near the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area, he was intentionally struck by the the driver of the Hummer.
Senior Border Patrol Agent Luis Aguilar, United States Department of Homeland Security - Customs and Border Protection - Border Patrol

Old 01-24-2008, 08:55 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
He gave his life trying to protect his country. He is as much of a hero as anyone who died on Omaha Beach.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
PL - they arrested a suspect:

He is a Mexican citizen. Been arrested several times for human smuggling (of illegals). Has reportedly confessed to the killing of the BP agent.

Sorry
Any link to back up what you are saying?

Old 01-24-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Any link to back up what you are saying?
Mexican authorities arrest man in border agent's death (broken link)

Old 01-24-2008, 09:08 AM

902 posts, read 718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Mexican authorities arrest man in border agent's death (broken link)

Oops, those old pesky facts getting in the way of some people's views. Darn it all!!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Oops, those old pesky facts getting in the way of some people's views. Darn it all!!!!
These two sentences in the article are, IMO, the important ones:

The official said Navarro acknowledged hitting the agent and has been taken to Mexicali.

Navarro had previously been detained and jailed for smuggling 10 undocumented migrants into the U.S., and there was a warrant for his arrest in Mexicali for human trafficking, the statement said

I do believe though that kudos need to be sent to Mexican officials for their assistance in the apprehension of this suspect -

Old 01-24-2008, 09:32 AM

1,744 posts, read 7,260,272 times

Uhhh, dude, we've already been over this. Did you see the post about how there was no mention of a Hummer in the original article?

Why are you people so hung up on the Hummer? I'm about to bang my head against a wall.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
Uhhh, dude, we've already been over this. Did you see the post about how there was no mention of a Hummer in the original article?

Why are you people so hung up on the Hummer? I'm about to bang my head against a wall.
You kept repeating " i don't see any hummer". So i gave you a link to the article with the hummer in it. I could care less about the hummer.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 AM

1,744 posts, read 7,260,272 times
[quote=blacknight04;2609490]You kept repeating " i don't see any hummer". [quote]

Prove it.

I never denied the Hummer's existance, BUT THERE WAS NO MENTION OF THE HUMMER IN THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone brought it up to me trying to call me out on something I posted and I mentioned that there was no mention of the Hummer in the original article, which was what I was going off of. I never said that "I don't see any hummer" or that there was no hummer.

If this forum allowed cussing, there would be a few choice explicatives in that little paragraph.

For the record, I acknowledge a Hummer's existance, as it has been pointed out to me several times that there was one involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration